Oakwood Homes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company
Sale Manager (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJune 12, 2018
great experience with a mobile home industry...
Excellent product knowledge and training.
great people to work for and with'
great product to sell. very nice design
Many low quality (poor credit) leads, may be different in other states.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 25, 2018
This location has a lack of varied inventory, the manager orders low end homes the majority of the time. This is a hostile office environment with yelling and arguments sometimes multiple times per day with 2-3 people involved. These arguments are all over the board from the Earth being flat to what people were eating for lunch. The amount of dysfunction in regards to the process of site prep and delivering the homes was overwhelming and not something a sales representative had adequate control over. Without competent leadership this job risky. Some deals will go through but expect to do a lot of work for deals that end up unraveling.
Super flexible schedule
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAMay 23, 2018
Manager was easy to work for and work with. Able to make up hours if needed and office felt like a family. Would recommend this company for anyone that has children as they are accommodating.
Loved Oakwood homes
Temp contract (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2018
I was only part time, but they treated me like a regular co worker. The people were great and understanding. If it wasn't a temp job, i would have loved to work there full time. they give lunch every Wednesday and really show appreciation to their employees
I loved working there
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2018
It was very interesting work. Constant call center environment, customer service, great managers. Great place to work. Hate they went out of business because it was a very enjoyable place to work
Too many hours per week
Home Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 25, 2018
Too many hours a week. They had me working 60+ hours a week and I had no time to do anything else. Other than that, it was an okay place t work. It pays decent money.
Discrimination runs rampant
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 1, 2018
I was discriminated against and upper management allowed it to go on. I was held back by a manager that did unspeakable things to me while his clique moved forward with raises and promotions. I was lied to and left without any alternatives but to leave. All after many years of giving them my all.
Pros
Working with great trades
Cons
Pretty much no follow through or help when having issues.
Competitive but very rewarding
Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 25, 2018
At Oakwood Homes you are a shark. You fight for your income and try to make the best out of it, since it is based off commission. You greet people at the door, find out what type of home they are looking for, show them houses, and answer all questions. You help customers fill out applications and show them how the process of buying a house is.
Pros
Long lunches, flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
Working long hours. working weekends, start pay is low
Loved the depts I worked with but had issues with management!
HR Coordinator/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2017
Lots of gossip overheard by other co-workers about employees in other depts. There was one department that was so AMAZING that they shared food, laughter and guidance. Although, I hear it has changed with new management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
can be productive and fun, can also be stressful
Home Consultant (Sales team) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 9, 2017
Dealings with banks can be stressful, too much time invested in deals which customers can tear apart with a single phone call. Not enough freedom for time off, at least at the location i was at. Considerably credit challenged customers are constantly trying to buy homes they cannot afford, which makes it impossible for you to make a commission on those customers, which are 65% or more of the customers that come in to our location.
Oak wood homes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chadbourn, NCOctober 5, 2017
I enjoy working at oakwood homes. Fast pace stressful work place. Help customers find the perfect homes for them and their family. Family vibe with all the coworkers
Administrative duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
I first assisted the Director of HR of approx. 3 years doing everything from scheduling interviews to compiling employee files. My boss was amazing and we got along wonderfully.

I assisted the Director of Sales for the next 2 years doing everything from helping the sales department with brochures to scheduling now home buyer for appointments.
Pros
Wonderful career oportunities
We had the most positive work environment I have ever experienced.
Senior Vice President Hiring,Sales and Training (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2017
Oakwood Homes was a vertical integrated builder of homes through out the USA. Was # 2 Home Builder by homes sold per year ( 60,000/year ). They operated under an entrepreneurial style business plan that gave Branch Managers a 40% interest in the company WITHOUT ONE PENNY OF INVESTMENT ON THE MANAGER'S PART ! Great incentive trips and bonuses. Company morale was the best I have ever experienced.
Pros
uncapped income potential
Cons
Great place to work with lots of opportunities to advance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 19, 2017
Great company to work for, very laid back atmosphere. I worked with a great sales team our normal daily routine consisted of opening the sale store and checking all of our model home. check with corporate and finance contacts for daily updates . Met with prospective/ future home buyers and help them find the right home. Followed up with customers who had been to our sales center and advised them of new opportunities our company had to help them get into a home. Helped customers with financing and approval process. Assisted Home owners in closing of home purchase. I generally help where I was need. I worked a lot of hours but I was rewarded very well, I got what I put in and seeing happy home buyers was great.
Pros
awesome pay structure
Cons
worked lots of hours
Not bad overall
Salesperson, Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2017
I had a good manager until I had a coworker who was very cynical and hard to work around and was forced to work right next to him which definitely made the work space hard to work in. The work also fluctuates a lot because of the economy.
Job varies depending on the lot
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 20, 2017
This job, like most any is largely dependent on quality of management and co-workers. I was lucky that I got a great manager and good coworkers. The Corporate side of the company is great and very supportive. They are constantly having contests etc... for sales staff.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
working Saturdays
Local feel with corporate backing
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2017
I am not overtly sensitive to male-dominated company culture, but I honestly do not know how else to say...the culture in this office was, let's say, "remarkable." In a bad way. At least the pay was good.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 25, 2017
Good place to work with great people to work with and great home office to deal with to get questions resolved. they truly work as one company even though there are many home sales centers and many manufacturers
Very busy. Always on the go
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2016
I was constantly busy. It was tough work but good work. I loved the people I worked for. My supers were good to me and fun to work for. my hours were long which was good because I needed the money.
Home consultant
Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 26, 2016
Great company to work for as a home consultant. You get to experience the joys of getting families into their new home and make long term friendships.