OBXtek Employee Reviews

Little Support from Corporate Office
Lead Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 31, 2018
The contract was a good contract, great team to work for, but the Project Manager drove the contract into the ground. He was unstable, paranoid, pitted leadership against each other and created a hostile work environment. Corporate leadership did nothing about it even though they new there was a problem. The results was that contract got a 3 month extension instead of the 6 month. Most of the senior staff left for other positions, leaving the least trained employees to manage the contract.
Pros
Great Pay and benafits
Cons
No corporate supervision to reign in bad project manager
Average
Contractor, Administrative/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 8, 2018
Typical contracting company where they come on like gangbusters when they hire you, then disappear. Average Management.No salary increases or incentives.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Compensation
It was a good job
Junior Business Analyst/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 11, 2018
The CEO is an awesome dude. My co-workers and one of my mangers were awesome. The other one - not so much...fired me became I missed one day of work when I was simply way too inebriated to drive and didn't want to catch a dui driving in D.C. morning traffic. The CEO is a really cool dude though, ex military guy, as an "ex" Marine- I respect him. Good benefits too.
Pros
Well managed company overall
Cons
Tyrannical and non-understanding mid-management
suck place to work
Government Contractor Social Security SSC (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 6, 2017
wouldnt suggest it to anyone.

No room for growth, lied about needing help then layoffs happen after i was hired.

i dont have anything mor and this is getting old please just upload my info.
Cons
Think twice before accepting a job with OBXtek
Employed (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2017
Headquarters is severely disconnected from its workers which results in miscommunication and disengaged workers. Poor compensation and limited opportunities for growth reflect upper management’s disinterest in their employees and willingness to sacrifice company culture to pad their pockets.
Fantastic Team - Hard to find opportunity for advancement and growth
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 22, 2016
Management has always been fantastic, and very understanding, They are very flexible working with each individuals personal or work circumstance.

A lot of the daily responsibilities were very manageable but extremely technical.The advertised positions did not reflect the actual job description very well. To be fair to the company, these positions have also evolved over time. The starting baseline salary was very very meager. Honestly, the salary really did not reflect the amount of work involved. The amount of work continued to increase overtime.

Management on the contracts did a wonderful job of working with their employees to help get them where they should be, but without any incentives or increase in pay the company will have a hard time maintaining their employees. From my personal experience, I did see quite a number of talented people rotate out of the contract I had worked on.

I learned a lot while with OBXtek, and I will always appreciate the leadership and commitment most of the team made on a daily basis. It was very inspiring and nothing can take my experience away with them.

I don't feel my personal review should indicate a "Gold Standard" for what to always expect with OBXtek as a whole. At the same time, I've only had positive experiences with other contracts and the team over at OBXtek.
Pros
Flexible, Understanding, Great People and connections
Cons
The company never gave out an annual raise to anyone on my particular contract
Management does not care about employees
General Employee (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Management does not support employees. Raises are not possible regardless of work performance. Executives do not evaluate management staff. Even management openly talks unfavorably about the company with employees.
Pros
Standard 9 to 5
Cons
Management does not care about employees
I haven't worked for this company that long, OBXTek so far has been a great company to work for.
Employee Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
I am a contractor for OBXTek, I do not actually work in the same vacinity as the company. They are very helpful when I have questions or concerns dealing with my hours, health insurance or leave and pay.
Great Company Culture
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Very pleasant work environment. Excellent place to work. Very friendly co-workers. I highly recommend the organization.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
no private office for me
Work Place
GCCS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VADecember 16, 2014
OBXTEK offers a challenging environment to work in

Hampton, VA
Same as the other guy: Avoid
Assessment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 16, 2014
I was stupid enough to give two weeks notice and they stiffed me on it. If you are dumb enough to hire in, don't give two weeks notice when you wise up and leave.
Owner hires Project Managers that don't know a thing about Federal contracts or possess basic technical knowledge or skills. Saw a complete turn over of staff due to the hostility of the Project Manager. The PM appeared to have no experience with Gov Contracts. Owner of the company could not give a darn.
In a typical day of work, you might receive a dozen changes in direction.
Pros
Good coffee, good benifits
Cons
You will end up on anxiety medication.