Oakland University Employee Reviews

Productive and caring workplace.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIFebruary 27, 2019
Oakland University makes a point to balance the work life of their employees with their personal needs. Management is very specific to the ones hiring which is good in most cases.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 10, 2019
Great place to learn advance academically. Definitely love the people coworkers teachers and students.benefits are great givws u a chance to start a career and build yourself into a more attractive employee
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Education oppurtunitys
Fun and Relaxed Work Place
EMBA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 7, 2019
Only work 2 days every other week because that's when the executive business students meet. Fun and relaxed environment. Free meals and snacks are provided for the employees which is great considering we are there for about 7-8 hours.
Oakland University has many great opportunities
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 4, 2019
Oakland University was a great place to work. I had temporary jobs, but I enjoyed them thoroughly. Especially having a paid undergraduate research position.
Temporary Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Great place to work!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe campus, nice faculty members and useful courses provided!!!!!Great place to work!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great place to work as a TA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 27, 2019
As a full time TA, you get full scholarship plus a stipend, which is excellent for international student like me to pay the bills but also focus on studies. The work environment is challenging at times but is mostly easy-going. I usually spend working hours helping students and grading papers. Apart from that, I have had to do presentations and also review assignment problems in a class of 30 - 50 students.
Overall, I had a great experience without any complaints at ISE department of Oakland University. I highly recommend anybody who can join, to join.
Pros
Flexible hours, Supportive staff
Good!
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 3, 2019
Good place to work! I was treated well and always had my problems resolved. Payment was prompt and fair, and never did I feel any aspect of working here was unfair.
Great side job
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIDecember 5, 2018
Working for Disability Support Services at OU allows for a lot of student flexibility. The jobs are simple and easy to learn. They allow for opportunities to try small parts of new roles. Willing to work with integrity is honored with respect and responsibility. They are super flexible with student schedules.
Productive work environment
KRESGE LIBRARY SERVICE DESK STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 20, 2018
The workplace at Kresge Library was a very comfortable place to work and the management was very friendly and helpful in every scenario. The staff was very welcoming and also hard working, daily tasks were always completed efficiently.
Excellent place to learn, participate, and be part of research endeavors
Primary Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 2, 2018
This was one of my favorite positions I've held! If you are pursuing an advanced degree and not working elsewhere, I would highly recommend you consider pursuing this option!
Horrible management
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIOctober 9, 2018
The school of nursing has horrible management. They will talk behind your back and sabotage your work. It’s strictly a popularity club that isn’t based on professional capabilities. It is not a good professional learning environment or professional working environment. Steer clear and work somewhere more positive.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fantastic job to have as a college student
Classroom Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 4, 2018
They base hours you work on your school schedule allowing you to easily accommodate for what they require. The only real downside is that they require you to have 6 credit hours to work there part time.
Pros
You can do your homework
Cons
You need to take at least 2 classes to reach the 6 credit hour limit
Awesome job
Undergraduate Admission Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 4, 2018
I loved working there. The team was my second family.Everyone was nice and we worked together and helped each other every time I had some problems completing the task.
Very fun and warm welcoming
Senior Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 6, 2018
I'm an ambassador, and I give campus tours to perspective freshman and transfer students. The environment is very warm welcoming and very flexible with school. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help influence a guests decision in picking a college. Also, being able to share your experiences with the guests and how you got to where you are currently.
Pros
Flexible hours, group bonding, activities during midterms and finals, compassionate, family away from home
Cons
n/a
Dream job
Business Manager/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 27, 2018
Oakland not only is where I spent 4 years during my undergraduate days, it's where I built a career and family. Oakland is more than just a place of work but a community of friendly professionals who genuinely care about the success of the students.
Benefits
Cons
Instructor of Financial Literacy/Guidance (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 14, 2018
Oakland University/Project Upward Bound is by far one of the best places that I have worked! The program is a model of consistency and dedicated to providing quality academic advancement to the academic scholars throughout Oakland county!
Pros
Staff and Students
Cons
A place to work and learn.
MI (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 14, 2018
A culture of learning. A gem in the area. Beautiful landscape with rolling hills. The benefits are excellent for continued education. Many resource groups.
Pros
The People
Student work study position
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJuly 27, 2018
Great environment for student workers since it's also your college. The staff was understand, helpful, and friendly. Definitely fostered a collaborative culture and don't treat you as lesser because you're just a student. Loved my time there but wish they paid better!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No benefits and low pay
Professional Environment.
Corporate and Foundation Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIJuly 22, 2018
Well managed. Friendly co-workers. Great 'team' atmosphere. Comfortable setting. Pays well with great benefits. Poised for new growth and expanded opportunities for career advancement..
Excellent place to be
Building Manger (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJuly 13, 2018
This is an excellent school to attend. I also had the privilege of being able to work on this campus. It has expanded and reached new levels since I had been going to school there.
Pros
Excellent school