O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,688 reviews matching the search See all 5,700 reviews
Pretty good place for part time
Parts specialist and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 5, 2019
I wouldn't give this place a negative or positive review. It's just a job. There were bad days, but even the worst day there was better than a bad day in the military.
Pros
Discount parts and a steady job
Cons
Difficult to move up
Best
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gladewater, TXJuly 5, 2019
This was by far my most favorite job. No matter what if you need help with work or something personal someone would make sure you got the help you asked for.
Don’t work there
Parts Salesman (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJuly 4, 2019
Management is incompetent and lie to your face. Lied about raises. Failed to give earned raises on time and promised back pay that was never received. The “insensitives” were decent on me, because no one else ever met sales goals.
F endorsements are a must
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2019
Working for O'Reilly is okay. I work in the hub. It's the biggest O'Reilly in Memphis. We deal with alot of expensive parts. Driving is part of the job. So please have a clean driving record and f endorsements.
decent company
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNJuly 3, 2019
I was happy at Oreillys for the most part. It all depends on who your manager will be, for some reason I always had a difficult time dealing with my managers here.
Poor managment and leadership
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2019
Many employees are fired over drama and supervisors not getting along with employees. Most supervisors play favorites and have vendettas againt regular employees. Its a great environment at first but it quickly becomes hostile between employees and theb supervisor always picks the favorite employees side.
Fast pace, fun place to work
TRANSPORTATION DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 3, 2019
It's a fast pace, fun place to work in. Sometimes could be overwhelming, but there's always a supervisor near by to answer your questions. O'Reilly also believes in promoting from within...
Fun place to work, management is the problem.
RSS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2019
I liked O'Reilly. Got to hang out and meet with other fellow car lovers. They have some of the most knowledgeable customers which makes the job a lot easier. Management was the reason for me leaving O’Reilly. I asked to be moved to a full time worker, never happened. I asked for a raise, didn’t happen. I then asked for a transfer due to my only vehicle breaking down and leaving 30 minutes away, didn’t happen. Decided to talk to district manager and he told me to talk to my store manager. So yeah, got frustrated and left.
good team work
Delivery Specialist Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2019
Because it was a new brand store, it really started very slowly. Little by little more new customer started coming. I was supposed to be only the parts delivery driver for the store; taking parts to the different clients. However; during the first days, the business was very slow. It helped me to learn how to work in the store, learning more where the parts were located and learning how to be a a good customer helper.
Pros
...good kitchen area
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJuly 2, 2019
Good, clean. Good parts. Good prices
,.. .. Good communication , Could be more flexible on time...... Need New catalogs. More promotions. New methods.
Ok company to work for.
Installer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 2, 2019
I feel they lost their best employee. I was very dedicated to the company and tried my hardest to make improvements in the store. My district manager liked me a lot.
It was a good job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 2, 2019
I enjoyed working at oreillys for the time that I was there. I liked the people I worked with. I worked there from my junior year of high school until I started college. When I started college I was told that they do not hire summer help and unfortunately was let go.
Easy job quick to learn
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2019
Simple job. easy to learn, quick to understand. Acceptable benefits and enjoyable cooperative staff. Room for advancement and raises. Guaranteed forty hours.
Pros
Life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, guaranteed hours, discounts, room for advancements
Cons
low wages (in my location), small margin for error
If you think you should, don't.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJuly 1, 2019
Horrible work-life balance and compensation. If you're expecting to get any type of coaching or advancement, forget it. Those things are only for friends of management on the store, district and regional levels. In-service training is a joke. You could learn more from You-Tube videos. And they only hire females for demographic purposes. There are no designated break times, so you have to eat any breakfast/lunch/dinner on your feet in between customers but away from the customer area.
Pros
Teamwork sometimes encouraged
Cons
No breaks, bad management, poor compensation
Poor Management
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint James, MOJuly 1, 2019
I would test batteries, starters, & modules. Install wipers & batteries. I enjoyed working with the public, stocking shelves, ad changes & planograms. I left because of management turnover, not honoring the ASE pay scale & training my boss. GREAT BENEFITS, but management is stupid!!
Great environment with lots of room for growth
Part's specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 30, 2019
Awesome company with good benefits and discounts lots of room to grow if management is your goal they treat you like family I would definitely apply if your looking for a good job
Pros
Part's discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Funny company, little advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2019
Different stores have different atmospheres but poor management is what destroys staff morale. It’s fun and fast paced at times so their always something new to deal with if your up for a challenge.
It's a fair work place
Auto parts salesman (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 30, 2019
It's a good start to learn about cars and retail you get to learn more about cars from working here. It's a great way to get work experience from working here
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Gets very stressful
Great company
Commercial Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJune 30, 2019
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement and competitive pay. Good schedule and great management. Lots of room for longterm career opportunities.
Relaxed enviorment
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2019
Great opp for advancement if you want it. benefits could be better but def better than other auto parts stores. Depending on the store you land in the management is pretty good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.9K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight