Oaklawn Employee Reviews

Not long term
Care Facilitator with Adult Case Management (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 8, 2018
Management is horrible for Adult Case management. Low pay, extremely high turnover, very cliquey and training is inadequate. The positives are making a change your clients lives and flex time. Just think of it as a stepping stone and not long term.
Pros
flex time, clients
Cons
low pay, management, training
It's a place
F&B (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 9, 2018
Weekly pay, benefits for full-time, friendly faces, meet a lot of people, enjoy the ups and downs, stressful yet can be rewarding. Benefits and weekly pay are the best parts.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Many
Fun culture, terrible pay and hours
Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 21, 2018
"Flexible hours" in the sense that if you can set your hours, but keep in mind that you also have to meet clients when THEY are available - which is most frequently only in the evenings. I consistently worked until 7 pm or later - as late as 9 pm at least one night per week in order to be able to meet with my clients. If you ever want a raise, you will have to work at least 60 hours per week to meet the eligibility criteria to get it. Pay is poor especially given that so many of the positions require a degree. Management was sub-par and had no idea how to effectively manage a team, let alone provide guidance on helping patients achieve their goals.
Pros
PTO accrual was decent, easy to make personal appointments during the day when necessary
Cons
poor management, terrible pay
behavioral caregiver, providing daily structure and safe activities
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 8, 2018
Overall good location to work. Hours became heavy towards the end, given the number of positions to fill and call-offs. Variety of units to work with; substance abuse, age ranges, sexually maladaptive. Easy-to-use documentation method. Learned document-labeling and scanning. Double-checking and submitting paperwork for individuals. Holidays were divided as every-other one (i.e. working every other holiday, with time-and-a-half pay and having each other one off).
Pros
Pto, health insurance, routine schedule
Cons
safety issues, call off/missing staff
Its okay
Hybrid I, Care Facilitator, Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, IN 46517December 11, 2017
Its okay to use as a stepping stone. I feel that certain ethnicity groups are more favored around here but that is how it is in America. If you do not reflect what is deemed as the socially normal then you are outcasted.
Pros
its okay
Cons
its okay
Nice people to work with
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Oaklawn, and only left because I was going on to finish my education, and it was too far of a distance for me to travel.
A great place to worl
Banker/Cash (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 22, 2017
Great environment and amazing people to work with. It is a growing and well established gaming casino in the area of Hot Springs, AR. The employees are very welcoming to new hires and patrons.
Wonderful Enviroment
Cook/ Food and Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 8, 2017
It was a wonderful place to work. Many opportunities for job advancements. Staff was very kind and caring. Many smiling faces when you walk in the halls
Productive but draining
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work is a resident going into a crisis, Management was understanding, workplace culture was diverse, hardest part of the job was to calm a resident down.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Worst place I've ever worked at
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 5, 2017
I basically was under paid and overworked. I wouldn't recommend working for them. If your hurt while working don't report it or you will be automatically fired.
Great place to work!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 9, 2017
Great place to work. Good benefits. Company promotes good teamwork and community in company. Management is fair practice good integrity. Good pay and fun.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Staff calls in on a regular basis
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2017
Changes can be made in staffing and management. My coworkers that show up are wonderful. My work environment is productive when staffing is available.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Hours
Qddp
QDDP (Current Employee) –  1411 Lincolnway EastAugust 18, 2016
Working one on with kids with disabilities. Training on behavior plans with staff. Great co -workers . I have attended several training's on smy, dialectical behavior therapy, boundaries, and first aid.

The hardest part of the job is training and staff on plans.
Fun place to work.
Child & Adolescent Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 11, 2015
Fun place to work, especially with a good team. The company is about productivity (numbers) but they also care about quality of care. Some of the management is great and will help with any issue an individual may have. My favorite part of working there was working with clients. Helping them meeting their goals and becoming what they desire to accomplish.
Pros
Working as a team and managing own schedule. Working with clients.
Cons
Sometimes was difficult to meet with clients and their parents for appointments due to cancelations.
I have nothing good to say about my experience at this school.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 14, 2015
My mother always said, "If you have nothing good to say, then do not say anything at all."
The job is difficult to manage because of the time and stress involved.
Good To Start
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 12, 2015
Oaklawn is a good place to work but management was lacking. The company did not provide regular job performance reviews as anticipated and did not allow for employee to work on issues that management perceived as needing improved upon.
great place
Admnistrative Assistance (Current Employee) –  GoshenOctober 15, 2014
It is a rewarding place to work, we help therapist set up appointments for clients.
Pros
Flexiblity
positive experience
Care Facilitator II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 4, 2014
I worked with a group of individuals who were interested in becoming better equipped to meet the struggles of mental illness on a daily base. The opportunity to express my views were accepted by my supervisor and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get all the information presented in the time allotted. The most enjoyable part of the job was working side by side with my co-workers, we respected each others view points and enhanced each others perspectives (family like).
Pros
built many lasting relationships
Cons
program discontinued
Alright place to work
Nursing Assistant Registered (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 5, 2014
The management isn't the best and they don't take what employees say very seriously, as far as concerns or staff issues (such as drama) that goes on on the floor. The residents are great and so are the nurses, but that doesnt make the work environment very healthy regardless. I rated how I did because it's a very average place.
A great company towards health nd wholeness
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 14, 2014
A great company to work for, and really values the patients well being.
Pros
Great Work enviornment
Cons
pay and expensive benefits