Ocean Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Stressful
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood NjSeptember 9, 2018
The staff was amazing as well as doctors. The practice director was miserable and made everything so hectic. The patient influx was normal at first there after the practice director and upper management thought we were octopus’s and could do a million things without the proper amount of time.
Productive and fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 27, 2018
Very organized, very focus on everything they do.
The culture, is a team player mindset.
Management is amazing, very assertive in every decision they make.
I enjoy everything from dealing with patient's, answering calls, making appointments. My co-workers are amazing, including my manager.
Pros
Very organized
Cons
nothing
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 11, 2018
I have been here for five years and have no complaints!! The staff here is super nice and they are so flexible with the scheduling. The company picnic and holiday parties are amazing!!
Pathetic
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 30, 2017
Dysfunctional place to work. No direction. A people mill - hire and fire mentality. Here it's all about the money. Nasty top officer, who is filled with drama who always finds fault with every little trivial thing. She needs to get a clue. So much favoritism its sickening. Lack of leadership and management will bring this place down.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Top Officer and lousy leadership
Productive and Busy
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Best Customer Service around and they achieve to have the best family oriented facilities around. They care of the well being of the workers and patients.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Busy
OceanHealth Initiatives, INC.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at OHI, everyone is very nice and fun to be around. Security team is awesome! supervisor at the Lakewood site is the BEST. OHI is a great opportunity to grow and learn
Productive very interesting
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 12, 2017
Very busy office always learning new things as far as medical field. Hardest part of the job I would say is keeping up with time. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is accommodating patients with their needs.
Day at work
Patient Care Navigator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 29, 2016
Having worked at Ocean health initiatives for 8 years, has made me grow not only as a professional individual but also as a person. Every day at work feels as though I am working with family. I love how everyone is close to one another and we help each other out and always work as a team. I contact patients on a daily basis to confirm that they have understood what the provider has told them. I also help them with any appointments and or referrals they need completed.
Provider benefits are good
Provider (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJune 21, 2017
Providers are given excellent time off benefits which helps balance quality of life. Unfortunately, no growth opportunities for providers and poor leadership skills by upper management.
Pros
Able to communicate with providers rapidly and provide great service to patients.
Cons
Poor leadership
Fast paced enviroment with no opportunity for growth
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 10, 2013
Fast paced office in a Federally Qualified Health Care Center, with the focus on they're patients.
OHI has given me the opportunity to gain work experience in a new skill, with the negatives being software issues with our digital imaging, which makes for a difficult day on both the patients, and employees.
As, far as the pros, OHI has an event committee which organizes monthly days, such as recently international day, with cultural food.
Pros
Opportunity to help the community
Cons
Primary care with dental dept. with limited procedures. No growth opportunity
Horrible Place To Work.....
Doctor (Former Employee) –  Ocean CountyMarch 16, 2015
Horrible treatment. Top chief in command is a nightmare - uses fear, intimidation and hostility to rule. dominate and fire employees. Total lack of respect. Filled with drama and anger routinely, lacks ability to lead and is totally unprofessional while being completely arrogant and narcissistic. Does nothing all day but beat people up and treats hard working people like they are garbage.
Pros
my coworkers and the patients
Cons
Everything else about this place
Consistent hours, Consistent pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 16, 2014
I have always loved working for OHI. They treat their employees very well. Sometimes I do not always agree with upper management but then again, who always agrees with their bosses. Overall, they offer good health care benefits, and is a great company to work for in the long term. Just don't expect that much more than what you start off making. Raises are few and far between. I have learned a lot of managerial tasks from upper management, and I have learned so much information within the health care field. Every last one of my co workers are nice, and wonderful to be around.
Pros
good benefits, consistent hours, great co workers, flexible hours, many locations
Cons
questionable management at time, un friendly procedures, a lot of red tape at times
Horrible management/work environment!!
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Horrible mangement. Hostile work environment. No regard for employees work/life balance. No consistency. No decent parking. No class. No sense of security Period. Run and block to protect yourselves because that is what management does. They block the stairwell to protect themselves and leave everyone else to fend for themselves if a patient becomes irrate.
Terrible work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 13, 2016
Management makes it the worst place to work. good enough is never good enough. Very unprofessional. There is no life/work balance. For management work is always first and family is last if ever an option. Not a place to work if you have a family. No convenient parking if any parking at all.
Management not very approachale
Advanced Practice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJ 08701January 26, 2017
I do not want to further evaluate this work place further than I have. Had a very negative experience in the place.Sorry this is all I can tell you about this work place.
Pros
the physician I worked with was very supportive
Cons
Managment did not encourage indiciduality
Work day
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2016
The company is based out of Arizona, yet I live in NJ. I worked for a few different Walmarts near my home, administering Influenza and other vaccinations. The pay was surprisingly good, and the hours of flexibility worked well for me. I was able to make my own schedule and work where I wanted to!
great people
Certified Medical Assistan (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 16, 2013
OHI is a great place to work only because the physicians really care about helping patients and getting them the care they need. Everyone who works in OHI really go out of their way to help. I just wish pay was better for everything that the medical assistants do.
Good learning experience
Patient Access Representative - Externship (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMarch 9, 2017
As an externship, I learned all of the ropes to medical billing. It allowed me to start at the bottom with clerical work. I knew I could move forward after the externship.
Management ignorant
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 1, 2016
I have been working for 25 years and have never been spoken to/treated in such a demeaning fashion. Patient care stinks. How does Lakewood Healthcare get away with it?
Pros
Cons
You feel despised and demeaned
good
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 7, 2017
I enjoy working. No matter where or for what company. I am always looking to improve myself. I am looking to work closer to home and make more money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

Ocean Health Initiatives Reviews by Location