Oakley Trucking, Inc. Employee Reviews

You can do better!
Lease operator (Former Employee) –  North Little RockMarch 12, 2018
A couple of friends talked me into it, but left before I did.
They are the most dishonest group of people I have met in the trucking industry and I have 21 years experience.
They own the trailers and ignore everything a driver writes up about it. Refuse to fix things, then charge you for contamination of loads.
They will find a way to keep your escrow and know you can’t really do anything about it.
The driver referral bonus is a joke.
I got a guy hired on and when it was time to get my bonus they claimed he died.
I’ve talked to him twice since death and he looked extremely good for being a dead man AND he didn’t have any problems driving the same truck he was in the day I originally met him.
Do yourself a HUGE favor and lease elsewhere.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Dishonesty and Back stabbing.
Big mistake
O/O Driver (Former Employee) –  Suppose to be West TexasFebruary 22, 2018
I've never did a review on a company that I worked for.
Good or bad but this was the worst trucking job I ever worked with. They lie just to get you in orientation which is in North Little Rock, AR then some of the truth start coming out, I should've left after learning that they was force dispatch over the road and hauling frac sand. It didn't matter what location I signed up for Oakley will put you wherever they say "CalFrac" need you. Let it be known CalFrac is there only fracing customer they have. CalFrac has control over on how many loads a driver gets in a day which could be anywhere from 1 to 3 a day or none. So there no need to try to hustle and get more. Some of Oakley dispatcher will talk to you any kind of way and don't make the mistake I did trying to complain about it to someone else in the office, they have each other back and make you look like the bad guy. Ok now it's time to quit which my stupid butt always give a notice before leaving big mistake, they cut off your fuel card knowing that you have to get their trailer back to North Little Rock, AR. Threatening to call the police if you don't bring your truck back doing business hours, so their shop can remove the equipment from the truck. They will not give you time to refinance the equipment, got to have cash or check. Reviews or here for a reason and wish I would've read them all.
Pros
Cons
Don't care about there drivers
Family owned and stable company. Steady year round work.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2017
Oakley Trucking is a great company. There are always challenges and tasked that need to be done. There is a large support staff of highly trained personnel, many of them with over 20+ years of experience. Oakley has a true open door policy and are willing to help with any issues.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great pay, lots of hard working people
Terrible experience
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2017
They weren't honest. Nickeled and dimed owner operator. Cheap loads promised me good pay hauling sand which I only hauled 3 loads and then back to hauling roof granules and corn. Couldn't make money
Cons
Great job with great people that's like family
Deckhand (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2017
I have nothing to complain about great job to work everyday of the week. The year that I have been with the river boat I have learned great people skills ,manners,and how to keep a clean environment. Every job has it's ups and downs,but the work family helps those downs. The hardest part of the job is only getting 6 hours of sleep.the most enjoyable part of my job is working,being there,and the great food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great benefits
I picked up skills here that i didnt have before.
Scale House Operator (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 27, 2017
It's was cool working at Oakley Trucking. I learned a variety of skills that I had no clue about before hand. Most of my co-workers were cool guys. It was kind of a dangerous job though.
Suitable
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 12, 2017
I been hired through a staffing agency and I worked there for 2 years and still hadn't been hired in. I was a hard worker and want recognized for my work
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Good job
Grader/sampler (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, ARSeptember 17, 2016
They make good money out there. Wish I was still working there. 7 days a week 12 hour shifts and yes overtime to throw that in there.
A Negative Place
Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  P A Canyon, NMJuly 19, 2016
A very bad place to work they have Toooo much Favoritism. Everyone should be Workin as a Team but this isn't so. Really says a Lot for Management and the Dispatchers. If any company is to acknowledge where their strength comes from it won't be this one.
Pros
Cons
Stay away, waist of time.
Very supportive and deliver for you when you need it . something done.
o/o (Current Employee) –  N. Little RockApril 25, 2015
Dry bulk is totally different than anything I've done before. Picking loads up at farms, river ports, and many other places. Products I hauled such as,"corn,soybeans,chicken by-product ,roofing granules".The people you meet are much more down to earth then at the store warehouses. Its very relaxing going to the farms and co-ops. I haul a hopper and you will get dirty sweeping it out but nothing like a little dirt. My dispatcher is results oriented and wants you to get all the miles you can legally run because he has a vested interest in what you do. So its a team effort. I believe once you prove yourself to him and show hin that you'll deliver or at least communicate any problems and mist importantly, be honest, you'll earn his respect . Everything I've asked for,if it was (home time, a special event,needing paperwork to go through,) and many others. If I communicated it they did their best to get it done. Yes , they are a safety oriented company and will not make you run illegal. They like you clean shaven and your truck well maintained. I run hard but legal . I easily run 3000 miles average a week when working all week.I have had 3600,3800 before , even with e-logs. I've met a lot of experienced Oakley drivers while here and meeting them has been helpful.. Once dispatchers get to know you and see you can communicate and have a can do attitude. Why even when you start they are glad to have you. Now I saw a review above about trainers and bed bug motels. First Oakley is an o/o company and the motel I stayed at during orientation was clean and spacious. Didn't have to share  more... a room either. If For any reason I had to leave it would have to be a very good reason and I surely would miss that southern hospitality ,plus the people I've gotten to know. As an o/o they see you as a professional but they are always there to answer any questions. Great company ,decent money. Nice atmosphere. They have delivered for me and genuiely seem interested in my life also . They surprise me all the time They know were having a baby and now that its down to the last few weeks. Witout me even asking, were getting you by the house because they understand the importance of family. Thanks Oakley  less
Pros
Fuel discounts, honest, yearly 5 cent mile loaded bonus on anniversary date .Safety conscious, pay on time, country charm, outdoors, good people, busy, decent pay
Cons
loads are always heavy.
dont do it
driver (Former Employee) –  floridaFebruary 26, 2015
These guys are going to hang you out to dry,first they will set you up at there bed bug hotel,then there will be 12 hours a day in training which is a joke then send you out with a clown trainer,again 12 hours a day,3 weaks in you wont have a day off.they pay you short miles and charge you out on your transportation there.dont do it,scam,scam
Pros
Cons
florida egg suck scamers
Official response from Oakley Trucking, Inc.
September 27, 2017

Oakley Trucking doesn't have drivers. We lease independent contractors. We are not out of Florida, you are referring to a different Oakley that is in Lake Wales, FL. This is Oakley Trucking "America's Dry Bulk Hauler" out of Arkansas. Thank You

WOW, old boys club has nothing on these guys...
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 21, 2014
7am to whenever your boss says you can leave.

I learned that racism, sexism and old boys club thrives here. If they feel your facial hair looks bad, you shave it, at lunch. No tats, no earrings, no facial hair, unless you were management. No shirts, or hats or opinions on sports teams unless it was University of Arkansas. If you supported ANYONE else you were harassed mercilessly.

Management, Arrogant & Hilarious... Absolutely hilarious.

I actually had some great co-workers that would just keep their heads down and put up with the culture. WHILE looking for other work.

Hardest part of the job was putting up with all the laws they broke.. It was disgusting and sad.

Most enjoyable was my last day..

Ask about the Mandatory "MAN" meeting required by ALL male employees... Prepare to cringe.
Pros
You will learn how NOT to treat people.
Cons
You will see how to NOT treat people in person, daily.
Steady work and average or below average pay
Owner Operator Sand Division. (Former Employee) –  N. Little Rock ARApril 23, 2014
Sand division has it's share of problems. Only recently did they give a pay increase to O/O working in PA but only after they had many trucks quit and couldn't keep up with sand deliveries to the well. Dispatch and management doesn't listen to drivers concerns and are only concerned with one thing and that's getting sand to the well. Favoritism to drivers that live in the AR area was a problem also. You'll freeze your tail off working in PA area all winter just to have them send the AR boys up come summer and put them on the money making wells. Dispatch likes to use threats and coercion to get you to do what they want. Don't ever give notice your leaving they will fire you on the spot and shut off the fuel card. Your only treated decent when they desperately need trucks. Otherwise your treated poorly. You can make decent money at times but can do as well or better somewhere else if your willing to stay in PA,WV, and OH a few months at a time. Sand division runs electronic logs and yes you will pay for your tag the first year also.
Pros
Good maintenance on their trailers.
Cons
Management is horrible.
Oakley is a family owned bussiness and laid back
Payroll & Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARDecember 2, 2013
I enjoyed working for Oakley and learning different aspects of accounting. It was a family atmosphere and good benefits.
Pros
I enoyed my job
Cons
It was an hour from my home
Good company to work for with good people
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2013
long hours running heavy equipment unloading trucks and barges.
Learned how to operate all types and heavy equipment
Management was very hands on and there to answer questions and help with problems.
Good hard working people.
Long hours, Outside temperatures .
Enjoying getting to meet new people and pride from a job well done.
Pros
Being outside and a variety of work situsations
Cons
Rain, cold and Hot temperatures
Intense fast paced enviroment
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARSeptember 11, 2012
Very long hours with very good pay structure. Fleet managers are on call 24/7 365 days a year. The job taught many things on how to run a business with in a business.