Oakland Psychological Clinic Employee Reviews

Horrible staff
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMarch 25, 2019
While the therapists are great to work with, the office staff is horrible. The manager barks at patients and is completely rude! Most of the staff is mean, rude, and treat the patients (and other staff) horribly and act as if they dont care about anyone but themselves..
Cons
workload is high, pay is low
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 29, 2017
This is an awesome Clinic. Great staff, and great culture and climate. They are helpful with assisting therapists with new clients, paperwork, and helping with scheduling appointments.
Asked to cover up
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 6, 2017
No loyalty for employees. They are abused and mistreated. Asked to cover up illegal doings by therapists. Bad Management!!!!
good experience
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MISeptember 9, 2016
very fast paced job, interesting people to work with. Poor management on many levels. Enjoyable job, great people to work with for the most part.
Pros
location was close to home
Cons
no room for advancement
Best place ever!
Receptionist/Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MISeptember 8, 2015
I love working for OPC. They have great benefits and the clinic that I work for have such great teamwork. I love it! I'm all about teamwork! I also love the fact that my manager helps us in the front when she knows we are slammed. She's an awesome person!
Pros
Great environment
Low salary
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIOctober 18, 2014
Fun to work with therapist Low pay.Benefits not great. There are a lot of people that need counseling.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay and benefits
little regard for their employees
Medical Records Auditor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 23, 2014
The office has great Therapist and provided a wonderfully face-paced environment. A typical day included; auditing medical charts for compliance, checking patients in, explaining insurance benefits, scheduling patients, phone intakes gathering patient demographics, data entry, verifying information in the Genesee Health System program CHIP for compliance, filing closed records, creating valid release of information, faxing coordination of care letters, issuing and reviewing deficiencies for charts, explaining process to therapist, and Obtaining Dr. signatures when necessary. Co-workers were often unskilled and the office manager very unprofessional and unethical. Corporate showed no concern for office staff when issues arose between office manager and staff. Therapist suffered from lack of knowledgeable staff as well as the skilled office staff who were significantly over worked to compensate for lack of skill among other staff. Company does not offer advancement opportunities because there is such a high turnover rate among office staff. Best part of the job was being able to assist patients and provide a positive experience for individuals seeking therapy
Pros
Opportunity to gain knowledge of various medical office duties
Cons
over priced medical package, low wages, and schedule changes to frequently
OK, place to get a job, if you're still looking for something else...
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJanuary 7, 2014
Promises made are not kept. The therapists and employees are really nice people. I atmosphere isn't always good to work in. Some of the people don't step in all the time to help out.
Pros
Really nice people to work around and work with. Good hours.
Cons
Very low pay. No good benefits. Need updated computer software (EMR)
Fast paced office and it never felt like work.
Secretary 1 (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 6, 2013
I like the fast pace of the office. From pulling charts for the next day, answering the phones, scheduling patient appointments, to checking patients in/out. It keeps you on your toes and makes the day go by faster. I really enjoyed this job because it never felt like work and I enjoyed coming in every day.
Terrible managment.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 11, 2013
Over worked and underpaid! But busy and lots to do. The therapists are wonderful. and they provide health ins. I would recommend this place for the therapy only not employment.
Pros
has health ins
Cons
the managers are terrible, expectations unreachable for anyone including the manager