OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Probably one of the worst places I have ever worked
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 24, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. They believe in the all mighty dollar and not about their patients. They let the doctors run all over their nursing staff with no reprimand to them and then blame the nurses. If you apply here...you’ve been warned by all these reviews.
Pros
Coworkers were hardworking and wonderful to work with
Cons
Entire management...from the top on down
Good atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 4, 2018
A really good hospital to work at and to come to when feeling sick..Doctors are great and take really good care of their patients...the staffing their is really amazing too.
Satisfied
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXApril 24, 2018
I enjoy working at Oakbend Medical Center. Management is very involved in the employee comfort and takes into consideration issues that may arise and address options in solving them. My department is very goal oriented and the employees that I work with are team players which makes our work productivity much more balanced.
CEO and Administration are horrible
Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMarch 27, 2018
The turnover in employees is unbelievable. The clinical staff is not supported by Administration. There is no regard for patient safety and nurses need to be careful to not put their nursing licenses in jeopardy. The Patient Satisfaction Scores speak volumes about what type of healthcare is really provided by this organization. Employees care and try their best. Administration is horrible no matter how many accolades the CEO has been given. If you really care about working in healthcare this is not the place for you. The community volunteers are amazing people. The community itself deserves better from the organization. The CEO and Governing Board should be held accountable.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Horrible leadership
ok workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMarch 23, 2018
I loved my job for the most part. Did not approve of higher up decisions. Did love the people I worked with they became a family to me. It was a fast past day most of the time understaffed.
Oak bend is a great medical center
Quality Assurance, Expediter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMarch 5, 2018
This was a temporary job for myself at the time but I would like to work for oak bend without the temp agencies seem like I could grow with the company
Pros
Seems like a great opportunity
Decent hospital, Managers who shout
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Frequently had 7 patients per nurse on med/surg tele unit; 1 CNA per 14 patients; Security was not helpful if family members or patients became unruly. Facility did not back up the employees if a patient injured an employee.
Many of the floor managers would come up to staff and literally shout at them if they felt the employee had made a mistake. Managers would frequently belittle employees in front of other employees and patient family members.
Day shift would frequently have patients who were beginning to decline early in the day still on the floor when night crew arrived, and patient's vital signs would be critical to the point that the doctor would be called and would request for patient to go to ICU. Night shift could be scary in that sense.
Pros
Good insurance and pay was higher than other local facilities
Cons
managers who think it's ok to reprimand staff in the hallway
nice
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 20, 2018
a very nice place to work for most of the time. lots of great people... there is a wide range of responsible ... the people are like family extended family here.
Slow Paced
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Can be slow paced at times but every now and then have some stressful moments. Enjoy working environment but feel under paid. Management can use a little work but seem to be very flexible.
Nice place
COMMUNITY HEALTH COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I like the hospital. It is much smaller and intimate that big systems. I am looking for a place to grow and unfortunately there are not many opportunites with a smaller system.
Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXNovember 19, 2017
A very nice building with hard working nurses. The staff are overworked and safety is not the priority. Lots of staff leaving due to stressful working conditions. Very much a blame culture, written up for anything and everything, terminations of staff. Job security is not there, generally treading on egg shells.
Pros
Great staff, hard working
Cons
Poor management, lack of updated resources, extremely stressful, low staff morale
Non-recommended
E.R. Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 30, 2017
Overall terrible place to work. Benefits available to ful time employees including life insurance, health, dental, vision and 401K. Also-paid time off and sick leave
Friendly advice as other people in Houston says, "Stay away from Oakbend like it's life or death"
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 4, 2017
The worst management in my 20 years of nursing. New management started August 2017. People are leaving as fast as a semi-automatic. Five Charge Nurse left in one month, either resign or wrongfully terminated as well as other people due to severe dissatisfaction. New Director does not have any idea what to do but to verbally threat of termination to hard working people. New Unit Manager is a Kindergarten in college unaware of what is happening on the floor.

There is no appreciation and value. One Nurse working there for 8 years pulled out on the floor and terminated the same day without major issue or wrongdoing. Leaving her patient behind. Some people fired because of Hurricane Harvey, which is absolutely wrong by Federal Law. People disappear here without a warning.

You can check review in Memorial Hermann Sugarland and people will say it has bad management because people there came from Oakbend Medical Center.

The only reason it has a star because there is no Zero!
Pros
Unit Staff works hard and efficiently as much as they can. Even with up to 7 patients at a time.
Cons
Company can be good without the bad inexperience management who are pretending like a good actor.
Small community hospital
Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Overall, not a bad place to work in my particular department. I have a good relationship with my direct managers, but above that, the chain of command seems to break down quite a bit. Not a facility where changes or new ways are approached openly. Upper management can be quite frustrating.
Can be a busy work environment, sometimes stretching employees really thin. Aside from the senior staff, there seems to be a high turn over rate.
Employee morale can be wishy washy, one day high, one day low. I enjoy my department. There is a strong sense of teamwork, and we depend on each other in and outside of work when needed. PTO has always been granted when asked for, and my managers understand that you have a personal life outside of work.
An o.k. place to work.
CDA Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXAugust 21, 2017
Oak Bend is a decent place to work. The people who work there are great but completely under appreciated. Especially the people that make the hospital run- and I'm not talking about the nurses or doctors. I'm talking about the little people who work almost 24/7 to keep that place running.
Rn
HSE Preop Pacu (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXAugust 2, 2017
This is the worst hospital system ever. They don't spend there money to promote a safe environment for patients are staff. Do not work here unless you are desperate for work. Nurses are not treated with respect. And you will not get 40 hours even though you were hired for fulltime
Staff nurse in surgery
RN Surgery (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 18, 2017
You have to be tough to work in surgery no matter where you are working. My days change daily depending on who I am working with. Oak Bend as a whole is a good company to work for. Every job you have will have will have its pros and cons. I do enjoy working with my co-workers and feeling accomplished at the end of the day when surgery is over. .
Pros
PRO- good work life balance and staff is acknowledged for a job well done
Cons
CONS- you have to stay late because there is not a second shift to relive you at surgery centers
Needs a change of administrative leadership
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 28, 2017
Great facility at Williams Way. Some amazing staff members. Administration has not engaged in the philosophy that if you take good care of your employees, they will take good care of the patients.Salaries and benefits are competitive but the daily care issues that staff deal with are not worth the money.
Bad management and no security
Radiology assistant (Current Employee) –  1705 Jackson street Richmond tx 77469May 24, 2017
I would not work here ever again, management is horrible and doesn't take care of problems. They change your schedule and no job security. No benefits
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Bad management
Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMay 16, 2017
The office was a great environment. Everyone came to work, did their work and went home. It is organized very well and under the instruction of a really great supervisor. I interned in the HIM department and really enjoyed all of the co workers. I learned alot from this department and I can not wait to go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9