Ocean's Eleven Casino Employee Reviews

Used to be good
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 2, 2017
It used to be a working family. Now it is a job.

The customers are nice, the employees are hard working but feel that they have no say. The location is good and that is it's redeeming factor.
High pace ,
Casino Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 15, 2017
Fun environment that was challenging. Customer service based position with many tasks, number incorporating and direct training of employees . Managing company's overall operation.
Pros
Training is hands on
Cons
Unique hours, non paid vacation or sick house work most if not all holidays.
The only good thing about working there is the tips. You take home about $100 a night. Other than that its pretty bad. Theres no benefits and they mak
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 23, 2017
It's not a good place to work. Management doesn't have your back and the rules are always handled depending on the customer. Management doesn't appreciate it's employees
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
Great Atmosphere
Ca - Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 30, 2017
The co-workers were warm and inviting, an always willing to help. One of the best groups of people I worked with ever. I enjoyed the customer staff interaction.
Pros
Great People
Cons
GM was not there on my shift
Fun environment to work in
Low Limit Room Boards (Seater) (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 28, 2017
A typical day at work started with me answering phone calls about poker tournaments and other special deals or offers. I would also seat patrons in the order that they came in, and make changes to seating assignments if a patron had a specific table or chair that they preferred. I was also in charge of rotating the dealers to different tables and making sure that they received their breaks. Another responsibility of mine was to walk around the room and scan all patrons points cards so that they can receive special offers or deals.
Pros
The tips were pretty amazing
Not Very Professional
N/A (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 4, 2016
My job is pretty stress free, but the hours can be short.
Coworkers are wonderful. Management is very slow in replying to questions or providing conflicting answers with other management. Getting a raise is impossible. People in charge speak negative about alot of people, play favorites, and talk unprofessionally.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
No raise...ever.
Once a wonderful place to work and play
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 19, 2015
The original management team was intent on creating and preserving a fun community atmosphere among employees and customers. Radical changes in management team after the recession of 2008-2009 destroyed that atmosphere. Reduced dealer break time, cancellation of generous food pricing for customers, addition of off-track race betting and frequent must-be-present-to-win drawings creates an uncomfortably loud environment for players and staff.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
hostile management (frequent memos ending with "...up to and including termination.), unpredictable criteria for maintaining employer contribution to health-care coverage, subtle wage theft, disappearing employee break facility
Fast pace, customer service, working with large sums of cash and casino chips
Cage Manager-Cage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Work days were always very fast pace. Most co-workers were very nice and easy to work with. I really enjoyed the interaction with the customers, most of whom I'd known for many years .
I loved being a manager, working with all the employees (30+) in my department.
The hardest part of the job was when an employee would call out and I would have to do double duties. I was available 24 hours and would get phone calls at all hours, day or night. Also, it was hard when one of the employees didn't balance at the end of their shifts.
It was a great day when every employee in my department balanced at the end of the work day.
It gave me great pride when I trained a new employee and they were able to thrive at their new job.
I enjoyed learning new computer programs and teaching the cage cashiers how to use them. I enjoyed creating new spreadsheets or logs to be used in my department
I enjoyed balancing the end of day paperwork and filing all the report that needed to be done, some with deadlines.
Pros
Free lunchs, bonus
Cons
long work days
challenging
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 5, 2014
balance cash drawer & poker chip drawer. Converting poker chips into cash or converting cash into poker chips. ATM cash advances
how to ensure, your cash drawer & poker chip drawer balanced at all times.
co-workers were always helpful.
customers losing money at the poker tables.
customers that came in daily, that you become friends with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare
Awesome place to work
Tournament Director (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 26, 2012
My day would be very busy and high demands. I loved the challenge, co-workers, and customers. The long hours would have to be the hardest part of the job
Pros
benefits, co-workers, customers
Cons
Manage/address all computer/software/hardware/network issues; Manage/address all surveillance equipment issues (cameras/ DVR's)
IT/SURVEILLANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CA 92054May 20, 2012
Check all cameras and recording equipment on a daily basis. I've gained a lot of knowledge on surveillance equipment. The management is precise and to the point, which is good. I work well with all the co-workers at the company. They all seem very knowledgeable in their field. The hardest part of the job is coordinating/getting vendor support on weekends. I enjoy working with the various people in the company.
Pros
comped meals for management, such as myself.
Cons
commute (el cajon to oceanside)