Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Ochsner Health System selected this as a representative review
Awesome work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 16, 2019
I worked at Ochsner several years until I moved to Alabama.My experience there was excellent.They treat you like part of the team and always willing to listen to your concerns.Great managers and many opportunities to advance and to further your education.Patient oriented company that gives top of the line care
Fantastic work-life balance
Senior Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 2, 2018
My current position offers me opportunity to work from home some days, flex scheduling, chances to interact with senior leadership and prove myself to earn advancement and other benefits. My management and team is fantastic to work with, interacts well, and collaborates well. I love that I am not micromanaged in my position, but rather given the opportunity to do what I do best and perform my job.
Great Company, Poor Management, Poor Pay
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJanuary 7, 2019
The company is great, Caters to employee with career fair and training, beat systems, but the compensation is low, They will tell you you can get a raise and advance in positions after a year. The raise is 2% of your income, and depending on your occurrences. Advancing could be great if managers would be willing to release your info to other departments.
Foot in the door
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 28, 2019
Great company to work for , good benefits, nice atmosphere between coworkers. There is always someone you can call for help . It seems like everyone is cohesively working together to take care of the patient. Effective communication. I fill like yes their maybe some people who have negative thoughts about this company but it’s about what you make of your surroundings. You have to focus on your goals and were you want to be .
Pros
Overall good job
Work Flow
Information Systems Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJuly 19, 2018
Start off taking care of issues with printers and system around all 10 west bank facilities travelling to each facility and solving network, Printer PC and software issues. Also Completing Project and Pending installs of delivered equipment. The Best Part of the job was you were pretty much your own boss and took care of your on facilities and got to know a lot of employees in the other departments

Their wasn't really a hard part except I took care of all 10 west bank facilities by myself so I had to create a work flow to Make sure all were taken care of and happy with their service
Pros
Good Vacation Time and Hoiliday pay
Cons
after reaching their salary cap you would only get a 15 to 30 cent raise yearly
Progressive thinking,Great Work Environment, Patients First
Supervisor, 4 years (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2018
Great work environment and opportunities for advancement. Although, there should be more diversity in Leadership. I like the autonomy. I feel my opinion counts.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Health Benefits
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 27, 2018
Highly recommend it a great work place , especially if you are looking for a place to relocate, very nice and friendly staff. Several location and great opportunity for growth. Excellent Benefits and modern technology.
Pros
Lots of community events
Cons
Fair Pay
PRE SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 14, 2018
Good place to work, just no room for advancement. I'm currently working from home. I have learned a lot, but when my review came up I didn't get my raise.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No cons
stressful to work at this time
Outpatient Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LASeptember 14, 2018
this company used to be a very good place to work. it has become so stressful with sooo many managers in between, so many different changes on a weekly basis. it's just mentally consuming and exhausting, messes with your morale.
Pros
pretty good benefits
Cons
no job advancement, no job education, too many changes weekly
Great company
Vascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 30, 2018
Overall great company to work for with favorable benefits. They are active in the community and have a strong workplace culture. Management and physicians are friendly and easy to work with.
Supportive work environment with friendly coworkers
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 11, 2018
Team work from colleagues and management promotes healthy work environment. Administration supports career development of staff. Flexibility with policies that work for each service
Pros
Benefits including vacation time.
Cons
Busy service
Focused on Mission
Executive Leader (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 23, 2018
The organization is truly patient focused and drives employees to keep the patient in the center of everything we do. Executive Leadership is very engaging and helps to promote a fun workplace culture.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Very political
Easy going workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 10, 2018
It’s a very fast pace environment, taking care of others is a passion at Ochsner. People friendly, great service with a smile. Rated top in the state of Louisiana for awesome doctors.
Pros
Healthcare, scheduling
Cons
Pay raises
The Truth about Ochsner Patient Escort
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Jefferson high waySeptember 14, 2018
Over work and unappreciated you work hard and all was available when they need you on extra shifts when no one else would stay, while other employee stealing saying they're at work and they are not but on the clock.and the supervisor is told and nothing happened ever.Had to call the 1-800 number several time and report what was going on in transporting or patient escort.and I do hope that they will soon get a new surpervisor and manager.they can really use it.The management is really unorganized and very cut thoat if you not in theclick and clock in the morning crew in the this batch off you will eventually be bully and pick on then fired out patient escort.
Productive place to work
Esitter (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2018
Great management, unfair wages, i hated that my whole department was upgrading equipment as well as expanding our workload but their was no room in the budget for pay raise
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
no pay raises
Great Work/Life Balance
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New OrleansSeptember 24, 2018
Ochsner is a great place to work whether you are experienced or just getting out of school. Plenty of opportunity for advancement or even just to transition into a new career path.
Pros
Pto, 401K match, friendly atmosphere, family-oriented
Cons
Very fast-paced
Fun and Family like workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 1, 2018
A typical work day differed depending on the area I was assigned to that day. Most assignments included securing and unlocking doors upon request, respond to incidents accordingly, and complete written incident reports. The security shift supervisors were a pleasure to work with, but working with the department manager was challenging. The culture of the workplace was like working with family. Everyone looked out for one another and treated each other with respect. The hardest thing about this job was responding to a code blue (cardiac distress) and the patient did not survive. The most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers, they were an absolute pleasure to work with.
Pros
The workplace culture
Cons
HR dishonesty, compensation
good work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 9, 2018
ochsner health system is a good place of employment with good benefits. i would recommend ochsner health system to anyone seeking employment with good benefits, and wonderful business.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
2 breaks a day
Loved my position
Revenue Cycle Rep (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 11, 2018
I LOVED WORKING AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT. MY COWORKERS WEREN'T THE BEST BUT HELPING patients made my day go by. I felt needed. I felt important. I was selfless. If I could do it all again I would.
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits
Cons
Cut throat
Ohs
Rev Cycle Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 27, 2018
Great place to work. Great culture and many learning opportunities.
Learned much about Rev Cycle and customer service. Low compensation. The benefits are decent.
Busy
Laboratory Manger (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 17, 2018
Progressive company with many oppurtunities. Benefits are good compared to other companies. Good steward of the community and many opportunites to do volunteer work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss