Oakmont Country Club Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Caddie (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAOctober 30, 2018
I went to Oakmont to work at a top ten golf course in America. Was worth the experience, but will probably not go back to work there. The best part of the job was that I knew what time I was working the night before. Didn't have to wait, but there were a ton of caddies looking for work at this club. Great experience, but personally I didn't want to live in Pittsburgh anymore. Wanted to be near New York City.
Productive and fun learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXJune 29, 2018
A typical day started with checking inventory and prepping all items that were low. Checking inventory is a constant action, something that should be done all day as soon as orders are finished. While prepping line cooks were responsible for cooking all menu items ordered by the members, as well as keeping a sanitary workstation. The most enjoyable part about the job being able to clean top down the whole kitchen and go home.
Pros
Cooking Knowledge, Coworkers, Food
Cons
short breaks
Intense but rewarding experience
Turf management (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAApril 21, 2018
Oakmont is and intense fast paced work environment but rewarding in experience and job satisfaction. Great opportunity to be a part of championship golf with highly qualified people
Not a bad place to work for a part time job
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAApril 10, 2018
Some days you go in and it's the easiest and most relaxed day of work you've ever had. On other days you can have a wedding of 300 people, 100 reservations, and another 100 person party to take care of, and it's not fun. The management does not care if they overwork you.
Pros
Staff meal provided daily
Cons
Overworked, not viewed as part of the team or having any value
Fun work environment
Caddy (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2017
Enjoyable work place with a knowledgeable staff and friendly members. Great place to network and meet people of various backgrounds. An easy way to learn about golf and all of its benefits on and off the course.
Pros
Free golf on mondays
Cons
No benefits
Country club
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 28, 2017
Great people, great members management is poor. Sometimes stressful due to management unable to schedule employees appropriately. Other than that I loved it there
Pros
Lunch provided
Fun and productive
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Oakmont Country Club. The club was organized, well run, and everyone was friendly. The job was low stress and the kitchen was well run.
great coworkers, poor management
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PASeptember 4, 2017
fast paced, cut-throat work environment. Unless you are willing to tell management exactly what they want to hear, there is zero room for advancement.
Fun but stressful place to work
Outdoor manager (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXAugust 9, 2017
Job is in a fun environment, but members there are not nice people and tend to make your job a lot more complicated. They are very entitled and tend to try to tell you how they want you to work
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No breaks and not nice people
great management
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAAugust 3, 2017
Hard work, but rewarding. The staff are very easy to work with aside from one or two. Start time in the summer is 5:30 am. Sat and Sun are short days and Sun is usually optional.
Great Place to Work
Golf Caddie (Current Employee) –  Oakmont, PAApril 7, 2017
OCC has provided me with numerous opportunities. Caddying has allowed me to connect with a diverse group of people, allowing me to build a unique network that may be valuable one day.
The difference between playing golf and golfing
Caddie (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAJanuary 22, 2017
My experience as a caddie started at Oakmont Country Club shortly after getting out of the Military where I quickly learned the difference between playing golf and golfing. I have to say my biggest thrill was carrying Jason Day’s bag at Oakmont when he was just starting his career at the ripe age of 18 years old. I’ll never forget the moment; the caddie master called me to the desk and said, “We got you a real hot shot for you today, a kid from Australia.” At first I thought to myself, great another know it all rich kid. He was fearless and asked about the putting greens before we even got to the first tee box. Shortly after his first tee shot as we walked down the first fairway I asked him” So what’s the deal you don’t like to surf or can’t swim or something?” He quickly replied,” Nah, I just like to golf.” By the end of the round I thought to myself I think I just might have caddied for the next number one golfer in the world and said,” sign him up!”
Pros
It's a National Land Mark.
Cons
good
Caddie (Current Employee) –  Oakmont, PADecember 27, 2016
overall work culture is nice, members are nice for the most part, management is nice. no real room for advancement but tips are nice and location is awesome.
Great Work Environment
Private Event Director (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXDecember 9, 2016
Learning Potential
Two Clubs is Twice as Much fun =)
Ability to negotiate without concerns
No micro management
coworkers / friends for life
connections
referrals
Leadership
Fantastic Mentorship
Cons
management has changed
Its a very fun and exiting place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 27, 2016
Oakmont is like an extended family, everyone there is caring hard working and easy to get along with. Its a place i look forward to going to and enjoy the company of coworkers and friends
Pros
Caring atmosphere, and amazing work ethic of everyone
Cons
not a lot of opportunity to take time off
Very professional
Caddie (Current Employee) –  Oakmont, PAMay 28, 2016
Great place to caddie. Premium pay per bag but generally only carry a single with four caddies in each group. The caddie master is very friendly and very helpful.
Labor intensive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXApril 24, 2016
Very long hours not getting any breaks and employees make you feel just like a dishwasher. The co-workers are somewhat lazy and the chefs take too many smoke breaks. The hardest part is not getting any time off working 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Little to no breaks
Beautiful Golf Course
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Nice place to work, but it was only temporary since I was due to have my baby. The people here were all members of the country club and it was a very easy going job.
Pros
Friendly People, beautiful place
Cons
Temporary
Good Summer Job
Caddy and Pro Shop Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakmont, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Very fun to meet new people and learn about what they do while being on the golf course! Many personalities to deal with, but it helps you with your career.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
not a fair place to work
Server / Wait staff (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXJanuary 5, 2016
be warned there is no real room for advancement. the management is terrible. tip share is a joke and gives it's employees a very small percentage of actual wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakmont Country Club. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2