Oakland Grove Health Care Center Employee Reviews

3.9Job Security & Advancement
Someplace to call home
Employee (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 27, 2017
I have worked here for many years and have seem many changes. The atmosphere is team oriented and friendly. We all face challenges with staffing, but in the end everyone pulls together to make things happen. There are a lot of employee appreciation programs in place including a Taking Care of Our Own fund, Employee of the Month program, the Spotlight's on you program and so many more.... The patients are well taken care of and are the main focus of the staff. I am happy to call this place "home".
Pros
Good benefits and nice people
Cons
Can't think of any at the moment
Fun, friendly facility with long-standing staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 24, 2017
I’ve worked at Oakland Grove for 5 years, but the majority of the staff here has been here since Day 1. The need to staff the floors is constant, but the same goes for all facilities, as licensed staff tend to shop around for the best fit when they enter this industry. The facility is always clean and welcoming. There are lots of great employee benefits.
Pros
There are a lot of Employee Recognition Programs
Cons
Industry Staff Retention
Oakland grove is a good place with any stress.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 24, 2017
I am looking for a hospital job to learn more in healthcare,i hope to have more opportunities tomeet people so different.life is a challenge.It is too give and take.
Pros
Free lunch when your work double shift.
Cons
Lunch break no deductible
Bad environment!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 27, 2017
If you work hard, they take advantage of you! Staff call out all the time, staff disciplinary action is lacking and management is non existant!! The only thing that they have going is the patients who are truly amazing! Some nurses are great too!
Cons
Understaffed
Cna's
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 27, 2016
The CNA's were horrible to there patients. The quality of care was below poor. I would never admit my grandparents here. This was a long time ago that I worked there. I would hope that things have changed but I am doubtful.
Severly Understaffed
Licensed Practical Nurse, Sub Acute Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 15, 2014
Everyday was spent fighting the clock to get your work done on time. They don't allow over time unless it's a "really good" reason so you are constantly worrying about getting your enormous work load done on time and correctly. Staff call out for a shift constantly and you are always short, or always getting calls to come into work. Not the place I want to be part of.
Pros
Free lunch if you work a double shift( $2.00)
Cons
Poorly staffed, not enough staff to care for the amount of resdients on your assignment
I loved being a dietary aid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 28, 2014
Dealt with residents diets and prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for them.
Pros
Dealing with diets
Cons
Productive, clean and friendly environment
Charge Nurse, Sub-Acute (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 12, 2012
Typically, RNs are utilized as Med Techs at this facility. Staff/patients are very friendly. Workload is extremely high for staff. My skills are definitely under-utilized at this facility and feel that this type of environment is not for me.
Pros
staff and patients friendly. facility very clean.
Cons
under staffed for rn ratio to patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakland Grove Health Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Oakland Grove Health Care Center Reviews by Location