Oakwood Village Employee Reviews

ever good working environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 8, 2018
it is a good place to work.the work is ever challenging .the work place is good .i dont know what my day is going to like till i get to work. i like working with the housekeeping staff.
GREAT place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 6, 2018
During my two years of working at Oakwood many of the staff and residents had become family to me. They have a lot of different employee appreciation events that happen each month that a lot of my previous employers did not. Examples such as popcorn Fridays and gift cards celebrating the holiday or a job well done. I always felt that my work was appreciated. Recently their pay rates have become more competitive as an added bonus.
Pros
Competitive pay rates and the environment
Cons
Pto
A Job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 5, 2018
When I worked at Oakwood Village East as a dietary aide, it was an enjoyable and flexible job that worked well with my school schedule. I enjoyed the people I met and the residents I worked with. It provided me with great, first time healthcare food service experience. I would work at the East side campus again if the opportunity arose.

However, when I worked at Oakwood Village West as the certified dietary manager, it was hectic and stressful. The aides and cooks had terrible attitudes and the management didn't help the situation. It was unbearable and I eventually left after a year.
benefits
Cons
management
Not a friendly place
STNA (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 28, 2018
This place is a dump and their staff has very little to no team work at all. The nurses are very unprofessional. I was actually discriminated agganist while working here and complained about it but nothing was done to solve the issue.
Facility that allows people whom are low income based enjoy a dignified lifestyle.
Advanced Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2018
An environment that was surrounded with people from all walks of life, by working there I learned the importance of being concerned about without regards of your income.
Pros
Discounted meals, parties for residents, and staff
Cons
None to mention
Exploit the elderly
Medical Technician (Lead Caregiver) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Management enjoys a luxurious lifestyle while the elderly residents of this care facility are left under the care employees who are not given enough time or resources to provide for all of their needs.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Experiencing death
Great place, always understaffed for caregivers
Housekeeping and laundery duties (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CANovember 29, 2017
Wonderful management, friendly people and pretty low key work environment. Not too stressful, only on days when understaffed. Very flexible with scheduling and employees eat free.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Springfield OhioNovember 25, 2017
I've never worked in a cleaner facility. My coworkers and I get along fairly well. Everyone knows their role but everyone seems to help each other when needed.
if looking for a respectable place to work apply elsewhere
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 7, 2017
the management is shady, lots of backroom deals and picking and choosing who favorites are. The staff and management are questionable, lots of unsettling behavior by senior staff members
(drug use, alcohol consumption,harassment). unnecessary lying and so and so fourth, not a place i had wanted to work, not a place id want to retire a loved one
Pros
good paycheck
Cons
questionable superiors in all departments
Oakwood Village is like a family
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 13, 2017
This is the one place I wish I could go work at again. The work is hard because you are working with the elderly but it is so rewarding and the staff is just wonderful. Management tries really hard to take care of their employees.
Pros
free lunches, management, residents
Drama filled workplace.
DIETARY AIDE II (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 3, 2017
Typical day at work would be to prepare and deliver food to residents. I learned how to work with a large range of people. The hardest part of the job was not having the proper management and training.
Good if you last
None (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 9, 2017
Oakwood is great, but there has been a lot of turn over in every department which makes it a challenging environment. Some of the managers care about their employees whereas others you are just a number to them.
Pros
oakwood does a lot of the senior community
Cons
lots of turn over, poor management, unnecessary stress and drama
Great work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 11, 2017
Really good work atmosphere and great team work and staffing. Hours were really good and management was really understanding and willing to work with you.
Pros
Great management
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2017
It's a job. Great for working with older residents living there at Oakwood Village. The management is "meh" give or take. You basically dish out food to the residents and clean up and that's your shift!
Cliques
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 13, 2017
If you want to actually do your job well, go to another place. Staff expects way too much out of you, always short staffed, managers are horrible. Rehab people are also awful.
Easy work
Dietary Aide III (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 2, 2017
I loved being able to pick up hours constantly whether it was last minute or a month in advance. There is, however, quite a bit of petty drama, and the residents can be tough to work with at times.
Do not apply here, they think people live on penny's literally
RA (Former Employee) –  Madison westDecember 6, 2016
Worked there for a long time and you literally get 9 cent raises every 6 months. The only people that may have a good check is management. You have to work multiple doubles in order to afford anything. They treat people differently and unfair. They treat long time employees terrible and do not care for their staff.
Pros
Flexible for CNA and Ra staffing
Cons
No raises for years and do not plan to give people any! No advancement
Tough Environment- Very Fulfilling
Business Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 29, 2016
Job Duties: A1
Cleanliness lacking
A typical day at the office was a challenge, which was welcomed - there was a lack of support from upper Management as the turn-over was quite frequent. Just as soon as someone was settling in, they found an opportunity that was a better fit, as did I.. It was a tough choice after many wonderful years.
Pros
Job Duties were challenging and tough- Loved that !
Cons
Poor Cleanliness and frequent turnover.
Don't wear your heart on your sleeve here
nursing (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 17, 2016
This place has no opportunities for advancent. The nursing staff is overworked and the pay is nowhere near what it should be. Nurses cry frequently and when they ask for help, they get told "it's in the budget that we are staffed appropriately". CNAs and Nurses have just walked off the floor in the middle of shifts or work a day or two and leave. Staffing turnover is horrendous and those that care are burned out. If you care, keep it to yourself. The heart has no place here.
Pros
On-site food options, people on the front lines that care
Cons
See review
Worst place ever
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2016
this place is awful job do not apply there.
they treat employees like **** . always short handed lots of calls in and nurse don't give a ****.
Pros
getting a paycheck
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Village. Our community is ready to answer.