OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Review

View all OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE reviews

Very friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 15, 2013
I enjoyed working at OCC. I was lucky enough to assigned a reserve administrative assistant position that lasted for a year. Unfornately, due to cut-backs at the college, I did not get the position permanently. I still do however reserve at the college bookstore and love it.

Other OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Finals sucked
Peer Tutor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 1, 2018
Every semester the hard working individuals came in on a regular basis. We enjoyed helping these students as you could see the student improve right in front of you. But when finals came along you would see students come out of no where and expect us to teach them the curriculum in thirty minutes. Not fun.
Occ
Adjunct Faculty, English Dept (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 1, 2018
The staff at OCC is fantastic, and for the most part, the dean and supervisors are supportive. However, the college is very disorganized and makes mistakes all the time.

I once taught an English class and was not told that the text book had changed until 5pm on the first day of classes. The information was not given in an e-mail and no meetings were held. I looked like an idiot in front of my class when I told them about the mistake. That is not the first time that mishaps have gone on.

Opportunities to become a full time professor = 0
Pros
Great teachers, very dedicated
Cons
No healthcare