Oakland County, MI Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
im still working in Oakland county
Michigan (Current Employee) –  Michigan commerceJuly 17, 2018
I am self employed, I love my clients and each one has specific needs that i tend too. I have kept there trust and dedication for years.I hire help when i need it and respect them as well.
Pros
I work for my self
Cons
It's hard work on your own
Overall Positive
Veterans Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJune 8, 2018
I have no complaints, the organization itself holds opportunity for advancement and different career goals. The career outlook is positive and stable.
Worked here
Employee (Current Employee) –  CountyMay 31, 2018
Worked and did not receive credit, assistance, they have poor management that utilizes scare tactics to keep people down. Terrible accountability. Looking to feel wanted for extra work put in.
Fun workplace working with kids and housesitting
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIMay 8, 2018
From changing diapers to taking the kids to the pool, babysitting is something I have always loved. Being trained in CPR and taking swim classes throughout each year keeps me on my toes and on the lookout for an emergency. The most difficult part of the job is putting the new kids I babysit for to bed. Although, the most enjoyable part is spending time with kids and learning new things from them.
Worst Place to work for
Auxiliary Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 20, 2018
Got hired as an Auxiliary worker part-time and they let me go because of gossip that i didn't partake in. They had one of their "Senior" workers stalk me around the building and report my every move. The assistant manager will warn you not to get involved with gossip but does it herself. If you do not have conversations with the coworkers or want to be their friends at work or share your personal life with them they take offense and report you. And state we are all like family here and you're just treating this like a job. which it is. I hated being watched at every move, everyday. when you make suggestions on how to better service families they take it as negativity because you are not agreeing to state policy. Got hired to work at a specific time but my schedule kept saying something else. This place was a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
breaks, people, management
Good job, nice people, poor supervisor.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 16, 2018
There are a lot of office politics involved in job. Which is fine in some regards but not to the extent that were present. Supervisors offered no training then had the gall to tell me that they didn't think I meet their standards... I wonder why? Asked on multiple occasions that if things weren't being done correct, to let me know. Nothing. Its where I learned to not trust people at work again, always whispers, always pulling knifes out of my back. Not going to miss it.
Pros
Decent pay
Very Diverse Company
Special Needs Caregiver / The Arc (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 4, 2018
WHile working at The Arc of Oakland County, i have learned to work with many different children and families. I was fortunate to develop long lasting relationships with families ive worked for.
It's not what you know it's who you know.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 4, 2018
The work day goes by very fast. However Supervisors side with people with the most seniority. No team players and many clicks. Transferring is a joke.
Pros
Health Benefits/PTO/Life Insurance/Paid Holiday's
Cons
Superviors do not do what is best for moral. No team players. Only Clicks
Great workplace
IT GIS Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 30, 2017
This is a wonderful IT environment. I enjoy my position
Work day was 9-5
highly technical job with lots of moving parts. enjoyable culture. Accountability for everyone
Secure job but not a good management
Architect, PM and Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 11, 2017
Job is secure but do not have good management; work load is normal; sometime very low. Internal politics, nepotism and lake of good management is harder for minority employee to work.
Supervisor Awesome/Coordinator Not
Public Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 2, 2017
Good things and bad things. One down side is you worked everyday so you felt like you worked full time, but you were part time. I would rather two long days, then four or five short days!
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
Five days a week, yet often only five hours a day
nice workplace with good benefits
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 10, 2017
a good place to work, the guys make you feel welcome and the benefits are great. the work flow is pretty consistent and the hours are consistent as well.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
limited overtime
Simple job with no advancement
Data Processing Equipment Operator I (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 11, 2017
Being an operator is a pretty easy job. You work with the mainframe system and monitor networks and servers. If something goes down, you notify the teams of the issue and open up a ticket.
Great people, long hours
Dispatch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 4, 2017
High stress, very rewarding. For all the cities that you call take/ dispatch for you need to make more money. Really long hours, lot of forces. The best people working there always willing to help out.
Pros
Great Team members
Really great experience
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 28, 2017
Sadly I only worked a few productions with oakland county schools. Seems there wasn't a lot of funding. Hoping there will be more chances in the future!
Don't apply useless your desperate
Park Deputy (Former Employee) –  Oakland County, MIJuly 4, 2017
Part-time work with no chance for advancement or full-time employment. Supervisors encourage you to be an overpaid security guard than act as a real police officer. Pay is alright. Most of the co-workers are decent people, some are worthless. You are expected to work all summer with week days off. After 1000 hours you are laid off until next year.
Pros
Provide all equipment and uniforms
Cons
Micro management by supervisors, back stabbing culture
Great environment and place to work!
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIMarch 3, 2017
Oakland County is an equal opportunity employer. The benefits of being a county employee from job security, benefits, advancements has its rewards.
Pros
Benefits, retirement
Cons
Work afternoons
Eclectic Attic Estate Sales is a fantastic well ran business and My Favorite job I've had yet.
Sales, Customer Service, Mover (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work i would help set up the sale by cleaning, consolidating and organizing different stuff in all the rooms, get tables moved in the house, put up the signs, and during the sale i would walk from room to room answering any questions the customers had and would also help customers move heavy items to there vehicle.
My boss is a hard worker and work with us, very friends and would teach me a lot about different antiques yet i am still a begenner when it comes to knowledge about antiques because there is so much to learn about them but i sure did learn a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was browsing the antiques.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short brakes
Very organized, team management environment.
Temporary/Part-time Positions (Former Employee) –  Multiple positionsFebruary 16, 2017
Work culture was organized, creative, educational and resourceful. I was energized with new activities and ever growing environment. Not always uniform in workload and must be organized but worked with great people.
Pros
I love my career work.
Cons
Hours, sometimes not enough hours in the day
excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 23, 2016
Supervision great co-workers great nice area to work in. Learning experience would help you with any problems you would have open door policy. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
discount
Cons
co-workers attitude