Ocala Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
RN CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 30, 2018
Work day never the same. Gained respect from MDs at facility for being focused on delivery of excellent care. Given responsibility to perform additional skills not associated with main job function. Worked with exceptional staff
Pros
Flexible wrok schedule, military leave
Cons
short breaks
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 25, 2018
ORMC was a terrific place to work. I would still be working there if I didn't have to move back to WV. I had to move back home because my grandmother was sick with cancer. I learned something new everyday.
Pros
exciting
Cons
long hard hours
Great people to work with
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 18, 2018
Great folks to work with and work for. Challenging work. Family environment. Close knit group of people who really do care about the patients. They also have pretty good food.
Pros
food
Cons
Need more techs.
A Great Place to Work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 31, 2018
I rate Ocala Regional Medical Center as a five star employer they are great with there employees, have great benefit packages and benefit programs during the year. It is a great place to work.
Maid up by day Supervisior
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 30, 2018
Kous
A lot
Very bad
A tad bit ok
Going in and doing somebody else work, and than having to do yours.
My days off
The job itself is wonderful but the management, when I tell you on my day back to work it’s alway something different that you have to do. I don’t mind working because that’s what I’m suppose to do but everytime I go in it’s another rule.
Community Hospital with a family feel with the poor pay of a for-profit hospital model
Clinical Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 27, 2018
Ocala Regional Medical Center has a "family feel" work environment, with a close relationship with most managers. However, it is a for-profit hospital so the pay and benefits are reflected by its for-profit status (low pay and not so great benefits). Not much in advancing your career unless you're willing to move to another one of the sister facility in another area in the country.
Pros
Fairly close-nit work environment
Cons
Low-pay
It was a great place to work and the hours were great.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Ocala Regional Medical Center and the work schedule was the ideal one for me at the time. The teammates were friendly and easy to get along with.
Avery busy,friendly&lovable work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed my 12yrs there..Working at ORMC has taught me alot. I enjoyed my patients, and the people i worked for. Ive meet all kinds of patients. Becoming a Truama hospital really was different. I ve drawn from truama patients, Sicu patients, Cvicu patients.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Shortbreaks
Ormc ocala
Registered Nurse in PACU (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Working at ORMC was wonderful. I had a great boss, flexible scheduling and excellent coworkers. The teamwork was great and we cared for a variety of trauma patients
Ormc
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 21, 2018
This company was very welcoming and I enjoyed working there. There were always mentors assisting nurses and other staff alike. We were educated on a weekly basis and were supported 100%.
Ocala Regional
Nurse Tech Float (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 7, 2018
wonderful facility to work for. Time management. Wonderful staff willing to teach you new items. Caring nurses when it came to patient care. It became about the patient
Strained employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 5, 2018
This hospital is small and takes on more patients than it can care for, pushing staff to limits and stuffing patients in hallways and closets with poor care. Admin picks and chooses who gets what jobs unfairly.
Techs are over used. They lag behind in other hospitals I have worked at in providing for the employees and benefits, and there is no gym or personal space for the employees. every break room is used for pt's room or storage, staff is left with nooks on the units.
Pros
hca is fair pay
Cons
no focus on employees and needs
Great Colleagues, Building Phase
ER Patient Advocacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 26, 2018
ORMC gave me the opportunity to pursue a lot of creative solutions to the task I was presented. Everyone on staff more than pulls their weight, the facility itself was built for a small town and is building to address the needs of a growing city.
very poor place to work
Blood Bank Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 22, 2018
I did not enjoy working there. I worked with very hostile employees and supervisors. the work environment throughout the facility was tense do to upper management focus on saving money at the expense of employees, such as sending employees home with the work load was lower and not having enough staff on heavy days. If you were unable to take breaks, especially with nursing staff, they wrote you up. 5 write ups and the employee was suspended. I can truly way it was the worse place I ever worked at.
Pros
employee picnic
Cons
employee harrassed by management
work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 4, 2018
This hospital was a good place to work that had comparable benefits to other hospitals in the area. I enjoyed my experience at this company and would recommend working here.
Working at ocala has shown me a different way of how is hospitals serve
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 29, 2018
On a typical day runner the operator Pbx broad making over pages in case of emergency like code blue trauma alert stroke making sure people get the areas in a safe and calm way
ER scribe
Emergency Department Scribe (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed learning and working with several physicians in the emergency department. However the work life balance was difficult with working overnight and having school in the morning.
RN Float Pool/ Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471April 28, 2018
Fast-paced environment with plenty opportunities to learn. Staff members worked as a team and it was a great learning experience. The doctors were great to work with!
Pros
Great teamwork and managament
Cons
short breaks
Poor management
Registered Nurse- Intensive Care unit (per diem) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 14, 2018
Poor management
good trauma docs
average nurse to patient ratios
intensive care unit modern and a nice unit to work in
co-workers helpful
good interdisciplinary team
Do what you can
RESEARCH FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 29, 2018
I volunteered there as a research fellow, which was an unpaid job. This was an attempt to secure a residency spot with ORMC. For anyone who is an upcoming MD, you already have an understanding of how that works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocala Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about