OAKLAND HILLS COUNTRY CLUB

OAKLAND HILLS COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

Great place to work! Coworkers are great and management is helpful. You will be on your feet most of your shift. I have learned a great deal about wine and fine dining.
Constantly being yelled at during service even if your doing your job well no one helps if your in the weeds if you're a team player its not fair if the rest of the team isn't the head chef doesn't keep his word string you along then tells you your not worth it.
Pros
Nun
Cons
Horrible work hours
OHCC’s caddie program is a well paying job, but it is extremely disorganized. There is no sign in system or anything similar. Meaning, if you show up to caddie, you have to be extremely lucky to get out. There were multiple times where I have been the 1st caddie to show up on the grounds, arriving at 6:00 am. 7 hours later, I am still sitting in he caddie waiting area, while many other caddies who have arrived much later before I did have gone out and did at least 1 round before I did. It is unfair and frustrating. Good pay, but the organization could be so much better.
This is and excellent company to work for. They normally require experience but, once you get your feet in the door, it is an excellent job to have. Bartenders, servers, and server assistants work as a team to service membership and banquet parties.
Many different opportunities to find your place on the team differing levels of opportunity as well from banquets to ala carte and short order on the culinary team
Working here helped me develop a high paste mentality. It was non stop and there was always something to do and that gave me a better understanding for work life.
Fast paced during busy hours. Good management and good employees. The members were great and friendly. I will be available to work there next year.
Very fast pace. Can be a little bit stressful when big events come around. Very pleasant place to work. They offer employee meals for lunch. You work with great chefs who push you to become better at what you do.
In this job, you more or less choose your own hours. Most work is not scheduled in advance, so caddies may show up to work at any time, with the downside being that you may have to wait for work. Compensation is mostly tip-based, so day to day earnings will vary.
Being able to Performs regular and directed grounds and landscape maintenance by mowing lawns with riding or push mowers trimming and edging around trees, shrubs, ground cover, flowers, sidewalks and buildings weeding. Allowing myself to learn how to do all these things has gained me a lot of knowledge that I didn’t know before.
Early start at 5:30am, 7 days per week. Fatigue is the hardest part of this job. Best part of the job is being outdoors in a serene environment. Attention to safety is important and supervisors are very helpful and supportive. I learned about time management and the benefits of putting 100% effort into my work.
oakland hill country club was a really fun job you got paid a lot to just carry golf bags for 4 hours pay went up as you did more loops i would definitely recommend this to a kid who wants to make a lot of money easy and fast
I thought it was a fun place to work. We constantly tried to push ourselves to do something more. The equipment in the kitchen has to be the best in Michigan. If you want to push yourself this is the place for you.
Pros
free lunch, employees days, massages
Cons
short breaks, long hot hours
I did a lot of the raking of the bunkers with and without the sand raker machine. I did the green cutting double cuts a single. I did the outer landscape clean up also did the sob work on both sides and some of the drainage work.
Pros
Great outdoor work
Cons
Rain
This is a cool place to work, it might take a while to get used to the way things are done but everyone there will do what they can to help you improve and feel comfortable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
I have loved my time working at Oakland Hills CC. The environment and the staff are super friendly. Working with those people is a time I will never forget. I am also still somewhat employed by them when I am not at Michigan State University. I had to leave due to my schooling but for major events I would still come home to work.
As a summer job it was a convenient place to work since management was flexible with our schedules and taught us important skills of responsibility and maintenance of a country club's facilities.
The job was fun, and still managed to be challenging. The workers here are easy to get along with and talk to, and the Caddy managers do their best to help everyone get work.
I was so privileged to be able to work at one of the most exquisite and top country clubs in the world for quit some time. I met wonderful people and this job helped me grow in so many ways. The most enjoyable part was meeting the people that have payed it forward to me and are still in my life. The hardest part was how much time I had to put in. I worked every holiday and close to 70 hrs a week.
Pros
the events I got to experience
Cons
70 hrs a week work weeks
Top notch! If you have the chance to work here, don't hesitate. Great staff, great pay, work as much or as little as you would like. Very flexible and can either be a summer job or a career because of the pay and benefits.
Probably one of the best jobs I have had. Great work environment, great co-workers. Attention to detail with every job but fun work environment. Outside work rain or shine.