O-I Employee Review

good pay, but thats it
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 24, 2014
OI is a good place to make good money if you are single and plan on staying that way, or if your kids are grown. But if you have young children or are beginning a marriage, it is the worst. They rotate your schedule weekly, and 90% of the time you work on the weekends. So forget about your social life. their "weekend" is really a gap of only 48 hours, literally, oh and by the way on a new schedule, like from swing to graveyards. this is detrimental to your health and biological clock, not to mention the lack of sleep puts you in a bad mood all the time. Like most other places, supervisors favor kiss ashes, they give the brown nosers the jobs they want, and give the dirtier jobs to people they don't like. There is absolutely no training, and most senior employees don't want to show you anything.
Pros
good pay, paid lunch
Cons
weekly rotating, no pension

Other O-I Employee Reviews

Easy job with no personal life
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 18, 2018
Rotating shifts are the worst, job is easy, but there’s no room for advancement. Everything is by seniority and they lay the lowest off almost every year now. Management is all over the place and the slackers seem to be rewarded, while the hard workers get walked all over. All and all if they would just get rid of the rotating shift it really wouldn’t be a bad place to work for. Which I don’t see why they wouldn’t change this it seems like all the reviews say this but no one in this company cares to make their employees happy. Go down the seniority list like they do with everything else it’s really not that hard. They changed it to straight shifts for the mechanics and we are all in the same Union?! What’s the deal???
Pros
Decent pay/benefits, paid breaks
Cons
Rotating shifts
I like my job.
Warehouse Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 17, 2018
I am a lift driver in the warehouse. I know my job and what is expected of me. I am left to do my job with no one breathing down my neck (except occassional extra projects). I work a straight 8 hours and no mandatory o.t. It is rotating shifts, which is the toughest part of the job. I receive my schedule for the whole year in advance. I can plan out other activities accordingly. My supervisor is great at approving day off requests on work days. I like it here. It is steady to fast paced. My work day goes by fast. My warehouse co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
No mandatory o.t.! Good pay, benefits, etc.
Cons
Rotating shifts are definitely hard to get use to, but there are straight shift positions available every so often (by seniority)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight