OBXtek

OBXtek Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
Management has always been fantastic, and very understanding, They are very flexible working with each individuals personal or work circumstance.

A lot of the daily responsibilities were very manageable but extremely technical.The advertised positions did not reflect the actual job description very well. To be fair to the company, these positions have also evolved over time. The starting baseline salary was very very meager. Honestly, the salary really did not reflect the amount of work involved. The amount of work continued to increase overtime.

Management on the contracts did a wonderful job of working with their employees to help get them where they should be, but without any incentives or increase in pay the company will have a hard time maintaining their employees. From my personal experience, I did see quite a number of talented people rotate out of the contract I had worked on.

I learned a lot while with OBXtek, and I will always appreciate the leadership and commitment most of the team made on a daily basis. It was very inspiring and nothing can take my experience away with them.

I don't feel my personal review should indicate a "Gold Standard" for what to always expect with OBXtek as a whole. At the same time, I've only had positive experiences with other contracts and the team over at OBXtek.
Pros
Flexible, Understanding, Great People and connections
Cons
The company never gave out an annual raise to anyone on my particular contract
Great place to work with excellent management. Nothing is hard about the job and has great benefits. The company allows you To telework once a week which is great.
Some of my greatest working experiences were working for OBX. I felt nothing but appreciated, valued and well thought of. I worked hard and was part of a great team!
They always answer quickly and seem to genuinely care about their employees - this definitely isn't the case with all federal contractors. Would recommend!
Typical contracting company where they come on like gangbusters when they hire you, then disappear. Average Management.No salary increases or incentives.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Compensation
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
If you are a contractor for OBXtek, you will not have much facetime with them. They pay you and that's about it. They do not make attempts to get to know you or help make advancements in your career.
Management does not support employees. Raises are not possible regardless of work performance. Executives do not evaluate management staff. Even management openly talks unfavorably about the company with employees.
Pros
Standard 9 to 5
Cons
Management does not care about employees
Very pleasant work environment. Excellent place to work. Very friendly co-workers. I highly recommend the organization.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
no private office for me
I was stupid enough to give two weeks notice and they stiffed me on it. If you are dumb enough to hire in, don't give two weeks notice when you wise up and leave.
Owner hires Project Managers that don't know a thing about Federal contracts or possess basic technical knowledge or skills. Saw a complete turn over of staff due to the hostility of the Project Manager. The PM appeared to have no experience with Gov Contracts. Owner of the company could not give a darn.

In a typical day of work, you might receive a dozen changes in direction.
Pros
Good coffee, good benifits
Cons
You will end up on anxiety medication.