Ocean Dental Employee Reviews

fast paced work environment
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2018
I have not had any raises for the 5 years I've worked there I make the same amount I did from day one

They have passed me over for a full time position 3 different times
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
pay is not competitive
A Joke
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2018
Corporate needs to get a clue! The turn over rate is ridiculous. The district manager is being paid to pretty much harrass the employees, lie, and be non resourceful. To just be a body or shall we say “maintenance man”, as he takes pride and presidence in fixing light fixtures and vacuums over the important matters such as fraudulent billing, REALLY??!!?? Family means nothing unless it’s his, cus he always has to leave, even though he’s the last one on in, oh and let’s not forget his lack of travel to his 3-4 other locations. Whenever presented with a combative situation he flees to his office, NEVER makes his self available to assist ALWAYS redirects to the office manger. I could write a book about this place and it’s poor management, lack of compassion, work place harassment, fraudulent activity, etc., but their isn’t enough space here in this box for that!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
9 hour shifts
Somewhat stable
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  FORT SMITH, ARDecember 7, 2018
Upper Management should work harder on listening to all employees without being one sided. Was a good place to work at first and has gone downhill with ethical behavior and fairness.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Not the best place for assistants.
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ClevelandOctober 22, 2018
High turn over rate, unfair environment for patients and staff, lacking proper management, below average wages, compromised hours, most patients are rude and late which backs up the entire day nearly everyday.
Pros
Cons
Many
Great Potential
Billing Specialist/Chairside Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 19, 2018
Has potential to be a great company need better management skills. Needs better interaction on a clinical levels instead of mainstreaming all process from a corporate level.
Great Place to work
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74074May 7, 2018
Of all the jobs I had, I missed this one the most. It was hard to say goodbye. On rating on Job Security I put four out of five stars due to the fluctuation on the payment scales of medicaid. I worked there during the Obama-era. Because Ocean Dental was proposed to provide quality care to patients with medicaid, because of budget cuts in medicaid Ocean Dental suffered. Ocean Dental is a very adaptable company, they were adapting their market when I left. No one tries harder to help the employees succeed. This job is also good for college students paying their own way.
Not the greatest
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 5, 2017
I worked at Ocean 3 years. In that time frame I worked with 18 different doctors. Very poor placement of doctor rotation when there is not a permnant doc. Same as all cooporations, high turnover and changes daily
Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Difficult job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Basically I did the work of 2 people my entire employment. If it weren't for my practice manager and coworkers I'd have left a long time ago. Some of the hardest working women I know in that clinic and I respect the heck out of them for staying as long as they have. They dealt with more than I did!

Corporate is concerned only about numbers and how much you can make the company. Thus their high turnover. When your employees don't feel appreciated for the long hours they put into their work only to be told constantly what you did "wrong" then they feel a need to get out.

Benefits are okay but job security was lacking.
Pros
Hour lunch and closeness to my house.
Cons
It's a corporation.
Met lifelong friends great paitents
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 29, 2016
I loved working with the clinical staff, however they would hire managers with no dental experience and expect us to leave the big decisions up to them (same day treatment , etc) loved our patients that came through . Horrible turn over for management and staff. Cooperate only cares about their money, and if you aren't making enough money for them THAT day u never hear the end of it. Even when you have vacation and sick days and you use them they still were reluctant to approve the time. But you do get excellent pay and benefits. That's how they get you -_-
Pros
Health insurance benefits
Cons
Patient flow, very little room for advancement in the same clinic
great place
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2018
team work is great. wish I had a full time job there. had ice people to work with. have friends that been there for years. they seem good and happy. it was ok
Doesn't care for employees and plays favorites
DA (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 18, 2012
Don't waste your time....lowest pay they can get you for. No christmas bonus....no raises besides the one you get once a year...company so big that the people who really could give you a raise never really even see you work and never know what your worth. No matter what you do, missing no days putting up with rude and or belittling Drs....you are still just a replaceable employee (dime a dozen). They like to bring new people in and put them in high positions even if you've been with the company forever and deseve the position. It's a slave job for sure, they'll work you to death and expect you to do it fast.....I could go on and on...just not worth it.
Pros
it's a job pays the bills
Cons
listed below
Don't bother you will be miserable
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 7, 2012
They started out as a good family oriented company, but that soon changed when the money was more important then the employees. They stopped giving christmas bonuses, froze everyones pay, but went out and bought a personal jet. Got new managers who would not allow you to attend school (which was a previous arrangement), would not let you take off for doctor appointments (even when you had PTO), and continued to make it impossible for people with families to work there. If you arrived one minute late you where given a point after so many points you would be written up, and there was no parking so you would have to drive around the block to park on the street walk to the building, unlock it, get to your desk get your computer up and running to clock in.
Pros
decent pay, and benefits
Cons
harrasement, not family oriented, not education oriented
bad place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2018
Fast pace, Do not care about patient treatment
Employees are treated unfairly....for example if the manager there do not like you....there would be lies told to corporate office...they will them come down call you in the office give you a paper to sign even if you did not do what was said...the manager was always right no questions asked....you would be written up and next thing you know you was fired.....everyone that I worked with was written up there...
Pros
Cons
heathcare
Terrible Company
All standard dental assisting duties (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2018
I watched the doctor drill through a patients cheek and got upset with me when I tried to mention it to him. Maybe because we were still working on the patient, but still, he should have listened to me when I was only looking out for the patient.
Friendly place to work
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
The Ocean Dental at Tulsa Garnett is well run and organized. I had a great work experience there. I enjoyed my colleagues and was well equipped to perform my duties
Pros
large patient base, friendly staff
Cons
Youthful patient base, there may be a learning curve
pot luck dinners, monthly birthday recognition with cake
Customer Service, Team Management (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 15, 2016
It's a call center for scheduling, so the hardest part was actually sitting all day. The benefits were good, with bonuses depending on your quota. I made many friends there that I'm still in contact with. A typical work day consisted of taking one inbound call after another and assisting patients with scheduling dental appointments. It was a fast paced job with lots of multi-tasking.
Pros
bonuses, some meals, gift cards
Cons
working in a basement, sitting all day, on the phone
Movie Theather
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 19, 2018
i like helping people and i learned that we should help one another the work culture was no problem at work the hardest part of my job was when i couldnt help a family. The most enjoyable part of my job is we treated each other like family.
Compensation and benefits comparable to industry standards
Patient Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 25, 2017
Compensation and benefits are comparable to others in healthcare industry. Work hours are good with some positions requiring work on Saturdays but no night shifts.
Worst place to work at
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 8, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there ...you’ll regret it ! Poor pay , poor management, office assistant does a lot for little, feel bad for the dentist and the hygienist really nice people just poor management.
Pros
Cons
Hour lunch unpaid for and mouses
Productive Environment & Great Team
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Relaxed yet very productive environment. The team that I work with is very supportive and they are always willing to help when I have questions or when a problem arises. Our management team is dedicated to a vision of excellence for our company. Very excited about the future of Ocean Dental!
Pros
Hour lunch, working close to home, great manager, fun team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight