Occidental Petroleum Employee Reviews for Site Manager

Ratings breakdown
See reviews about
Great place to work. Very good people.
Lead Drill Site Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 5, 2015
Occidental Petroleum or Oxy was a great place to work. The people were amazing and gave me all the support I needed to do my job effectively and efficiently.
Great Experience
Drill Site Manager, Advisor and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Great Place, Great People. The times are hard and a lot of decisions had to be made. The cut is not always in your hands. The bottom line is all important. The school that I was teaching was very expensive and had to be cut at this time.
good job
Drill Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupman, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Always something different at work. Had different challenges, supervisor was always a call away. I enjoyed doing my job. Would keep you up late night.
DrillSite Manager
Drill Site Manager (DSM) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2015
o Managing drilling and completion operations as an onsite 24 hour supervisor.
o Ordering and scheduling delivery of materials and supplies.
o Coordinating tug barges with other islands and locations up to two weeks in advance.
o Managing crews, third party contractors, and supervisors. Up to fifty employees.
o Performing daily meetings with personnel to go over tasks, goals, and safety.
o Generating daily “plan forwards” to describe daily tasks for onsite personnel.
o Attending daily conference calls, pre job meetings, and coordination meetings with other departments.
o Calculating and planning depths, lengths, and volumes for casing and cement jobs.
o Work with state officials to obtain permit approvals and generating reports on work performed.
o Reporting hourly information to the company’s data base on the progress of the drilling operations.
o Managing daily spending and rental charges. Reporting charges in the company’s data base.
o Scheduling jobs and tasks to certain daylight hours for noise control in urban environments.
o Required to make important decisions based during time sensitive issues using experience and common knowledge.