Oak Street Health Employee Reviews

wasn't what I expected - very unprofessional deceitful work environment
Outreach Associat (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2019
Just a bunch of mess from start to end - constantly lied on - HR allowed me to be cussed out and falsely accused often - witnessed PM's cussed out and disrespected by 28 year old and not even wrote up but almost applauded for her actions - it was simply ridiculous and sad to say it didn't have to be - it has the potential of a great company to work for if they hired experienced baby boomers instead of allowing millenials run the top positions, they are not qualified and respond by backbiting and siding with their favorites
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible HR staff
Great enviroment
Outreach Liaison (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIFebruary 7, 2019
Great staff and overall great place to be. It was nice being in the public sponsoring oak street health. A good company to learn from. They are really taking off as a doctors office.
Get Management training ASAP
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2019
I was hired rapidly in Cleveland Ohio. During my interview I was introduced to so many nice people I mean everyone was SUPER nice. I wasn't trained on anything. I was just brought in to be a medical assistant. So I thought! Once we arrived to the site it was a trailer space and we were told we cannot sit anywhere except in one of the maybe six rooms 4 being exam rooms. We had a micromanaging manager that knew how to do absolutely nothing she always answer questions with how did your job before here do it, or did we ask anyone else. It became like a small prison and the manager was the warden. The set up of the way they handle patients are ridiculous and I worked for a hospital before them for years and never saw things ran the way oak street wanted. It only seem like they are out taking advantage of the older Medicare patients to receive more money. I would go to my manager about not knowing how to do things because I wasn't properly trained and it would get used against me management started to take daily pokes at me as if she was looking for a negative response, I mean she would do this to me everyday. So I went to HR who didn't handle it, I went to her higher up who never thought it needed to be addressed. I literally got bullied by my oak street management for almost 90 days and after numerous attempts to report management. The manager I reported fired me. Not only fired me but sat me in an exam room with HR the same HR lady that knew about my many bullying complaints and attacked my character, as well as work performance. Still to this day I don't know why I was terminated  more... truthfully. All those smiling faces I meet at my interview was all devil's in disguise. The pay is great that's about the only thing I can say about Oakstreet. I even reached out to the Treehouse in Chicago and noone got in touch with me until I received an email finally from my management boss AFTER I was already terminated saying how sorry he was that this happened to me. Treehouse called me and claimed to be taking a report of my complaint AFTER I was terminated and he ended my call with he's sorry this happened to me and good luck. They are all a bunch of idiots but if you can hang in there for the money go for it it's the only thing worth it!!  less
Pros
Horrible management
Cons
Pay
Do not like to be micro-managed
Clinic Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Speedway, INFebruary 2, 2019
No matter which position I was working the Administrator was always telling us how to do our job. She had no nursing of medical training.This was very frustrating for me, having been a nurse for over 35 yrs. The training was very poor.
good company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 19, 2018
the company its self was and is good to work for. the joliet location is the reason i had to leave even though i don't want to. I f you decide to work here just be sure to avoid the joliet location.
TEAM workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Oak Street Health is a nice company to work with and very proud to be part of the team. Coworkers are like family. The work environment could be stressful sometimes but TEAMWORK is a big concept and it's nice that you can depend on your fellow coworkers. Love the patients!
Overall review
Welcome Coordinator ( Administrative Assistant ) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46802December 3, 2018
Oak Street Health pays really good but the work environment is not the best, And you also have no means of advancement. The office positions are based off of who you know and who you're friends with.
Oak Street Health is Great Employer
LCSW (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2018
OSH is wonderful place for Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW). LCSW's are treated and respected as providers. We provide mental health services in primary care setting. We are the picture of Integrative Care.
Highly recommend Oak Street to LSW's in need of supervision.
Pros
Autonomy, Growth Potential, Young Company open to new ideas
Great opportunities for growth
Practice manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
Oak street has a great mission and they do their best to deliver on it. They offer a lot of opportunities for growth because the company is growing so quickly.
Ghetto
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
No work/life balance. Employees are ghetto, loud and RUDE.
Never can tell who is in charge. Employees are always on their phones. You can hear their personal conversations while your waiting for your appointment.
High Paced Work Atmoshphere
Community Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Oak Street Health is a hyper growth company where your monthly quota increases whether or not you reached your goal the month prior. That said, stay focused and learn the key constructs ASAP.
Start up
Real Estate Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
The company is growing quickly. Which is great. But staffing level are not matching the pace of growth. People will get burnt out. Hi turnover already,for a company this new.
Central Outreach Associate
Central Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
● Community outreach for surrounding areas of clinical establishments. Administering Medicare education at local community business
● Insurance eligibility of patients and prospects
● Accountable for scheduling initial appointments with assigned medical provider and transportation
● Possess abilities that require teamwork operation and flexibility at all clinics within the company
● Responsible for meeting monthly quotas of new patients of the clinic
Wonderful workplace
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 9, 2018
Oak Street Health is a nice place to work, very amazing physicians, medical assistants, phlebotomist, welcome coordinators, practice manager, PRM, and Outreach team.
Hyper growth
Director of Sales & Outreach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2018
Pressure-cooker sales environment, focused on meeting monthly targets to bring in new patients.

Good culture, friendly, positive employees. However, the career path is not what it's purported to be.
Pros
Positive coworkers
Cons
Too focused on growth and not enough on scaling up current operations
Not a professional advancement office
Outreach Associate (Current Employee) –  Speedway, INJuly 22, 2018
At least at my specific clinic, my boss is terrible. I believe that this company can often sell their new employees a dream that they can get promoted whenever their hearts desire. But in my experience in Indianapolis, you have to be buddy-buddy with the boss and the men in charge to ever get your voice heard. The company itself is great, but if you are planning to work at the Speedway location, just use caution!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working way over 40 hours a week
Do not work for this company
BHS (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2018
Unrealistic expectations. You will be judged by each and everything you say. Co-workers will stab you in the back and smile to your face. Not a nice place to work
Pros
Cons
see review

Comment – August 1, 2018

Many obstacles are in place that prevents the Social Workers and Behavioral Health Specialists from doing their jobs. The company is in a continual state of disorganization. Way too many meetings and pieces of training that prevent your work from being completed in a timely manner. I implore any Social Worker to not work for this organization.

great place to work
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2018
typical day was 9-5
learned alot about team management and program management
workplace culture changes recently- growing pains
hardest part is to be an expert in your projects
Pros
flexible work hours
Awesome place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2018
Oak Street Health is a fantastic place to work. Their emphasis on work-life balance (providers have scribes!) and compensation for providers is unparalleled in my experience. I've always felt very supported and valued by management. Job expectations are completely reasonable. Appointment times are longer, and it doesn't feel pressured. The company has grown a ton in the few years it's existed, and the things they have accomplished already in changing the way primary care is delivered is seriously impressive. It's an exciting place to work where innovation and evolution is the norm and employees can have a say in how things are done. They actually listen to and implement feedback in a timely manner. Most healthcare organizations are big beauracracies where change happens slowly, if at all, and it's all about volume and numbers. Not here. I love Oak Street.
Pros
Work-life balance, good pay and benefits, supportive management
Cons
productive fun place to work
Lead Medical social worker (Former Employee) –  oak park, ILMay 15, 2018
A very fast pace environment. Great staff and Doctors. The OSH model is great. The pay is great, but negotiate because it can help. I enjoyed working there and serving our patients. Made my day very rewarding.
Pros
great pay
Cons
PTO is horrible, health insurance is very high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oak Street Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight