Oatey Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good job
production operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2018
Everyone gets along well. The job has great benefits and the work isn't extremely hard but it's not east either. I would recommend this job to anyone who's looking for a warehouse job
Two thumbs down
Material Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2018
One of the perks of this place is the vacation time you start to accumulate right off the bat. But that's about it. The pay rate isn't very good, and the people interaction is even worse. The people will suck the positivity right out of you. A lot of disrespectful people in the building (that includes management), There is always an issue.
Pros
Vacation time accumulated immediately
Cons
Not a pleasant place to work
na
Production Operator Quality Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2018
The work environment was not relaxed. i never got out on time and i felt it was so segregated with all the nationality. the manager didn't do anything about anyone's problems
Fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2017
I learned a lot from this job because I had to fulfill all the orders on time. The most enjoyable part was that all of my colleagues were very professional and at the same time friendly.
Pros
Plant supervision cares about us, good benefits. Opportunities for people that want to grow and work hard, recognition given for hard work.
Cons
Bathrooms are filthy.
Official response from Oatey Company
January 26, 2018

Thank you for the review. We have put in place new procedures so the bathrooms are kept tidy. Appreciate your feedback so we can continually improve for our associates.

Decent company to work for depending on your responsibilities.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, CANovember 28, 2017
Decent company. Good management. Some positions require you to work around chemicals. All of them are below the OSHA minimum levels but there is a definite odor if you work with them.
A fast paced job that is not pleasant to work at.
Lead Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2017
This is a chemical company that is a very stressful, fast-paced job that gives improper training to its employees due to their need to push out more product. It is also an unsafe environment where people are not properly certified to run large machines. It wears out its employees with constant mandatory overtime. And if you have an issue with your superiors or coworkers, your issue will not be resolved in a timely manner, which creates a tenser working environment. There is also the issue of family members of employees that move higher in the ranks without being more qualified within a less amount of time in the company than others who deserve it.
Cons
poor training, not safe. favoritism.
Unfair and very crowded on shift overlap
Picker/Material Handler2 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 4, 2017
Low raises, chronic overtime ,unfairnes, this isnt a career its more so u go here before u discover what and where u want to be in life .............
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Lack of growth, favortism, low raises if any
Waste of your life
Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2017
Stay away management thinks there better than the slaves that work here
No work life balance
The place is depressing no one can speak English or read
Hey find out for yourself
Pros
Cons
Production is a joke
Great place to work!
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Extremely fun but competitive environment. Upper Management is really down to earth and involved in every-day operations. Great opportunities for growth.
Pros
Work environment
Family oriented business
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2017
It is an honor to be employed by Oatey. The great people make for an excellent work environment. You are expected to get your job done and excel within your position. You are challenged to become better within your role and to advance your career.
Oatey is also very involved in the community and provides an ample amount of opportunities if that is something of interest.
I would highly recommend a career at Oatey to anyone.
Pros
Great people, benefits, pay, environment, gym at office
Great family and culture at Oatey!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
The culture at Oatey is what drew me in and keeps me here. Family-owned and operated, it is a great place to work! Unlike other companies, it is nice to be able to see and interact with the management and executive teams on a daily basis.
Pros
Great co-workers, open relationships, open communication, work-life balance
Excellent place to launch career
Account Receivable Lead (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I absolutely love working for Oatey - the people and the culture of the place is amazing. Hands-down my favorite employer thus far. I love the diversity of the company and the ability to grow!
Overall Good workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2017
Good work environment. What I learned being at Oatey is how to fix machines lead people in the right direction. Most of the workers are pretty much friendly. The hardest part of the job when the machine breaks down you have to take steps to fix the problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything run good and I can get my production.
Ok work place
Cement mixer 2 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Oatey is a ok work place. Have a lot of changes going on , some good , some bad. They have a lot to work on. Just got new boss not to long ago. Things are slowly getting better.
poor management
support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2017
they do not care about there employees or the hours they make you work. the only people that matter are the management people. if you have no life its a place to work plenty of overtime and Saturdays.
Pros
when it is time to go home
Cons
no work life balance at all, sweat shop
Deteriorating fast
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
Last few years has seen a lot of talent walk out the door in certain departments. Culture rapidly declining into a CYA , short sighted one. Family needs to get more involved.
Pros
Some solid coworkers treat you like family.
I really enjoyed my time working for Oatey and i would work for the company again.
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2017
Oatey is a great place to work. They are very diverse. The people are easy to work with. The Supervisors are really helpful. I would go back to work in this establishment.
Ever changing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
Oatey is a great company and out of necessity from the recession they have made changes. however, if you are not inline with particular senior management you will find yourself pigeon holed or moved out of the organization.
Great workplace with amazing management and employees benefits
Machine Operator/Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2017
My experience working at The Oatey Company was fulfilling and motivating as there was always an opportunity to grow from the field you start in. There's great management and lots of attention to the employees safety. If it wasn't for my pregnancy, I would have been happy to continue working for the Oatey Company.
Pros
Free safety goggles and ear plugs
productive and fun place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2017
I get more experience in my life and learn alot when i go there at the beginning i had no experience now i know everything about my job they train as in material handling