Ocala Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Working at ocala has shown me a different way of how is hospitals serve
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 29, 2018
On a typical day runner the operator Pbx broad making over pages in case of emergency like code blue trauma alert stroke making sure people get the areas in a safe and calm way
ER scribe
Emergency Department Scribe (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed learning and working with several physicians in the emergency department. However the work life balance was difficult with working overnight and having school in the morning.
RN Float Pool/ Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471April 28, 2018
Fast-paced environment with plenty opportunities to learn. Staff members worked as a team and it was a great learning experience. The doctors were great to work with!
Pros
Great teamwork and managament
Cons
short breaks
Poor management
Registered Nurse- Intensive Care unit (per diem) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 14, 2018
Poor management
good trauma docs
average nurse to patient ratios
intensive care unit modern and a nice unit to work in
co-workers helpful
good interdisciplinary team
Do what you can
RESEARCH FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 29, 2018
I volunteered there as a research fellow, which was an unpaid job. This was an attempt to secure a residency spot with ORMC. For anyone who is an upcoming MD, you already have an understanding of how that works.
Relaxed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 27, 2018
Relaxed and a lot of advancement, great team work, understanding from maneger to staff, enjoy doing pot lucks on my floor, great team work from nursing to Aides.
Pros
Advancement, discounts
Cons
A lot walking
I enjoyed my job
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471March 3, 2018
Pay is low and my job status didn't match my worked hours. I liked my job and the staff. The dept I was in is minimally staffed now. Good place to be
Pros
Staff
Cons
No benefits low pay
sad
Cardiac medical surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 16, 2018
change can be positive or negative, too many negatives. time to cut my losses and go. typical management problems, fast tracking ppl that shouldnt be there in the first place
Very high paced,fulfilling,and educational atmosphere. People are very caring,and fun loving. They all work as team players eagar to help
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FloridaFebruary 5, 2018
This hospital has the most educated caregivers with great side manners. Treat each patient as if it's their only patient and their co-workers as family. Very rewarding experience and it was my pleasure to work for this hospital.
Pros
Continuing education, cross-training, competative pay, personal recognition, each employee treated with respect. Top quality facility
Cons
I had to move back to jacksonville due to divorce and custody issues
Stressful and unsafe
Sepsis Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Unsafe practices occurring on a weekly basis, patient's lives jeopardized, and harassment thrives there.

The culture refuses to change in order to provide better outcomes for patients and the community.
I was too green to know
CT/X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Fine tuned my x-ray skills
Learned about hospital ops and medical field through observation. Set up a nice transition to management when new hospital opened in 2002
underutilized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I feel the hospital was not prepared for open heart surgery. There was a new trauma center starting there, with grants from state government. Seemed they put all their energy and money into promoting this new venture.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
underutilized
Great Management
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Love working in my dept... Great team...from the Director all the way down! Very fast paced environment with a lot of patients to get through. Makes the day go quickly!
Pros
Good environment
A great place
Phlebotomist Lab Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. They were struggeling with scheduleing and some management issues but over all I loved the patients and working with so many talented nurses
Pros
great benefits
Cons
never get a day off
For profit
RN (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 8, 2017
Being a for profit company they seem to be more about moving people in and out than providing as safe care as possible. They keep making changes in the management and it is not always for the better.
Blessed, regardless.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed my job the first few years, and I accepted the changes as they came, but when the cons began to outweigh the pros of staying, I placed myself back into school, to begin to get closer to positions to start to change the things I could not from sitting behind a switchboard all day. The hours are 12, and they days are fast or slow compared to what shift I worked. Management changes quite often and they are not consistent w/ assistance and incentive to the team moral or boost. I enjoyed my co-workers but this is a position that I did not see forever in, unfortunately.
Pros
Co-workers, an available job.
Cons
Moral, Policies not updated or current information placed w/ operators at all times, benefits, poor pay, hours and covered shifts, paid time off not honored, schedules switched to not provide overtime.
It is a great company to work for.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 12, 2017
A typical day at ORMC is pretty much face paced, you have certain schedules to work by, different tasks to complete by certain times, as any other job. I enjoy making someone who isn't felling to well, better by getting them the proper nutrition the need to make them well again.
No comment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 7, 2017
Fast paced environment, low equity in staff nurses, demanding 12 hour shifts with usual no breaks or time to eat, patient quality suffers when patient load becomes to large.
Fast passed and high expectations
Radiology Technologist (RT)(R)(CT) (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 29, 2017
Overall this company has a hard time grasping that you have a personal life outside of your work. Only a select few employees are required to take call, or work holidays which is very different from any other hospital experience I have had. They are not very good at retaining PRNs and therefore time off for employees must be covered by other full time employees taking over time and working longer hours.
Pros
Up to date equipment, supportive coworkers, educational opportunities, great benefits
Cons
under staffed facility, difficult hours, dissatisfying management
Learn allot
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 16, 2017
I love working here.. I've learned so much great people you work with always willing to help and teach you.... what can I say I'm happy here.. during the hurricane they were very organize and fully staff I enjoy here allot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocala Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ocala Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location