Oakley Transport Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLMarch 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Management very supportive when I was there especially when I had a family emergency. I enjoyed that they make sure you find a load close to home so you can be home when time comes for your home time. Overall great experience.
Pros
Supportive
Manage all of Oakley Transports shops
Manager of Shop Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLFebruary 27, 2018
In the morning conduct meetings with all of the shop managers, manage equipment PM's and tanker repairs. How better to deal with outside vendors. Cut cost through the reduction of overtime labor hours, and stainless steel tanker parts. The hardest part of the position was have to terminate several employees. Feeling good every week that was a success.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Long commute, benefits
Nice Place To Work
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJanuary 21, 2018
I am working in Conley, Ga Terminal. We have nice and kind manager. I love to work here.

Several Terminal.

I am in South East Regional

Safety clean nice pay job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No holiday pay, not too much benefits.
ok Job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2017
its a ok job to pick up food grade tanker experience. They do try to work with you on the regional side or at least my dispatcher does. I heard from other drivers that the local side is cool as well.
Pros
miles to be ran
Cons
running at different times of the day, hard to get good sleep
wonderful employment opportunity
Accounting Assistant / Receptionist - Lakewales Fl (Former Employee) –  101 abc rd lakewales flNovember 22, 2017
working at Oakley was the best employer ive ever had the pleasure of working for. They really care for their employees and do everything to help. they treat everyone like family and are understanding about lives of others.
Stressfull at times, however team members make it enjoyable
National Account/Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLOctober 29, 2017
Fast paced environment with a solid group of individuals that work well together. Constantly needing to adapt to different challenges on a daily basis make each day unique.
Pros
continual improvement of processes
Cons
none to speak of.
N/a
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 25, 2017
Good company haves plenty of miles excellent place to work. Very good equipment just a little small it would be nice if they thought about drivers more when they buy equipment and provide us with refrigerators to make being away from home a little easier.
Fast Paced Cut Throat
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLSeptember 20, 2017
The management at Oakley is despicable. There is NO communication, they expect you to perform your job and have no direction from them, when you submit your work, the management says "No, I want it this way" Management does not support or encourage the staff in any way. I was employed there for more than 7 years - it used to be a place of employment where people would enjoy going to work and be happy, now everyone is scared for their job, afraid they will be the next person walked to HR to hand in their key fob and asked to leave. Terror is not the way to run a multi-million dollar business.
Pros
401k and vacation accrual
Cons
Very competitive, fast paced, transportation company.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Any trucking company is going to be very stressful. This is a good company on the up and up, Family owned and oriented. This is a standard job. No bells and whistles, but not too bad compared to most.
Fast paced and lots of work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLAugust 14, 2017
Oakley is a good place to work at if you are looking for a steady amount of work it's a fast growing company and continues to grow daily definitely a job worth looking at
Not Recommended
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
This company does not care very much about the circumstances of its employee's family. If you want to be able to make it to your special family events and feel appreciated you should stay away from here. Your on the road all the time and they constantly make you late for your requested vacation days. Sometimes by 3 or four days after you needed to be home.
Was not happy with the job circumstances.
CDL-A TANKER DRIVER LIQUIDS (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLMarch 24, 2017
While at this job as long as you are at one of the seasonal jobs like the nestles water or the juice loads at the ports the job does not pay what they tell you when you start.
Excellent,Outstanding Experience
Night Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLNovember 7, 2016
Food Grade Tanker, Kosher and ISO Certified Transport Company. Excellent opportunity to earn the transport of manufacturing materials to consignees who manufacture the foods and beverages we consume.
Company has a "Mentoring Culture", everyone is so willing to stop what their doing, assist when asked a question to mentor a new hire in their acclamation process.
Extremely Pro-Driver, retention, goal orientated!
Pros
Mentoring Culture, Pro Driver retention, goal orientaed.
Cons
Non really for the Leadership side of the business
A family company
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLSeptember 23, 2016
If your local Oakley is a great company to work for. But living across the other side of the country, trying to get home is a bit of a pain. They require you out for a min of 4 weeks. Doing this does not help if you are married.
Not organized
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLSeptember 18, 2016
Shop not up to date with tools and software. No order in management and not organized. Work is giving out excessively can't get one job done and have two more on top of that job, not enough mechanics in the shop to handle the work load.
Cons
No management order
Decent North American Scenery & various customer interactions.
CDL Driver Class A Tanker (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLAugust 30, 2016
Interesting moments in seeing food grade processes & procedures. How meticulous attention to detail the transport vehicles are prepped for hauling various food commodities in liquid bulk tankers.
Absolutely no home time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake whalesAugust 18, 2016
At first, they throw money at you for orientation, good company feel. Trainers were excessive smokers and all talked bad about each other. Once on your own they expect you to be out for 2 months at a time and when you get home, Dispatch blows your phone up after the second day. It's absolutely ridiculous. Once your back on the road your just sitting at truck stops not making money. What a waist of time. I would never work at a place like that again. The recruiters bait you in with a smile, all lies.
Pros
Good equipment, great insurance package plans
Cons
No home time, no miles, poor management, dispatch could care less.
Terrible communication
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  IdahoJuly 9, 2016
Job posted for work in home state but no work there. Sat in truck for days waiting for loads could never locate loads to haul. Training sucked. Trained on things that were not needed and didn't train on things needed in the field. Try to call dispatchers and managers. Never get a return phone call. If you need help after 5:00 good luck! They will leave you stranded until the next day and they might text you but no phone call. Promise you lots of miles but have to spend so much time at truck wash outs that you lose miles. Also they only pay practical miles so you lose a lot of miles like 150 a day that you don't get paid for! Was told to take very little with me because they would send me home right away with truck. Weeks later got me home. Company wants you to pay for everything, tole roads, fittings, hard hat, everything that can possibly be bought cheaper else where. Not a good experience. Read and pay attention to the reviews. There is a reason they bring in 10-15 people every Monday for orientation!
Pros
Clean trucks
Cons
No communication
Sit in the truck every weekend
Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 3, 2016
I would not advise anybody to join TAKE MY WORD. Driver Managers are terrible. They don't care about drivers at all. You will be out for 6 to 8 weeks before you can get to see home time. You will sit in the truck every weekend.
NB: Drivers pays for everyou little this including gloves, fittings, rubber hammer, seals cutting tool e.t.c it comes out of your pocket.
Pros
Free Nothing
Cons
Healthcare terrible
Waste of time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJune 26, 2016
I have been here a couple of months and I have only had one decent paycheck so far. The equipment is good and the people are really nice, but there's no way I'm going to get near the kind of money the recruiter told me I would make. The company doesn't seem to care either. They have a new group of recruits every Monday so the freight will get moved and that's all they care about.
Pros
Good equipment, easy work
Cons
Low pay, weeks at a time in the truck. Sitting in a truckstop or terminal every weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakley Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9