Oasis Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
This place is scary!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 13, 2018
This hospital doesn’t care one bit about their patients! They are more concerned about doing endless amounts of paperwork. Nurse to patient ratio unsafe (18:1 on certain days). Doctors are rude and treat nurses terribly. You’re asked to correct other nurses paperwork mistakes or back date paperwork. Nursing management has very little experience and NO medical experience. There is no floor training just 2 weeks of rules and regulation training. Incredibly understaffed and mandatory overtime. Horrible place and at risk for losing your license.
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
So many
Channel 10 news
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Although i did grow and learn from working here my time spent was valuable in learning how to care for the youth SMI. There was several investigations of how staff treated patients. I would not do as the company demanded so i was no longer privy to employment and resigned.
No structured
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 16, 2017
Very up and down no one really had the right structure management was very lasidascal changes need to be mad from the top down if so possible had a few good moments.
Never Again
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2017
I was used. I was hired and fired 4 times while working there. I loved my job and loved my patients but it became to scandalous. I take pride in my work even worked overtime with out getting paid to make sure tasks were completed but it was never good enough.
Pros
Patients
Fun to Work with
Behavior Health tech (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZFebruary 5, 2017
Team gathering to go over information for the day... checked patient files.. checked with my client load made appointments.. check patient needs and concers...
Pros
staff working well togather
Great place to expand teaching skill set.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2017
Enjoyed working in the Education Department. Great benefits package. Limited flexibility for coverage due to required background check. Great place to expand teaching skills.
Terrible organization
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 18, 2016
Don't get a job here unless you like your life being put at risk by low staffing, endless tech issues keeping you from monitoring your paycheck and signing up for benefits, and an overall negative attitude from overworked staff
Pros
Cons
Staffing is low and unorganized managrmebt isn't willing to accept the consequences
Excellent place to work
BHT (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 8, 2016
I'm a current employee at Oasis for over a year and believe this a wonderful place to work. There some disgruntle employees who make the workplace a hostile work environment. But with new leadership they hopefully will be weened out. They have encountered issues with State in the past and present but mostly because of employees unhappy with changes being implemented. Since I've worked there I've noticed improper working relationships between BHT's and Rn's ect and those are the main trouble makers. They call State whenever the situation isn't beneficial. The work ethic of some BHT's and Rn's possess are deplorable at best. I'm happy that administration has started coming up here during off hours so they can rectify these Bums I work with ie sleeping whenever we should be providing patient care. I feel like administration is spot on with there views because its been shown that we cant get it together. But i'm hopeful our new leadership will restore this facility to it's rightful place of the number 1, in Behavioral Health for Chandler.
Pros
new work schedule
Cons
some leadership manly Rn's
Fast paced, fun work place
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 6, 2016
OBH is fast paced, fun environment to work in. I have learned a lot and asking questions is always the best way. All of my supervisors are great and understanding. My coworkers are the same way.The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing progress made by the patients. The hardest part is being short staffed at times.
High turnover and no staff
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 12, 2016
Be aware that Oasis is always short staffed and there is a high turn over of employees. Most employees are from registry and need to be watched along with the patients.
Small Hospital
HIM Medical Coder - PRN (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 28, 2016
It was a smooth running hospital. It is a little psychiatric hospital. It includes adults, kids, good for inpatient stay.
Demanding
Milieu Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande az 85122August 3, 2015
Persistent changes, good schedule, good supervision, helping others is a plus, room for advancements, flexible schedules, good pay
Great director of social work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 9, 2015
Oasis has a great working environment. Collaborate, patient centered care. The director of social work is great at jumping in and helping out where needed. A downside of the job is long hours, and too high of caseloads.
Pros
great director of social work
Cons
too high of case load
Behavioral Health Hospital
Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 27, 2015
The acute behavioral health hospital acute psychiatric hospitalizations. Acute Psychiatric emergencies are the toughest part of the job. The hospital is an ok place to work.
Very dangerous place to work
nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandler AzMarch 26, 2015
If you are looking to work here be prepared to work short. There is not enough to cover the 12 hour shifts and management does not care the supervisor position is a position that gives someone the right not to take patients and watch you work like a slave.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Short all the time
Job duties and management
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 16, 2015
• Direct patient care for high needs adolescents ages 12-17 in residential treatment center
• Secure patient safety by deescalating high-stressed situations and process with patients
• Secure patients in level one lock down facility
• Engage and support patients with ‘living in balance’ daily scheduled program within the facility

At the end of the day management only cares about the money
ok place to work
house keeper (Former Employee) –  chandler azJanuary 14, 2015
cleaned facility and patient rooms performed jobs as needed by management hardest part of the job was communication from staff so i would know which rooms needed new bedding . coworkers were dameaning to me as they say me as just a janitor and treated me poorly
benefits
Cons
near constant change in management
Management bullies its employees!!!
Hard worker who actually cared about the job. (Current Employee) –  ChandlerDecember 8, 2014
If you have no personal life, and love to be told what to do, when to do it, and just get it done at any cost to your family or personal life, than this is the place for you. Management treats their employees like robots on a an assembly line, work them like slaves, and don't value any input, opinions, or suggestions for improvement. This company enforces its own agenda, which is improving the bottom line, even at the cost of lowering patient's care standards. The turnover is quite high, and terminations are a common occasion. Management does not like to assist their employees in getting the job done, even when employees request for assistance. They are above doing your low level job and like to sit in meetings all day eating food catered for them. This company thrives on people's misery and problems.
Pros
It's a job that pays, but not enough.
Cons
Poor management, compensation & benefits, no work/life balance.
Management is egotisical
BOA (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 17, 2014
This is not a good place to work. The turn over is immense. Goals are not realistic. Management will not listen; talks over, when asked a question and employee is answering. Management will not talk one on one with an employee. Quick to run to HR to have them resolve issue. Medical records are not locked down and is still all paper. Work load is one that is overwhelming with no end in sight. No loyalty to long term employees. Quick to let good employees go. High stress, unclear responsibilities and absolutely no training on systems that are to be used. I would not work here if you are looking for a job. Look elsewhere.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
Management ( CFO ) is highly egotistical.
Entertaining work envirnment
Behavioral Heath Technician (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 3, 2014
Supervise, process, and transport juvenile boys in treatment for subastance abuse & behavioral issues.
Pros
Mentoring children
Cons
Chanllenging behaviors fro the children