Oak Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

Great environment to work
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 4, 2018
Greeted and registered patients as appropriate for inpatient and outpatient services.
Ensured correct billing and insurance information received for patients and entered into correct digital programs.
Answered incoming calls and transferred as appropriate.
Accepted patient questions, ensured they received correct information and provided directions to departments and offices within the hospital.
Ensured all registration documents were properly completed, signed and routed.
Assisted with transporting of patients through and between departments and delivered samples to laboratories.
Observed patients for status as directed by nursing staff, reporting any changes to status appropriately.
Assisted security through monitoring of emergency room patient entrance.
General administrative duties and office procedures as needed.
Called for ambulances and medivac as needed.
I enjoyed working in the fast paced atmosphere of the ER. The doctors were great to work with and the staff all got along.
Would recommend
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I've personally have had/am having a great working experience at Oak Hill. I'm constantly learning and seeing new things due to being a part of the float pool team. My schedule is very flexible with school and over time is easy to come by.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLDecember 18, 2017
I loved working there, did not want to leave, I enjoyed working with the staff, patients, and management. At times it was hectic, but overall a great place to work
It's just a job
Food and Nutrition Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 13, 2017
Eh nothing much to say. It's a job. I don't understand anything to put because it's literally just a job you wake up and go to every morning just life any other job. The management in HR isn't very accommodating but it's just a job.
part-time employment
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34608December 12, 2017
I never knew my schedule ahead of time. No benefits. I wanted full-time but they kept telling me no available. So I looked elsewhere for fulltime and benefits.
Cons
no set schedule
good
Registered Nurse ICU/CCU Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 10, 2017
great hospital and team to work with. The hospital is continuing to grow and advance. The census is always full and patients ask to come there for the excellent care we provide.
Pros
good team
case management of variety of patients
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 10, 2017
case management of variety of patients. Assessment and education providing safe discharge plans. Most enjoyable part of job is to work with patients, most difficult part is the working on multiple floors trying to provide services to patients.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
stressful environment
Great place to work for the most part
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. Winter seasons get ridiculously busy. This is a medium sized hospital so it's quick to get to know most of the staff. It sometimes has that "small town" feel. Holidays there were always something to boost moral.
Cons
The
Great place to work!
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLOctober 20, 2017
Growing hospital adding many new services and very dedicated to
employee appreciation and empowerment. I feel appreciated, respected, supported in providing quality care to our patients. Coworkers are friendly and qualified.
fast and busy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 20, 2017
days are long and are busy, which is typical with any hospital. I enjoy working with various people and helping them to get better. The hardest part of the day is standing on my feet at all times. I stand in one position all day receiving in specimens and delivering them to different departments in the lab.
productive positive environment
food and nutrition services (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 2, 2017
I delivered meals to the patients in the hospital. I learned that doing this kind of work puts a new prospective on life and how precious life is so I need to live it to the fullest. My manager was really nice. I didn't always agree with my coworkers decisions in life but I was their friend. I didn't have any enemies. The hardest part of the job was building relationships with the sick patients and going back to their rooms to deliver their meal and having the nurse tell me they just passed away. The most exciting part of my job was getting to put a smile on those sick patience faces when they didn't feel like smiling.
Pros
free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons
short breaks, snooty docs
travel friendly/ new grad friendly... willing to train
Travel RN (ICU) (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 1, 2017
So I came to this hospital working ICU but you can get floated 1 or 2 times a week if the numbers are low. Every floor they floated me to was nice, helpful and friendly. You get the feeling that the nurses really want to help the patients and take pride in their job. In the ICU/ER I can say the charge nurses are helpful and willing to help out whenever you are having a problem. The charge nurses at this hospital are actual a good resource to use when needed and will check on you throughout the shift to see how you are doing. Staffing is like most places with hit an miss days, sometimes you may get tripled but the staff and charge nurses are very good about helping you out when this happens (even when your patient needs to go to CT they will try and take them for you). its HCA so the scheduling is done by open selection so I did enjoy that. the overall travel experience has been a good one on day shift. so much so that 3 of us have signed up for another 13 weeks. the workers and management really try to help you feel like part of the staff family. would recommend to first time travelers for ICU for sure.
Pros
the staff and charge nurses
Cons
sometimes you get tripled in ICU
not a happy place to work for
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
small hospital.
under staffed did not feel valued as a employee most of the time.
very stressed for the last year 1/2 i worked there.
the management isnt too good . at least where i was.
Nice Facility
Clinical Dietitian-PRN (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34613December 4, 2016
Good Facility to work for. Upper management is focused on growth/expansion/quality/training of staff. Upper management is personable and collaborative.
The right way to deal with work.
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work is just another day of you enjoying your job, You learn all kinds of things throughout the day. it may be a very big thing or something as little as where something should be placed. You are not always going to get along with all of your co-workers but you are going to have to have a good attitude and work together. The hardest part during the day is might be learning something new. The most enjoyable part of the day is making customers happy and getting the job done.
Issues with management- no one cares
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Loved my job, loved my co-workers. Management needs work or to just be replaced all together. Very stressful when boss is around but great place to work when he's not.
Pros
co workers
Cons
boss
ok place
Emergency Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJuly 21, 2016
Crazed manager very hard to get along with likes to play games and pin the tail on the donkey. She needs to move on and do somthing else not COO material.
A great place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 25, 2016
It's been several years, but my manager was very nice and tried to work with everyone's needs and wants regarding scheduling.
The hardest part of the job was the nurse/patient ratio at the time.
From what I understand, that problem has been improved through legislation in the last ten years.
not happy
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 23, 2016
sit by your phone ,job hunting for 3 months and nothing.....very rude
and very unapproachable.......... maybe someone else would hire someone with 12 years medical experience.....
Pros
i got on the webpage for hca
Cons
no response/ or answers
A very good secure job and a good experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 6, 2016
It was a good experience. Working with the nurses and Charge nurse was amazing. They were all very helpful. The Director was wishy washy at times but overall the experience was positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oak Hill Hospital Reviews by Location