Oakland County, MI Employee Reviews

Stay away
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 6, 2019
Horrific work environment, management yells at people in front of the entire room, mandatory overtime usual work week between 60-75 hours, backstabbing coworkers, horrible management. No one cares about anyone but themselves.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Account Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 18, 2019
I do not have an opinion. I have worked for Oakland County for eighteen years. During that time I have learned many skills and appreciate all the county has to offer
Fun upbeat place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MIOctober 29, 2018
At the bar i worked with a tight close group of people who helped to expand and lift the customers. It was a clean, friendly environment that provided me with a good sense of customer service experience.
Decent Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 5, 2018
It was a good internship. Learned some cool things. There are very flexible hours. Its an unpaid internship though unfortunately. Management was awesome.
Cronyism Abounds
Specialist (Current Employee) –  PontiacSeptember 26, 2018
No chance for advancement due to a system of hiring buddies. Management doesn't care about the employees. No training. Toxic culture. HR department won't address complaints. Avoid at all costs.
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 22, 2018
This was just a temporary position until I could find a full time position. The difficult part was getting a full time position with them. Not a hard position to do daily.
Pros
Great people to work with
im still working in Oakland county
Michigan (Current Employee) –  Michigan commerceJuly 17, 2018
I am self employed, I love my clients and each one has specific needs that i tend too. I have kept there trust and dedication for years.I hire help when i need it and respect them as well.
Pros
I work for my self
Cons
It's hard work on your own
Overall Positive
Veterans Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJune 8, 2018
I have no complaints, the organization itself holds opportunity for advancement and different career goals. The career outlook is positive and stable.
Fun workplace working with kids and housesitting
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIMay 8, 2018
From changing diapers to taking the kids to the pool, babysitting is something I have always loved. Being trained in CPR and taking swim classes throughout each year keeps me on my toes and on the lookout for an emergency. The most difficult part of the job is putting the new kids I babysit for to bed. Although, the most enjoyable part is spending time with kids and learning new things from them.
Worst Place to work for
Auxiliary Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 20, 2018
Got hired as an Auxiliary worker part-time and they let me go because of gossip that i didn't partake in. They had one of their "Senior" workers stalk me around the building and report my every move. The assistant manager will warn you not to get involved with gossip but does it herself. If you do not have conversations with the coworkers or want to be their friends at work or share your personal life with them they take offense and report you. And state we are all like family here and you're just treating this like a job. which it is. I hated being watched at every move, everyday. when you make suggestions on how to better service families they take it as negativity because you are not agreeing to state policy. Got hired to work at a specific time but my schedule kept saying something else. This place was a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
breaks, people, management
Outdoor, fast paced, fun environment
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Perfect workplace for any high school or college kid looking for a summer job to make some extra cash. Out doors, great people, lots of fun. Good experience for resumes.
Good job, nice people, poor supervisor.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 16, 2018
There are a lot of office politics involved in job. Which is fine in some regards but not to the extent that were present. Supervisors offered no training then had the gall to tell me that they didn't think I meet their standards... I wonder why? Asked on multiple occasions that if things weren't being done correct, to let me know. Nothing. Its where I learned to not trust people at work again, always whispers, always pulling knifes out of my back. Not going to miss it.
Pros
Decent pay
Very Diverse Company
Special Needs Caregiver / The Arc (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 4, 2018
WHile working at The Arc of Oakland County, i have learned to work with many different children and families. I was fortunate to develop long lasting relationships with families ive worked for.
It's not what you know it's who you know.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 4, 2018
The work day goes by very fast. However Supervisors side with people with the most seniority. No team players and many clicks. Transferring is a joke.
Pros
Health Benefits/PTO/Life Insurance/Paid Holiday's
Cons
Superviors do not do what is best for moral. No team players. Only Clicks
Great workplace
IT GIS Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 30, 2017
This is a wonderful IT environment. I enjoy my position
Work day was 9-5
highly technical job with lots of moving parts. enjoyable culture. Accountability for everyone
Secure job but not a good management
Architect, PM and Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 11, 2017
Job is secure but do not have good management; work load is normal; sometime very low. Internal politics, nepotism and lake of good management is harder for minority employee to work.
My career
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 6, 2017
I worked for the Oakland County Sheriff for 30 years. It was a good place to work with good benefits and pay..The supervision was good but the administration was bad.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management and administration
Supervisor Awesome/Coordinator Not
Public Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 2, 2017
Good things and bad things. One down side is you worked everyday so you felt like you worked full time, but you were part time. I would rather two long days, then four or five short days!
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
Five days a week, yet often only five hours a day
nice workplace with good benefits
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 10, 2017
a good place to work, the guys make you feel welcome and the benefits are great. the work flow is pretty consistent and the hours are consistent as well.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
limited overtime
Good internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed my internship with the Sheriff's. I learn a lot about road patrol officers and what they go through. Met some wonderful people along the way.
Pros
Nice internship
Cons
N/a