Ocean Dental Employee Reviews

Terrible Company
All standard dental assisting duties (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2018
I watched the doctor drill through a patients cheek and got upset with me when I tried to mention it to him. Maybe because we were still working on the patient, but still, he should have listened to me when I was only looking out for the patient.
Friendly place to work
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
The Ocean Dental at Tulsa Garnett is well run and organized. I had a great work experience there. I enjoyed my colleagues and was well equipped to perform my duties
Pros
large patient base, friendly staff
Cons
Youthful patient base, there may be a learning curve
fast paced work environment
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2018
I have not had any raises for the 5 years I've worked there I make the same amount I did from day one

They have passed me over for a full time position 3 different times
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
pay is not competitive
Great Place to work
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74074May 7, 2018
Of all the jobs I had, I missed this one the most. It was hard to say goodbye. On rating on Job Security I put four out of five stars due to the fluctuation on the payment scales of medicaid. I worked there during the Obama-era. Because Ocean Dental was proposed to provide quality care to patients with medicaid, because of budget cuts in medicaid Ocean Dental suffered. Ocean Dental is a very adaptable company, they were adapting their market when I left. No one tries harder to help the employees succeed. This job is also good for college students paying their own way.
Movie Theather
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 19, 2018
i like helping people and i learned that we should help one another the work culture was no problem at work the hardest part of my job was when i couldnt help a family. The most enjoyable part of my job is we treated each other like family.
Workplace Culture
Front Office/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 10, 2018
Arrived at 7:15 am first patient is not til 8am. Open front door logon all computers clockin and clean front office and wipe every thing. Second employee to come in will start the dental area go over the floors. While I am listening to voicemails.
Worst place to work at
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 8, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there ...you’ll regret it ! Poor pay , poor management, office assistant does a lot for little, feel bad for the dentist and the hygienist really nice people just poor management.
Pros
Cons
Hour lunch unpaid for and mouses
bad place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2018
Fast pace, Do not care about patient treatment
Employees are treated unfairly....for example if the manager there do not like you....there would be lies told to corporate office...they will them come down call you in the office give you a paper to sign even if you did not do what was said...the manager was always right no questions asked....you would be written up and next thing you know you was fired.....everyone that I worked with was written up there...
Pros
Cons
heathcare
Patient Scheduling
Patient scheduler (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 29, 2018
It was a bit difficult to deal with because people called with a lot of problems that could only be solved by the clinics themselves, and the clinics would not take the calls. So you were needing to handle problems that you could not possibly solve.
Productive Environment & Great Team
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Relaxed yet very productive environment. The team that I work with is very supportive and they are always willing to help when I have questions or when a problem arises. Our management team is dedicated to a vision of excellence for our company. Very excited about the future of Ocean Dental!
Pros
Hour lunch, working close to home, great manager, fun team
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 15, 2018
hey are not a great place to work. They treat patient horrible along with there employees. One minute they are nice next thing you know you are being wrote up for something you have no idea what they are talking about
Pros
Cons
everything
Need more positive management
Office Administrator/Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2017
Multiple locations with base leadership located in Oklahoma. Not much on site leadership. Very busy offices with under privlidged patients. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping all patients.
Poor Management
Office Assistant/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 26, 2017
Management is poor. Hard to get off without being made to feel guilty. Ex: It took a miracle to get off for my wedding because i missed the month before due to a parent passing away. I never missed work. To many chiefs and not enough indians. Company is a sinking ship.
ocean dental
Patient Scheduler/Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 21, 2017
great place to work for college students. staff is easy to work with. all training provided, only downside is rude clients across the United states in multiple offices
Float Dental Assistant
Duties as extended chair side/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2017
In the beginning there were lots of hours to work, but slowly slowed down. I would recommend this place for employment, just understand you are working for a corporation.
Not the greatest
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 5, 2017
I worked at Ocean 3 years. In that time frame I worked with 18 different doctors. Very poor placement of doctor rotation when there is not a permnant doc. Same as all cooporations, high turnover and changes daily
Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Fun work environment
Dental Hygienist Temp (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be fast paced. There are a lot if children who need to be seen. The employees are professional and treat all of their patients with care. The management is firm, but fair and the employees work well with each other. The hardest part of the job is seeing children with decay and poor oral hygiene. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can educate them to improve their oral health and make the cleanings enjoyable, not scary.
Pros
Easygoing and friendly staff
Cons
May have to work overtime depending on patient load
dental Assistant
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2017
completed exams, x-rays, and procedures
cleaned and sterilized rooms and instruments
provided doctor with chair side assistants
worked with an oral surgeon two times a month
Horrible place to work!!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 9, 2017
This place is seriously so terrible! The manager ojay is an idiot I got pretty much harassed/bullied everyday and nobody never did anything about it!
Cons
Terrible Work Environment!!!!
Patient scheduler "PSA" ocean dental
PSA (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 14, 2017
Awful experience, Not only do you have to stick to the script, they screen your calls. Too many different managers and I left after one month, Terrible.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
daily headache

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight