OAK VALLEY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Okay place to get experience.
RN (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CAJune 13, 2018
Everyone is always in a bad mood when you approach them. We’re always understaffed. There is no sense of “teamwork.” The benefits are good, but the pay is terrible. There is no room for career advancement. People are hand picked for positions within the company (unless you’re applying for a general position like nurse, CNA, housekeeping, etc). Overall people feel very unappreciated by management. It’s a stepping stone to work somewhere else if you don’t have experience. There’s a very high turnover rate.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Low pay, short staffed, and poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAMarch 30, 2018
This hospital is underpaid with poor management. Manager wouldn't help out the nurses when it was crazy busy. Manager was inconsiderate and heartless when I had a family crisis and had to miss work for a while. Also wouldn't want to give me one day off, would schedule me the rest of the days that I didnt go to school no weekends off, and would schedule me when I had school when the information of me going to school was given from the start. I was there only CNA when they said they were going to hire one more but never did. Some of the nurses acted like they couldn't do anything on their own and would get mad if I was busy doing something else. I was hired for a pm shift but then when I started the job they said I would be on day shift which was better for me but the CEO didnt want me on day shift but rather on nights. That was really upsetting & eventually they were going to move me to nights. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone!
Cons
Underpaid, short staffed, poor management
Low pay and poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAFebruary 23, 2018
The hospital really makes you work hard and for a very low pay rate. You get 5 cent "raises" at a time. Super hard to grow and advance in your work. Manager was mean and not considerate of other employees. The hospital is such a big corporation you kind of get lost in the mess.
Pros
Constantly hiring, good temporary placement.
Cons
Pay rate, Management
friendly environment
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAAugust 27, 2017
My time at oak valley was wonderful. It is very busy. Coworkers are friendly and most are helpful. The only down side is that i feel that the CEO does not care about the quality of care, rather stresses the importance in numbers of patients. They pay is less than other places and there are no bonuses or incentives like there are at other places so basically you are overworked for a below average pay.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
low pay, no appreciation for workers.
Stressful place for management jobs
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Business OfficeMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at Oak Valley Hospital until the current upper management was hired. Very stressful if you are a manager of a department. I gained all my knowledge as far as the business office from working almost 30 years at Oak Valley Hospital. The hardest part of working there is the demands that were put on you but not enough staff to get the job done.

The most enjoyable part was the life long friendships made with your peers and employees.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Wage freeze, upper management, not enough employees in PFS
Down grading, unprofessional
ER Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAApril 9, 2017
Unprofessional Admitting management, down grading, low paying, unappreciated, CEO comes from groceries and knows nothing medical. The company will go down eventually.
Pros
Co workers
Dont waste your time.
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAApril 8, 2017
Horrible management, horrible supervisors company values profit over employees, the union is in bed with administration. Stay away if possible, under staffed and under appreciated.
Cons
Really bad place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAMarch 20, 2017
Bad job environment. Bad administration practices, too much work additional than they said. Low payment. You can't take your break time because they don't have enough people, so usually you have to do more than your instructions say. Everyone wants to be a boss and nobody is responsible. Avoid to work in this place!
Pros
Cons
Too much work
Overall
Hospital employee (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CADecember 2, 2016
Management and Administration have really made a positive difference here that I have seen over the past several years. Benefits and retirement are really good. You feel like you're part of a big family.
Look elsewhere...
RN (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CAMay 5, 2016
This place is very unorganized and they're way behind the times compared to other hospitals. They make promises about scheduling, advancement, etc. then things change after you're hired. The benefits are okay, but the pay is horrible.

Want to know more about OAK VALLEY HOSPITAL?

Ask a question
dont work here
tele tech monitor tech (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAMarch 7, 2016
Do not work here at this hospital. They totally snaked me for a job here!!! They hired me for a day shift position I signed all my papers and job offer. Then they called me back and told me its for graveyard shift. I tried to debate the issue. HR and The corporate office got involved. It took about two weeks. They then said that they werent in error. Besides that the hospital doesnt pay much. Youre a notch above poverty level!!! Run while you can!!!!
Flakey Employer
administration (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAOctober 31, 2015
This company posts jobs and never fills them. HR does not respond to emails, and they generally give the impression that they don't care.
Pros
Some people are happy there
Cons
They are unresponsive
Laboratory Assistant/phlebotomist
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAJuly 6, 2013
A typical day at work was drawing blood on all floors of the hospital.
Order entry, billing, and answering phones. Processing specimens, and sending out specimens to reference laboratories. Traveling to several physician offices to pick up their samples. Working in the micro/laboratory as required. Reading temperatures. Interpreting for physicians in the Emergency department of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the specimen processing department.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No breaks due to high volume work loads.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OAK VALLEY HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1