O'Reilly Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 5,694 reviews matching the search See all 5,706 reviews
Poor Management
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint James, MOJuly 1, 2019
I would test batteries, starters, & modules. Install wipers & batteries. I enjoyed working with the public, stocking shelves, ad changes & planograms. I left because of management turnover, not honoring the ASE pay scale & training my boss. GREAT BENEFITS, but management is stupid!!
Great environment with lots of room for growth
Part's specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 30, 2019
Awesome company with good benefits and discounts lots of room to grow if management is your goal they treat you like family I would definitely apply if your looking for a good job
Pros
Part's discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Funny company, little advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2019
Different stores have different atmospheres but poor management is what destroys staff morale. It’s fun and fast paced at times so their always something new to deal with if your up for a challenge.
It's a fair work place
Auto parts salesman (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 30, 2019
It's a good start to learn about cars and retail you get to learn more about cars from working here. It's a great way to get work experience from working here
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Gets very stressful
Great company
Commercial Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJune 30, 2019
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement and competitive pay. Good schedule and great management. Lots of room for longterm career opportunities.
Relaxed enviorment
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2019
Great opp for advancement if you want it. benefits could be better but def better than other auto parts stores. Depending on the store you land in the management is pretty good.
Great place to work. The culture at O’reillys is what the company is all about.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 30, 2019
At this company if you have the drive and the willingness to learn you can start on the counter as a new hire and go to the top in 10-15 years. That seems like a long time but where else can you say that. Most people can work at a company for 30 yrs and never make it to low level management. Or you can work at O’reillys for 5 years and make it to manager and stay there at the store level and make good living and have better than average benefits.
Productive and accurate place.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 29, 2019
It’s a bit heavy but with a really good productivity and accuracy goals. Different departments with certain goals which helps you become a better employer.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Typical corporate retail
First Call (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 29, 2019
Organized and operated as any retail environment. Basic benefits that can only be afforded at a managerial salary. Knowledgeable employees maintain upper sales positions and unknowledgable move up into management. An environment where knowledge is kept in sales and those lacking become management creates a hostile and chaotic environment.
Pros
Livable income with benefits
Cons
Chaotic environment
Unorganized and stressful place to work
Merchandiser/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 28, 2019
I would not recommend O'REILLY to my worst enemy. If your job is not one that makes the company money, e.g. counter salesman, you are a nobody and are paid accordingly. After all it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do your job!
N/a
RSS Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 28, 2019
Management is lazy they help for what is gonna better them and don't care ppl that work for them. Also don't work as a team... And when I store fails they wanna say or blame it on someone sealing so if your thinking Bout going here for job make sure it is a busy store that way u can make money and don't get blame for sealing when its a slow store.....
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2019
It was a great oportunity to learn and use my abilities as a lider great people and work enviroment, every day was a challenge to learn something new and to help costumers.
Nice place to work
Material Handler/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2019
Its a very nice place to work at.The people there are nice friendly and i love the way we all work together. The work is not hard at all. Those parts can get heavy at times and that can be stressful at times. I just wish that maybe the breaks were a little longer and they provided us with water each and every day not just on the days that its hotter than 90 degrees.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
short breaks
Dependent on Store
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 27, 2019
pays commission but it's only worth it if your at a big store it's based or store sales or personal sales which evers higher, that being said the pay isn't great and only raises you get are yearly evaluations which is at the managers discretion so you may not even get raises,most benefits are full time only so if your part time theres really not a whole lot there, and in all honestly you would get paid more just about anywhere else
Pros
Good Employee Discount
Cons
Pays low, Stressful at times, low chance of advancement, Raises if you get them are in small increments
fun place to work
Front Counter Sales/ RSS/ ISS (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 27, 2019
O'Reilly Auto Parts is a good place to work the environment changes constantly due to the amount of people that come in to the store. you get to meet people all the time and the workplace is always busy.
Play Non-Stop Gogo work environment
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  1200 N Century Ave, Kansas City, MO 64120June 27, 2019
Enjoyed working here and the people that I work with but the hours and overall treatment was not what I expected and need for my family and I if there where better hours available and more pay then I would be more than willing to stay much longer but that's not the case
Overworked Picker !
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2019
Oriellys would be a good place to work if they did not over work you . If someone calls in you have to pick up the slack . Management will not step in to help they just sit in the office calling out orders numbers still needing completion . That made me Furious ! So you leave work late everyday . They also did not tell us your be walking 8 miles a day in the heat for 5 days a week for only 13.40 a hour ! The people there are hard working and should be making 17 or more .
Not a bad place to work for if you are a good people person and know car parts.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 26, 2019
Pretty much all you do everyday is come in, in find parts for people either at the counter or over the phone. If not that you Patrol the store making sure nothing needs to be filled on the Shelf or doing planograms. Not very hard physically but can be mentally tasking at times. If you do not like to hear phones ring 24/7. This is not the job for you.
Was a fun place to work
Parts Specialist/Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, ILJune 26, 2019
I was there for a year and a half and there was one coworker i didnt get along with and I lost my job because of him and i got to know alot of the coustmers over the time i worked there
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Coworkers
Idiots
Parts salesman (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 25, 2019
First of all the discount they give you is actually crazy but they'll be willing to screw you at the drop of a hat. Do not seek this as permanent job or career path, out dated equipment and our district manager got an attitude with me simply because I said I didn't like the style of hat we have to wear
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lucky to get a break, shady management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.9K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Powered by Comparably