Ocean Downs Casino Employee Reviews

Worst place
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDApril 6, 2019
Nope just nope. Never worked for such a horrible place until here. Seriously not worth the money. The employees are a bunch of 2 faced people. HR AND MANAGEMENT never helps. Pay is low. Just nope. Never again.
Pros
Cons
Everything and everything
Do not work here
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDMarch 18, 2019
They do not care about employees. The head of food and beverage makes all the decisions from upper management and never listens to their lower management. There is no communication between any managers whatsoever. If an employee has any input on anything it gets swept under a rug. If you work here you are just a mindless worker that's all they see you as. You're never complimented on anything you are just fired if you miss any work. I quit but while I was there I saw a lots of people get fired one in particular who was pregnant and they fired her, for a missing 3 days.
stupid place
security (Former Employee) –  ocJanuary 31, 2019
Idiots in charge. Lot of Mickey mouse rules. Can't talk to each other, or to other employees. Not allowed to talk to customers. It is an idiot place to work. Supervisor thinks he is Good and yells all the time. Security boss is an idiot to keep coming up with Mickey mouse rules. I would not recommend this place to the Viet Nam natives. I can't think of one positive thing to say about this place
Pros
free sodas
Cons
everything is expensive
I liked the managers in my dept. I am not sure about the other departments. The pay is not that great, but they worked around my full time job.
Coat check (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDOctober 8, 2018
I liked my dept. The people were pleasant. The managers were nice and relaxed. Not all departments are that way, but I had an excellent work environment.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough pay
Low salary, micro management, rushed and stressful environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Low salary, poorly managed, very high expectations on employees with little compensation.

Micro management via surveillance cameras by all departments.
Pros
Free Coffe and soft drinks, reduced meal prices
Cons
Difficult work environment
Too much Politics
Server (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDAugust 21, 2018
Too much politics, Reasoning and Improving policies are not proactively reviewed to come to better understanding and improvement of working conditions for all. Adult like behavior and professionality is a rear commodity in some important matters. Staff want friends in order to work as a team player more than they want coworkers who will help and get the job done, and mind you some staff members aren’t friend material or up to the standards of moral cooperativeness.
Management isn’t really management just puppets who are micro managed with no real authority.
It’s not about how well you do your job rather how deep up the a of your superiors you are and how you play a particular Political/Kiss A GAME. Which, I like chest, I’ll play cards, I don’t gamble and I left primary school a long time ago so I’m a straight forward woman who does not play games. No wonder they have a high employee turnover. As well as I wasn’t making the kind of money they presume I would be making.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
It presumes to be an ok place to work if you are a sheep
Intersting environment to work
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ocean Pines, MDApril 19, 2018
Would recomend this job. At times difficult dealing with public but good experience. Security department is professional at all times. Benefits are good. Pay could be a little higher for supervisor
Pros
Good work environment
Casino
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ocean Pines, MDDecember 20, 2017
I was a slot attendant. Very slow paced during the winter. Starting rate was fairly low i believe 9.50 might have changed by now. Union dues. Not the best work environment since everything you do is watched. Would not recommend.
Good Benefits!
Slot Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDApril 6, 2015
This is a job that pays better during the summer season. Its a very small establishment for a casino. Good benefits for FT's.
Pros
FT & PT available
Cons
Late work hours starting out. Seniority based system.
productive
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  marylandSeptember 19, 2014
enjoyed this job and they helped me learn more about computers and were very nice