Ocala Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ormc ocala
Registered Nurse in PACU (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Working at ORMC was wonderful. I had a great boss, flexible scheduling and excellent coworkers. The teamwork was great and we cared for a variety of trauma patients
Ormc
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 21, 2018
This company was very welcoming and I enjoyed working there. There were always mentors assisting nurses and other staff alike. We were educated on a weekly basis and were supported 100%.
Ocala Regional
Nurse Tech Float (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 7, 2018
wonderful facility to work for. Time management. Wonderful staff willing to teach you new items. Caring nurses when it came to patient care. It became about the patient
Strained employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 5, 2018
This hospital is small and takes on more patients than it can care for, pushing staff to limits and stuffing patients in hallways and closets with poor care. Admin picks and chooses who gets what jobs unfairly.
Techs are over used. They lag behind in other hospitals I have worked at in providing for the employees and benefits, and there is no gym or personal space for the employees. every break room is used for pt's room or storage, staff is left with nooks on the units.
Pros
hca is fair pay
Cons
no focus on employees and needs
Great Colleagues, Building Phase
ER Patient Advocacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 26, 2018
ORMC gave me the opportunity to pursue a lot of creative solutions to the task I was presented. Everyone on staff more than pulls their weight, the facility itself was built for a small town and is building to address the needs of a growing city.
very poor place to work
Blood Bank Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 22, 2018
I did not enjoy working there. I worked with very hostile employees and supervisors. the work environment throughout the facility was tense do to upper management focus on saving money at the expense of employees, such as sending employees home with the work load was lower and not having enough staff on heavy days. If you were unable to take breaks, especially with nursing staff, they wrote you up. 5 write ups and the employee was suspended. I can truly way it was the worse place I ever worked at.
Pros
employee picnic
Cons
employee harrassed by management
work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 4, 2018
This hospital was a good place to work that had comparable benefits to other hospitals in the area. I enjoyed my experience at this company and would recommend working here.
Working at ocala has shown me a different way of how is hospitals serve
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 29, 2018
On a typical day runner the operator Pbx broad making over pages in case of emergency like code blue trauma alert stroke making sure people get the areas in a safe and calm way
ER scribe
Emergency Department Scribe (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed learning and working with several physicians in the emergency department. However the work life balance was difficult with working overnight and having school in the morning.
RN Float Pool/ Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471April 28, 2018
Fast-paced environment with plenty opportunities to learn. Staff members worked as a team and it was a great learning experience. The doctors were great to work with!
Pros
Great teamwork and managament
Cons
short breaks
Poor management
Registered Nurse- Intensive Care unit (per diem) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 14, 2018
Poor management
good trauma docs
average nurse to patient ratios
intensive care unit modern and a nice unit to work in
co-workers helpful
good interdisciplinary team
Do what you can
RESEARCH FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 29, 2018
I volunteered there as a research fellow, which was an unpaid job. This was an attempt to secure a residency spot with ORMC. For anyone who is an upcoming MD, you already have an understanding of how that works.
Relaxed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 27, 2018
Relaxed and a lot of advancement, great team work, understanding from maneger to staff, enjoy doing pot lucks on my floor, great team work from nursing to Aides.
Pros
Advancement, discounts
Cons
A lot walking
I enjoyed my job
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471March 3, 2018
Pay is low and my job status didn't match my worked hours. I liked my job and the staff. The dept I was in is minimally staffed now. Good place to be
Pros
Staff
Cons
No benefits low pay
sad
Cardiac medical surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 16, 2018
change can be positive or negative, too many negatives. time to cut my losses and go. typical management problems, fast tracking ppl that shouldnt be there in the first place
Very high paced,fulfilling,and educational atmosphere. People are very caring,and fun loving. They all work as team players eagar to help
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FloridaFebruary 5, 2018
This hospital has the most educated caregivers with great side manners. Treat each patient as if it's their only patient and their co-workers as family. Very rewarding experience and it was my pleasure to work for this hospital.
Pros
Continuing education, cross-training, competative pay, personal recognition, each employee treated with respect. Top quality facility
Cons
I had to move back to jacksonville due to divorce and custody issues
Stressful and unsafe
Sepsis Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Unsafe practices occurring on a weekly basis, patient's lives jeopardized, and harassment thrives there.

The culture refuses to change in order to provide better outcomes for patients and the community.
I was too green to know
CT/X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Fine tuned my x-ray skills
Learned about hospital ops and medical field through observation. Set up a nice transition to management when new hospital opened in 2002
underutilized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I feel the hospital was not prepared for open heart surgery. There was a new trauma center starting there, with grants from state government. Seemed they put all their energy and money into promoting this new venture.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
underutilized
Great Management
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Love working in my dept... Great team...from the Director all the way down! Very fast paced environment with a lot of patients to get through. Makes the day go quickly!
Pros
Good environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocala Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about