Oberweis Dairy Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJanuary 4, 2018
I have really enjoyed working at Oberweis Dairy because they do acknowledge their employees for doing a good job. The company also does fun events throughout the year like employee appreciation, birthday celebrations, halloween costume contests, pumpkin carving contest, and lots of other fun events.
Pros
Nice break room, monthly or quarterly lunches within the department
Cons
Healthcare is getting to be more expensive
Fun work place
ACE Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 19, 2017
What i learned working at oberweis i have learned a lot of good customer service. Learning how to deal with rude people in the best way as possible. The hardest part of the job would be nothing really if you get use to the job and know everything you doing it’s so easy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Hours
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIDecember 18, 2017
The sole issue with this job is the hours. Paid on salary they can work you well over 40 hours with no overtime. the amount of hours worked each week averaged about 65. The warehouse/driver management and co-workers however were fantastic. The amount of amazing customersi met on the job were also amazing and i will never forget the many connections i had made with Oberweis.
The job itself is not awful
Ice Cream Scooper (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 10, 2017
I get 7.5 hours a week, for 7.75 (plus commission) and they only stick me on dishes. They are slowly lessening my hours. And no advancement. Managers are difficult to work for.
I recommend this job as a summer thing. But that’s about it
Pros
Easy job, lots of free time
Cons
No advancement, low hours, low pay
Good for a first-time part-time job
Crew Member Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 6, 2017
Friendly staff. Depending on the season, work might be hectic and very fast-paced, or slow and relaxed. You get to try all the flavors in the store, including new ones.
Pros
discounts, perks, staff usually around your age
Cons
general customer service cons
great first job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 2, 2017
As the first job I ever had I enjoyed working there very much. there was room for advancement but not great advancement. It was a fun working environment and met a lot of good people.
A great starting job for all
Ice Cream Store Crew member (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILOctober 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Oberweis dairy of North Aurora. The coworkers and management were great, most of the time was quite enjoyable.. The hours and pay were fair. and we even went on a few outings going over the events of the year and the goals and mission of the company.
Fun place to work
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 5, 2017
Good place if ur just starting out work while still in highschool. Sometimes it's busy but other times it's hard to find things to work on. Overall not that bad of a job
Good beginers job .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Really seasonal to be honest. Not enough hours but the environment and culture is amazing. It's a decent job for high school / college students looling fir a part time job for the moment.
Pros
Ice cream on the job
Organzied and posative work environment.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 5, 2017
I highly enjoyed my time working at Oberweid Dairy. There was plenty of time to work with profit sharing which was a plus. The location was great for me personally and the responsibilities challenges me to focus on my work, thus making me a better employee.
Pros
Hours and pay.
Decent work enviroment
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Western Springs, ILAugust 31, 2017
Very fast paced, always busy, customer service, making food. I learned cash handling and costumer service skills. The hardest part of the job would have to be lifting bulk boxes. The most enjoyable part of working there is the work enviroment.
Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 29, 2017
I have nothing bad or positive to say about this company. They at least hooked it up with some free milk & other delicious dairy products. I wish them the best of luck.
It is a very productive place and you meet some excellent co-workers along the way
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILAugust 10, 2017
The job can be very fast paced one day and slow the next. You meet some great employees along the and a few customers as well. It's fun and ice cream definitely makes me people happy
What I learned
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
I learned a lot of things during my time with Oberweis but what stood out most to me was the management skills I learned. I have learned important health and cash safety procedures during my time with this company.
Cold
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 29, 2017
Bottom line, if you don't like the cold, don't work here! Would stand in a cooler and freezer all day. Guy who ordered would order inconsistent, one day a big load the next day nothing. Truckers were well truckers, always had to clean up their mess.
Pros
Pay, sometimes free ice cream
Cons
Cold, mean people
Great job for High School Students
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILJuly 19, 2017
Oberweis was the first job I ever had and I really excelled. The benefits to working there are: free ice-cream, a nice discount, awesome employee's and depending on the season, a lot of downtime. The job allows you to make really good friends and build responsibilities. Taking vacation time was hardly ever a problem!
Pros
Free food, awesome discount, make a lot of money
Cons
winter time can obviously make business really slow and less money in your pocket
productive and fun workplace very welcoming
Ice Cream Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJuly 6, 2017
When I started working there i was welcomed with open arms. They all made me feel like I was in a new happy family. It was the best first work experience and first job and if I had been able to stay I would have.
Pros
requests for days off always granted
Cons
hard fast work
Hard To Achieve Sales
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Vinita Park, MOJuly 5, 2017
Canvas through neighborhoods going door to door or "Cherry Pick". selling our home delivery service can be frustrating and rejection is high. Many Neighborhoods have, "No Soliciting" Signs...
Horrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2017
The management was atrocious. Direct manager was very misleading in the interview. It was an overall horrible experience to work for this company. Regret taking the job offer.
Pros
In charge of own income
Pretty Boring, easy job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILMay 17, 2017
You walk in, and you're greeted by maybe 5 or 6 college/high school students. You're assigned a task for your shift, and a cleaning job generally. You go through your shift, usually stressed if it's in the summertime. The people who shop at Oberweis are usually very rude and specific about their needs.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Do not pay well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oberweis Dairy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9