Play YouTube video button

United States1,687 reviews
Found 1,687 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Ochsner Health System selected this as a representative review
Ochsner is a professional place to begin a career
Ochsner is patient oriented. They do accept input from the staff and implement changes if needed. Ochsner does have multiple opportunities over various locations. They have developed a culture of diversity and work to help staff realize their full potential.
Good place to work but low wages
This company offers great job stability but the pay is extremely low. Customer happiness is placed above the happiness and concerns of the nurse. Instead of paying a decent wage the company buys the workers cups, mugs, and pens as a token of appreciation.
Fairly good employer overrall
Ochsner is about the patient and the patient experience.
If you're in it just for a job and money then you're in the wrong place to do this. They often do not pay as much as the other health care systems. In the past year or so they have diverted from work-life balance and focused more on micro-managing some areas. When they wre focused on the employee as well as the patient then things worked better. This may depend on the department and specific people in the management positions. They are often quick to write you up for something even something small in comparison to other things and are sometimes unforgiving. Last year they were doing evals for employees and many had good/meets expectations or exceeds expectations and were on target to get their raise at the end of their quarters but then management found ways to write them up before the end of the quarter which prevented them from getting the raise. They went out of their way to do this. Yes it happed to me but it happened to many, many people at least in the Baton Rouge region and we all assumed this was due to the new clinic off of I-10 that went over budget and also cuts in insurance reimbursement. It's sad that they did this to people that have worked there for a very long time. Know that when you have worn out your welcome or if they want you out they will work to push you out the door so that they do not have to pay unemployment. I enjoyed working at Ochsner for many years and my patients loved me but new nursing managers that came into the departments made life difficult for well establshed employees that kept
 - more...
Total Chaos
Been with them several years and only got a .75 an hour raise. Frustration is high and management needs overhauled. People are supervisors with no people skills and inability to handle their position At times you feel bullied and not important just another number. Over worked, underpayed and unappreciated
My co works
To say its a hospital they don't care about the employees health. When your sick and have to take leave they want you to call every day even though they know you are going to be out for two weeks.
Great company to work for
Great company to work for. Very organized. Duties are clearly defined. Work environment is safe and geared toward teamwork. Ochsner cares about each of its employees.
It's ok if you just want to work
It's ok to work there, management only see you as a body working, doesn't care if you have to do anything for you or your family first.if you are 5mins late more than 3times a month termination
You will wear many hats(job) but only get paid for one
It a good place to start when you fresh out of school and you need experience or you just need a job until you find what you want. To retire from here only if you a door Greeter. This company over work all of their employees from doctors, nurses, phlebotomists, lab technician and respiratory etc. Then pay the average wage really! A lot of times you not just doing a one person job. I Had many hats (job) at this company..
A place to get your experience and move on
I loved my OR team.They openly discriminate against African Americans at OMC & management is a joke. The turnover rate is high with management & staff. You are indeed just a number there. Almost always overworked and not appreciated. They don't care about their employees. You have no room for advancement unless you're apart of the click. They will find a reason not to give you your yearly raise. Get your experience and move on.
Good place to Work
Very laid back atmosphere. Everyone is willing to help each other out. Benefits are good. We get plenty of time off and managers are willing to work with you if additional personal time is needed.
Ochsner is a great place to work for.
Ochsner is a great place to work for. Ochsner rewards employee with little gifts, Sometimes you would get a free breakfast or lunch. Ochsner gave you two 12 min. breaks a day.
Wonderful
Wonderful place of a company to be apart of. Not only that they take good care of there patients they also take good care of their employees. Working here has taught me a lot.
Very inclusive workplace
Working for this company has been a blessing. This company appreciates every employee that works for them. This place was more of a family to me than just a job.
a good place to work
i really enjoyed working at ochsner,the pay was good,as was the hours.the only thing i didnt like was housekeeping management staff,
they were very unprofessional.
Phlebotomists
What stands out to me is that I get to work in every department with different patients in different age ranges. The management here is great they work with my school schedule and help me balance my time that I need to work. I’ve learned a lot from Ochsner now I have more experience in all departments.
good for travel nurses
ochsner is a large corp with many different hospitals. I only worked at one so I can only reflect on one. westbank. good to travelers. you must double, triple check your schedule. there will often be a considerable difference between what is given as your schedule and what appears a week later.
Good
Great place to work. Great benefits and 401k opportunities. They do not offer comparable to compensation and do not offer many bonuses throughout the year. Great place to learn.
Good company
Nice company to work ! patient friendly . You will have to have a good and respectful personality to work there. patient matter the most . Company is wonderful to work
Worst CT Department in New Orleans
Unbelievable experience!!! Have been in healthcare for 20 years and worked for major hospital systems so I expect some ignorance and dysfunction but this place goes so far and beyond, I had to check my sanity. I am used to working short staffed in a fast paced environment but what they do is abuse their employees, back up patient care and then somehow it's your fault. They either have to hire agency techs, x-ray techs who want to learn CT (who will train and immediately quit after passing the CT test) or offer a sign-on bonus to lock-in an unsuspecting tech from another state into a 2 year contract. The turnover rate is ridiculous and they absolutely don't care. Worst experience of my career, dreaded driving in to work every time. Childish games. Please don't waste your time. As long as the unprofessional manager stays in place nothing will change. Patients and employees deserve so much more. You will regret it
Productive and encouraging environment
This is a good place to work at . The leadership is cordial and supportive.
The staff is very cooperative and sensitive to the needs. The medical professionals/providers are welcoming and maintain a good relationship.
Lots of experience opportunity
Plenty of experience opportunities for those looking for it. I have a bit of dislike for the way some of the departmental stuff is handled but otherwise a good experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.