Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews

Worked remotely from home. Missed the team interaction at times.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2018
Positive working environment with much support internally. Most recent Director of Sales was extremely supportive. I enjoyed the diversity of the role and the territory related to my sales efforts.

The most difficult piece of the job was working with Operations regarding pricing strategies vs. our competitors within the same market.

Once Oakwood was acquired by a public company the administration and processes for purchases, business travel and client entertainment became very cumbersome and time consuming. There was too much time spent on request forms and documentation that could have been better dedicated to sales efforts.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Administrative tasks and ongoing reporting
Oakwood
Service Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2018
There is no hard part of the job. Everything and everyone flows with each other. Everyone helps each other out if they have any questions. Sometimes stressful but you always have your co-workers to help out.
Too much time in the dark
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2018
Corporate culture is changing as new ownership takes charge. This isn't a bad thing; but be aware that a reputation of being family oriented and inclusive is morphing into a more button-down corporate culture with much more defined and rigid roles and responsibilities. Great change for someone looking for somewhere predictable, not so good if you thrive on being able to contribute and add value.
Pros
Stability, routine, standard pay & benefits
Cons
Disconnect with leadership and lack of visibility in company direction
great company
Communications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The staff are all great and the working environment is ideal for working in. Would recommend to all who are interested.
Horrible Management
Senior Internet Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
Too much office politics. Too much work for the amount paid. Management is without a clue. Not sure if they still have two offices operating throughout the Phoenix area, but I do know that the job that started off as a dream ended as a nightmare.
New Management with new culture
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2018
Very nice place to work. I learned a lot at the company. unfortunately company was sold and my position was eliminated. I worked for Oakwood for 22.5 years.
Overworked and underpaid
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
The pay is not good enough for the amount of work that is pushed on the employees. Employees are overwhelmed with work in the AP department and get nothing for it and it does not help that the supervisor is no where to be found.

Also, when I got the call from them saying I'm hired, they made it seem like it was a great place to work with a "raise every 6 months" or "full service kitchen and food trucks" but they have none of that. There is so much more but I will end it here... do not believe their lies at cubicle city.
Pros
Cons
overworked and underpaid
You can make a difference
Corporate Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2018
Oakwood Worldwide is the leader and founder of the corporate housing industry. At this time in their 50+ year history thay are in a transition phase under new ownership and management. This critical phase has created a perfect environment for employees to impact positive change. New management is asking for and listening to employees' ideas.
Pros
You can make a difference at Oakwood, Management asks for and listens to ideas, CEO has a solid plan, He demonstrates compassion toward the employees.
Cons
Change is occurring rapidly, and at times the communication surrounding the purpose of the change gets missed, either by management not communicating effectivelt and frequently enough, and/or the employees choosing to not pursue the available communication.
almost Great
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  center city PhiladelphiaFebruary 17, 2018
I have a good job with great benefits finally. I love my co-workers and the office environment.The company is trying to change its culture to be more about the finances but who isn't these days.
Pros
office location, company culture and industry
Cons
The workers have to watch every dime spent
Company lost it's human factor
Help Desk Application Tech II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2018
The company was great the first 10 years, but the last 5 it changed drastically and even moreso when they were bought out by a different company. It used to be about the employee and then it became about the bottom dollar and nobody mattered anymore.
Cut throat call room
Senior Internet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2018
The preferred employee is young and looking to backstab their co-workers anybody they can. And the best part, when they let you go? They do it at the end of the week Friday, for example and wait until you finished for the day. Poor Management skills, and as I mentioned, they paid me more than others, and wanted me out. Their was no respect for loyalty and no way to advance.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management, moral
Tough place to work, but Learned a lot.
Leasing/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2018
I began my property management career with Oakwood Worldwide, and quickly learned the pressures of the temporary-stay business. You are pressured to maintain 0 vacancy, even during down times in travel and business.
Pros
Apartment discount
Cons
Lack of training.
The last 6 years I worked from home. Prior to that the office was an enjoyable place to be.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Home based in Newport News VAJanuary 27, 2018
I enjoyed my 21 years of work at Oakwood Worldwide. I enjoyed all of the positions I held with the company and would still be there today had i not been laid off.
Productive and Competitive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working for Oakwood, but the company was previously purchased and downsizing is occurring. I started working for the company in Charlotte and relocated to Austin.
Great place to work!
GSR (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 7, 2018
You work hard, especially in the summer. Opportunity for overtime about half the year. Great, hard-working, dedicated people. New owners offer infusion of cash, technology upgrades, improved employee benefits.
Pros
Great people, .
Cons
Processes need to be streamlined for more efficiency, better communication needed.
Unfulfilling
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day is stressful due to lack of employees and disinterested management. Culture varies from department to department. Lacking consistency between managers.
creative culture with international influence
Director of Property Services (Current Employee) –  VariousDecember 19, 2017
Oakwood provided many opportunities and historically promoted from within. Many areas of work environment including internal support, client facing, property operations, sales and managment.
fun place.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 18, 2017
nice place to work very productive. manager was very good person.I was sorry I had to leave due to personal issues with my person. I never wanted to leave.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
short breaks
A stable workforce
Warehouse Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 6, 2017
Show up on time for work, minimum guidance for everyday task, pretty repetitive work. Learned to balance out work loads and to help give direction to other employees on the job site. Unfortunately management did not protect workers confidentiality and represent professionalism. Honestly the hardest part was communicating with management and suggesting ideas for future assignments no leaderships roles were represented correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job itself was the variety of hardworking employees and being able to learn the back end of hotel warehouse.
benefits
Cons
working weekends and working 10 hour shifts
Great organization
VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
Oakwood Worldwide is an industry leader in corporate furnished housing. A typical day at work would involve hiring, training, directing outside salespeople in 25 markets. The traditional challenges existed between operations and sales but through the leadership of the Chairman the team excelled and built the company that became the industry standard. It was difficult at times to find a work life balance with the business travel however the excitement of opening new markets to include in Europe provided an exceptional experience and business training.
Pros
Open forum to provide input and change the company
Cons
Finding work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight