OceanFirst Bank Employee Reviews

a change for the worst
AVP/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, NJSeptember 24, 2018
At one time the company was a pleasure to work for until they started to expand and purchase up other banks. They pushed to hard and to fast on the expansion which caused a ton of employee turn over and a very large gap in communication.
Great place overall.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJAugust 17, 2018
OceanFirst was a great company to work for. They helped with education expenses. It was easy to advance if you were interested and you did well. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Just liked it.
Cons
None.
Was able to work independently as well as within a group.
Part Time HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 28, 2018
I did a lot of computer work and was very good with excel at that time. Did reports for HR staff as needed, and I made sure turnaround met their needs.
Productive and Fun
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 21, 2018
When OceanFirst Bank opened in 1902, our founders believed in supporting and growing our local community. Children are learning the importance of saving with OceanFirst KidSaveSmart accounts. Newlyweds are buying a first home to start their families with an OceanFirst mortgage. Families can finance the education of the next generation with a home equity line of credit. And people secure their future with OceanFirst accounts that help them to prepare for retirement.

With branches conveniently located throughout Central and Southern New Jersey, there's always an OceanFirst banking expert close by, ready to lend a hand and help you realize your dreams, during every stage of your life.
Too busy acquiring to notice internal failures
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedMay 3, 2018
Fast-paced environment focused on growth, but without a clear strategy other than becoming a big bank. Unable to recognize process inefficiencies or non-compliance with regulatory standards.

Needs a culture shift, but executive management still holds "ivory tower" ideals.

On the positive side, there is little micromanagement.
Typical bank job
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Linwood, NJApril 19, 2018
A bank will always be a bank, and so its typical office behavior. The branch I worked at was awesome, but can get quite catty. Management is there but not really involved. Pay ok.
Pros
401k, Pto
Cons
shorts breaks, upper management
Maintenance
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJFebruary 11, 2018
Maintenance, Mail delivery/pickup for daily route
Handle day to day facilities issues at branches

Cover a route of about 100 miles per day.

Love working with the people that I work with
Interesting, employees got along at work. Administration was good to us. Job was interesting and fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 13, 2017
I had a great job experience. My boss is now a contact for my present job searches.
It was a very interesting place to work
The administration was very good with us
Learned a lot of secretarial things
Enjoyed the position
Pros
Good people, good pay, good hours, good vacation days
Cons
Some employees didn't get along well with others.
Modern
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2017
Bank is well established. Has been around for several years. OceanFirst cares about the communities they are located in and does a lot of volunteering.
work performance
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mantua, NJMay 17, 2017
My customer service and banking skills are great. I have been with this company 13 years. I am looking forward to expanding my career in banking ...
OceanFirst Bank
Loan Originations (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 16, 2015
A small, community bank that is growing fast. Recently, there was a change of hands in upper management. The bank is now moving in a much different direction - larger branches, larger towns, and a focus on commercial lending.
Bent Pages Book Store
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 15, 2014
A friend of mine purchased this book store, but had another in a neighboring town.

He knew I was looking for a job and knew I loved reading, so he asked me if I wanted to go into a partnership with him. He'd do the financial part and I'd run the store.

It was a "used" bookstore and one of my favorite places to work. Unfortunately, due to the location, the mall was closed down and we had to close the store.
I learned a lot
Lead Retail Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 5, 2013
The department I worked in was based on teamwork and serving our customers, internal and external. It was a fast paced environment with high phone call volume. I had to multitask and prioritize. I built some strong relationships with my coworkers unfortunately the prospect for advancement was not available in the back office environment which ultimately led to me decision to leave and pursue a new career in medical offices.
Great place to work and plenty of opportunity for advancement
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 26, 2012
I worked for Ocean First Bank for 17 years and achieved wonderful opportunities to advace my caree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OceanFirst Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about