Oakmont Senior Living Employee Reviews

Good job for experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 29, 2019
I wish there were tips but I understand that customers have to use points to buy food. Customers were nice to talk to during downtime and coworkers and management were nice. The pay was minimum wage as one should expect from an entry-level job like this.
Pay is not fair
Med Tech and Caregiver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 20, 2019
Med techs should start at 17 (Like other oakmont locations) with an extra incentive for overnight or past training. But that does not happen. We are responsible for the entire building meds residents care staff emergencies etc yet get paid the same amount as the care staff who are not liable for much.
Pros
most residents are asleep at night
Cons
I’m sleep all day neglecting my own family
November 27, 2019

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and invite you to please call us at our home office HR department - 707-535-3200. We would like to learn more and address your concerns. Thank you.

Love the resident interaction
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Upland, CANovember 18, 2019
I love working here. I wish we all made a smidgy more money. The caregivers especially deserve more competitive moneys. As a art-time employees, I have no benefits, so that's a bummer.
Amazing place to work!
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 13, 2019
I’ve worked for Oakmont for two years now, both in the activity and marketing departments. Even though they are still a growing company, they are headed in the right direction! Lots of opportunity for employees to advance and good culture. The only area of improvement would be company discounts/similar programs
fun and rewarding job at Oakmont of San Jose
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Oakmont of San JoseNovember 12, 2019
It's a beautiful community, lovely residents, friendly co-workers, supportive management team. I love what I do here, it's rewarding by touching people's life and make their life better.
Pros
lots of oppotunities to grow with the company
Nice place to work.
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 7, 2019
I love to work here. Residents are nice and sweet. Good benefits
Pros
Benefits, food, scholarships
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2019
I enjoy working here. Very peaceful setting. Not a lot of drama. Plenty of team work. Clients are pleasant to work with. Great location. Good starting pay. Vacation time is offered after your probation is up. Great benefit package.
Maintenance
Assistant Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 22, 2019
During typic day I paint walls shampoo carpets complete work orders love the work and the residents. Supervisor is hard to work for treats people bad to where others have quit
Leave
Move in Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 19, 2019
Horrible company to work for. They only care about what corporate says and nothing else. Stay away. They will just fire a person without any reasoning. They do what they want and do not care about the circumstances of what they are doing to their employees and residents.
October 21, 2019

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. Please give us a call at our home office HR department (707-535-3200) so that we can discuss and address your concerns.

Fresno is a horrible branch!!!!!!!! Never should’ve transferred here!!
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 13, 2019
Oakmont in Alameda was a wonderful place to work. They were everything you could want in a company!!!! I transferred to Fresno and it was the worst decision of my life!! At the oakmont in Fresno they were horrible. I transferred with the promised of a promotion to RCC and then when I moved was given a lesser position with lower pay. I was later on let go because I refused to do things that were out of my scope of practice.
Pros
Residents
October 14, 2019

Productive and Fun
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 11, 2019
Great experience to work here. Learn a lot about the residents and connect personally. Management is flexible with workers and very caring. Always leave the door open to come back.
Lack of competent management and Diversity
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAOctober 3, 2019
Horrible management - unethical and priorities are favoritism and hiding in their offices. Left short staffed daily, this place should be shut down for the incompetencies and I dare you to find a Hispanic working in any of the facilities- including Fair oaks! If you want to be overworked, underpaid and watch management get all the glory for literally doing nothing then this is the place for you!
Pros
Residents
Not interested in disclosing
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 26, 2019
I am not interested in disclosing any information at the moment. The company has certain core values and interesting management tactics. its a company that.
Favortism
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Upland, CASeptember 17, 2019
I was a former employee at oakmont in san antonio heights the managment is junk it went down hill when our memory director left none of the other higher employees knew what was going on or how to do scheduling their investagations are bogus and i feel i got wrongfully terminated i didnt get fired for performance wise i got fired for having conversations with othewworkers
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Everything else
September 25, 2019

Hello, we invite you to call our home office HR department at 707-535-3200 so that we can learn more about your experience and address your concerns. Thank you.

Incompetent Management
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Upland, CASeptember 11, 2019
This has been one of the most stress inducing jobs I’ve ever experienced. The residents, although can require a lot of assistance, were the best part about the job. The only redeeming quality about bending backwards for this job was the money, but it wasn’t worth the horrible management and it started to seriously affect my work ethic. Whenever I had an issue and raised it to management, the head director belittled and talked down to me, ultimately treating me like a child. The work environment was atrocious and incredibly toxic. I’m not sure about other locations, but there was a reason this one had an incredibly high turnover rate. People warned me, and I didn’t catch on so I paid the price. Dreadful.
Pros
Money, residents
Cons
Work environment, management
September 18, 2019

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience and invite you to call our HR home office department at 707-535-3200 so that we can discuss this.

Lowest rate in bay area for LVN
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 4, 2019
Work load is not bad, but they pay cheap, the cheapest of all the facilities I’ve worked with in Bay Area, and it’s always understaffed, there was a time when I came to work in the morning and nobody was there except me for the first hour, caregivers are always no show, no call. There is always a room for
Improvement and I hope they increase their LVN salary because it is very very cheap .
September 18, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. If you would like to speak with the HR Department about your concerns, we can be reached 707-535-3200.

Awesome place
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 3, 2019
It's a great work place to grow and learn new skills. Staff is friendly and easy to get along. Be yourself and you'll fit perfectly here. This is a job where you will get attached to people and you will make friends here.
September 18, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you love working at Oakmont. We strive to provide a positive team culture and fun work environment. Thank you for all that you do.

Not enough training
Move Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2019
I was not given proper training for my position. They preach about how great the training was before joining and I got 1 day of training. I would NOT recommend working with them. When I was let go I tried contacting Human Resources and was denied being able to speak to someone to clarify the situation.
September 18, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. We invite you to please call our HR department at 707-535-3200 so that we can address your concerns.

I Would love to go back and work
Laundry/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 23, 2019
is the best place or facility for people to live there and work there too . All management is very good people everybody is friendly they loyal helpful sharing loving
September 18, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working at Oakmont. Please visit our Careers page to learn about current vacancies: http://oakmontseniorliving.com/careers

Needs positive team culture
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAAugust 12, 2019
I worked at Oakmont of Carmichael about two years ago. At the time I was a lead Med Tech and we had a full house of Residents. The things I enjoyed most about working for Oakmont were spending time with the residents, great benifits, and the chance to have a flexible schedual if I choose to go back to school. We also had monthly team meetings. There were very disagreable qualities about this location at the time . As a second shift Med Tech there were many times during the week where our third shift staff would not show up. This left me to work double shifts up to four times a week. During this time we also had 4 different nursing supervisors to come in and leave the position just as quickly. This caused team moral to drop and for policy to not be followed. There were constant. Hinges being made in the med room, and the nursing supervisors would try to have the med techs take on their job responsibilities. After four months of the constant inconsistencies, and the poor management of this ongoing situation I quit
August 20, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that parts of your Oakmont experience did not meet your expectations. Please call our home office HR department at 707-535-3200 so that we can learn more about your experience and address your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakmont Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.