O'Reilly Auto Parts Culture reviews

Found 1,238 reviews matching the search See all 5,878 reviews
My experence
PARTS SPECIALIST/ CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 29, 2019
I got management training and do management task but never got promoted to a management position. I was always brought down by other member of management.
Nothing stands out
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 29, 2019
When trying to advance in the company, they dont help you move up even though they say they will or do. They underpay and overwork employees. Dont care about employees family needs when it comes to scheduling. Have best discount program for auto parts stores. The pay is terrible. Can go work at McDonald's and start out making more money. They have a great job culture in writing but actually implementing it is another story.
Pros
Good discount program
Cons
Breaks or lack of, low pay, lack of management involvement
Fun place to work
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 29, 2019
Relaxed atmosphere never had anything bad to say about the customers or my coworkers but the manager could use some work explaining things to new employees
Pros
Great discount
Productive workplace
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 28, 2019
By working here you'll gain great customer and management skills. You'll learn how to work as a team and not do things on your own. There's always something to do and training every day.
Pros
Great discounts on auto parts
Cons
Schedule never stays the same
Good culture
Installer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 28, 2019
O'Reilly Auto Parts has a great culture. They try to promote from within the company when able to. New hires start at a little over minimum wage. So turn over can be an issue.
Paid
Driver (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 21, 2019
I love the job and the people the management is great it's just the pay is not enough if the pay was better I think I will retire from the job over all good people to work with
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Job does not pay enough
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHMay 17, 2019
Good place to work. Culture is great just not enough pay. The management is awesome as well as corporate management. Nothing bad to say at all about the comoany except for the pay.
Coworkers are like family
Delivery and Auto Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 16, 2019
Great place to work. Great manager at my store. Everyone is very helpful and enjoys working. As a delivery driver for them, I have a relaxed and easy job.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
District management
Had a great time with the workers and company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 15, 2019
Very professional work environment, awesome and friendly co-workers. Have lots of fun in a perfessional manner and met alot of new customers Was able to travel and work at the different stores around town to lean to ways an abilities to improve my work habits and ethnics.
Current manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 11, 2019
The job is what you make of it. Strong company with plenty of growth opportunities. Yes, as a manger you can work some long hours but if you build your team right you won’t. Pay is based on your performance and the performance of your store. If you just want to collect a check and get by this is not the place for you. If you want to learn, have a chance to grow and are willing to put in the work you can do well.
Pros
Benefits, culture and competitive pay
Cons
Long hours initially
Outdated Practices, Below-market compensation
Team Member Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 7, 2019
The company leadership is comprised of individuals that have been with the company for 20 -30 years. Most of these individuals want to run the company like it was when it was only a handful of stores, even though we have approx 6000 stores and 80,000 employees.

They are behind on progressive benefit packages, such as flex time, and PTO.

Pay is below market value. Most comparable jobs for my position paid $10,000 - 20,000 more per year.

Large divide between corporate employees and field employees in terms of communication, compensation, expectations, and accountability.
Pros
Company discount, Stability - they don't layoff often, mainly due to low pay and under-staffing.
Cons
Disconnect between corporate and field, Politics and favoritism are evident with higher ranking individuals, Pay is poor, Benefits could be improved, Outdated technology.
Nice job
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 6, 2019
Like like like like good prices nice people great Parts .
Can also be a great work environment. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? Go Team
Great people, okay work enviorment
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 26, 2019
I usually stock parts and products as soon as I clock in. I help any and all customers that come in with all their auto part needs. The most enjoyable part of the job are the great people I've met and the great things that I've learned while working there.
The Job does not pay well
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bonifay, FLApril 19, 2019
Overall my job is not that bad but it does not pay well enough to make it a long term position unless you make it into upper management. If the wages were competitive I would be more inclined to stay.
Fun fast place to work in
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 19, 2019
Every day you do the same thing but every day is different. Its different because you get all sorts of customers. You get customers who think they know it all and then you get those customers who have no clue what car their driving. But regardless we are glad to help out. Every day I learn something new and that's what makes this job amazing, specially if you love cars like I do. Management, like my store manager and district manager are amazing. Hardest part of the job is the customers, but always a pleasure helping them. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people fix their problem with their car and also the people i work with.
Pros
awesome management and environment
Cons
The pay is not great
Worked to get myself to school
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIApril 17, 2019
It was nice working here for three years. I worked here for three years, loved the discount workers got. I wish they would offer more benefits to part time people.
good place to work
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, ILApril 13, 2019
everything about working at oreilly is great. competitive wages, promote within the company. as long as your a good worker you move up pretty fast. great and friendly envrioment
oreillys
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 10, 2019
is a decent place to work. relaxed environment. helped customers with there vehicles. learned more about the vehicles then I ever thought I would. management was decent.
Pros
relaxed.
Cons
attitudes sometimes
enjoyable and fast paced
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TNApril 5, 2019
A typical day of work could either quick or slow paced, every day differs. I have learned a lot about parts and customer service, and how to handle different types of customers even angry customers.
Management is good, just like anywhere there are obstacles to over come and sometimes heads butt, but i enjoy all the people in management. The hardest part of my job would be when its outrageously busy on a day when my team members and myself arent meshing well together. Just like any other job some times you and your fellow employees just arent on the same page. The best part of my job is right the opposite, when its a good day and everything is running smoothly, makes the work place much more enjoyable.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
not the best health care
I like working with the employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILApril 2, 2019
I liked working with other employees and the customers that came in. I liked being able to help others when they can not find the parts. I liked the fact they called me when not there and I could tell them where the part was without being there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.9K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably