Oakmont Senior Living Employee Reviews

Over worked caregivers !
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Previously employed at Oakmont of San Jose and I must say my experience was not so great ! A lot of favoritism and always short staffed it’s so sad for the residents / caregivers. As being a former caregiver I feel like we / they are unoticed especially because they do all the extremely challenging work at times (not enough credit given to the caregivers)
Example- Marketing Director gives tours and never recognized or even attempt to introduce any caregivers to a potential move in after all caregivers will be the ones hands on with the future residents but who cares right ?
Caregivers are the glue!! Hopefully this review will recognize the caregivers that are left because about a handful quit within a month that also says a lot.
Pros
Residents and Memory Care Director were amazing !
Cons
The Ed at Oakmont !
February 8, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. We would like to learn more about your experience at Oakmont. Please call our home office Human Resources Department at 707-535-3200 so that we can address your concerns. Thank you.

fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 17, 2019
every day that i'm scheduled to go in work facing knew challenges every day is a different i like a challenge i learned a lot from management in kitchen, free lunch that's cool eat all the time easy job I ever Had love the staff very friendly. i enjoy feeding the seniors and staff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
It starts at corporate level
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Everyone at Oakmont was asked to write a review. They said that they want to boost their STARS, or whatever, so they looked better online. Managers asked all of us to do this. People started posting , and you can see that they post just because they have been asked and that it is all coming from Management themselves. That is false advertising. Reviews should be correct and true.
My review, people in corporate are all about looks. They don't care about the people that do the hard work. They gave pathetic Christmas bonuses and everone got something diferent based on if they are liked. The people that worked the hardest all year shold have been rewareded more, that is what a bonus is all about.

I used to like working for this company, and have many friends at many other locatins and we are so tired of being taken advantage of and abused.
Pros
lots of fun activities
Cons
everything
January 17, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Oakmont. We do encourage employees to review the company online so that we can provide more information to prospective team members.

We are sorry to hear that you have been disappointed by certain aspects of your current position. Please give us a call at our home office Human Resources Department (707-535-3200) so that we can address your concerns. Our goal is to support and reward our employees so that they have a positive experience and we’d like to learn more about how we can achieve this for you.

Oakmont Management

My Experience
Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 30, 2018
My experience with Oakmont was the best. This company has taught me a lot about who I am both professionally and personally. I have really grown with the company but also the community, Montecito.
Pros
Residents and Close knit relationships with staff
Oakmont
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 30, 2018
Oakmont Senior Living has been a great company to work for. There is a lot of room for advancement throughout the company. I would recommend working at any one of their properties.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
some breakdowns in communication
Great people and quality organization. Amazing benefits!
Assistant Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 28, 2018
Beautiful communities set in gorgeous locations. Each Oakmont community exudes quality. The company is run very well and values employees. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement and growth. Also fun to work in a caring environment where you feel like you are making a difference.
Pros
really cheap and really good meals for employees
Cons
Great Company and love this industry
Management (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 28, 2018
Support Support Support!!! Oakmont provides so much support to their family of Team Members. They are also working to improve wages at every level. They understand the value of having the best people providing the highest level of service to their residents.

Oakmont has always been the place people want to work because they are supported and valued. Please do not lose that as you grow.
Pros
Support Support Support!!!
Cons
Pay currently but I know it is being addressed.
Best Senior Care Company in the Field!
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 24, 2018
The leadership at Oakmont Senior Living provides support, guidance, direction and perhaps the best thing about them is that they are open to new ideas.
Pros
Inclusiveness
Cons
N/a
Beautiful and Caring Community with Resident Centered Lifestyle
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio Heights, CADecember 20, 2018
Life here is very busy; never boring. The longer I work with seniors the more I appreciate them. They have so much to offer; sharing their life experiences, interests, knowledge, humor and valuable advice.

We start each day with various forms of exercise: walking, circuit training, Tai Chi, line dancing, stretch & flex, etc. This enables residents to regain strength, build muscle and stronger bones. We incorporate a sense of fun and adventure in everything we do, from learning new skills, enjoying painting & culinary classes, gardening, writing, singing, touring museums and other places of interest.

Management allows us to grow and explore new life experiences and helps each of us in our careers here.

The most challenging part of the job is coordinating your time efficiently in order to accomplish goals; bringing the residents on board & creating a sense of excitement & anticipation.
Pros
Friendly staff & residents
Cons
I can't think of any offhand.
Top Company to Work For!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 20, 2018
Oakmont is an amazing company to work for! Having been in the industry as an Executive Director for a long time, it was refreshing to join a company that truly "gets" senior living. The dedication that this company gives to our residents, families and staff is above and beyond the norm. I love interacting with the residents and families daily; they are a part of our family. A typical day is filled with much heart. My staff are amazing human beings who give of themselves in such a magnanimous way everyday. Together we create a culture and create memories that sustain us and define us.
Thank you Oakmont for being the grand company that you are!
Pros
Great culture. Great place to work
Amazing atmosphere and culture
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 18, 2018
Oakmont is great place to work! How often do you find a job where all the employees get along, and we never say that's not my job, but we are willing to pitch in wherever and whenever needed! It's an amazing place to work! We all get our jobs done, but we also have fun doing it...it's a wonderful environment to work in. I would highly recommend Oakmont of Stockton as a desirable place to work, and I should know, I have been here for almost 16 years!
Pros
I love how family oriented this company is. I love everything about this workplace.
Cons
none at all!
Professiional growth opportunites
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 17, 2018
There are many opportunities for growth in the culture of Oakmont. I have been with the company 4 years and continue to be challenged and supported every day.
Pros
Opportunites, collaboration and support. Work hard and fel apprectiated
Cons
Really none
Best Company to work for!!!
Culinary Service Director (Current Employee) –  West Las VegasDecember 15, 2018
Oakmont is one of the best companies i have ever worked for. They are very detailed orientated. They stride to be the best and over exceeds all expectations.
Pros
hands on management, family orientated
Cons
not enough Oakmonts in Las Vegas
The Four Seasons of Senior Living
Manager (Current Employee) –  NevadaDecember 15, 2018
If you get the chance to work or live in an Oakmont community... look no further you have found your forever home! Amazing collaborative culture in everything they do!
No Culture/No Care
Executive (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CADecember 7, 2018
Oakmont continues to eliminate/fire employees on a daily basis. No culture or care for the staff or residents. Upper management is inexperienced and incompetent. Recent restructure has been detrimental to the employees, residents and families. Heavy demands on the sales teams and Executive Directors. Regional team members are not hands on and only dictate to the staff. VP's and specialists do not visit communities or provide support, unless there is a problem. Negative exposure from many media outlets and integrity issues.
Pros
Beautiful communities
Cons
Poor culture and upper management
December 13, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your review. Our team members are our first priority, and our goal is always to ensure that they receive the support they need to be successful. Our door is always open if you would like to discuss your concerns with us directly. Please feel free to give us a call at 707-535-3200.
Oakmont Senior Living

Oakmont Managment Group
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 6, 2018
OMG is a living example of what a organization with values and integrity stands for. This is demonstrated daily in all that is demonstrated by staff at all levels of the organization.
Lots of opportunity
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CADecember 5, 2018
I have been able to move up within the company. The managers are supportive and encouraging. I like working with the residents and developing relationships with them. This is a unique job.
Great company
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 4, 2018
Lots of growth opportunity, fast-paced and the company is growing quickly. Friendly team and easily the best product when compared to our competitors.
running Thin
care (Former Employee) –  San Antonio Heights, CANovember 7, 2018
New Hires leave Because the job is over whelming and the ones that stay are being over worked and at the sametime being told by there directors no overtime. Directors instead of helping there staff Take there lunch in the dining room like its high school in the middle of lunch rush and want to be served like they live there. No leadership or appreciation shown at this building. We are lowballed in our wages because the Executive Director wants her bonus at the end of the year. We Always Hear little comments that we are disposable and replicable. The Morale of the employees is down. The only thing that had us going is the love of our residents. Places like this should be unionized!!!
Pros
the residents
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We would like to speak with you further about your concerns. Please call the home office Human Resources Department at 707-535-3200. Thank you.

Productive company. Great place to work
Lead Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 6, 2018
I loved working for Oakmont. I was with them for also 10 years and lost my job due to the Tubbs Fire. Oakmont assisted living was like my second home. I miss working there so much.
Pros
$1 lunches
Cons
We wouldn’t have enough parking spacesuit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakmont Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.