Ochsner Health System Employee Reviews

Found 1,249 reviews matching the search See all 1,259 reviews
Not a good atmosphere to work with
Transplant Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2018
Stating work at ochsner in the international department
After changing managements it was a not a good place or department to work for, I would not recommend no one to there.
Good Place work
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2018
I really like working at Ochsner, the at the time did not pay enough or did not have good benefits. A typical day at work was very rewarding. The management team was fair.The work place overall culture was good.
Horrible leadership
RRT (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2018
My manager is horrible and so are most of my coworkers. They have no regard for your life outside of Ochsner. Horrible and unsafe work assignments. Stay away!!! Unless you’re in an administrative position you’re nothing over there!
Pros
Some good doctors and nurses
Cons
Low pay, horrible leaders
great change
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company, the people overall are very helpful and such a clean environment. Meal are discounted. You can learn new things if you choose too. Its a large place and you can get lost easily but there is always someone to assist you.
The hardest part of my job is losing patients or workers. After talking w/them and their family you become like family to them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meet new people both workers and patients from all over the world. And learning new things. Being able to move up within your field of work is super exciting.
Pros
Overall very nice place to work
Educational
Supervisor/Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 1, 2018
A typical day was making sure the hospital was supplied with medical supplies and linen. I learned how to do scheduling, inventory and statistics. The hardest put was dealing with different attitudes. Enjoyable part was knowing I was helping the patients and supplying them with what they needed.
Staff CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAAugust 1, 2018
very unhelpful no room for errors very demanding unfriendly workers and very rude departments no room for flexiablty very cut throat workers and can not allowed to think your own way
Pros
pay
Cons
many
RN experience
Emergency Department, RN (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAAugust 1, 2018
Ochsner medial system is a fantastic company to work for. thaey have a large outreach to various communities withing the triparish region of south Louisiana.
Productive work place with fun employees
Eat Fit Operations & Marketing Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LaJuly 31, 2018
Loved my time with Ochsner Health System. Supportive work environment. Allowed me to develop and grow my skills as a working professional. Great benefits to employees as well!
Felt like a family, engagable coworkers team members and postive atmosphere.
HOSTESS AND CAFE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work was like working with siblings and or cousins. we related with one another and worked together to insure quality guest services. I learned the beauty of working of working with others and the guest was amazing. I learned that working in a hospital you must be positive and come to work ready to serve. Some quest needing an ear or shoulder to cry on. I loved interacting with the guest and showing empathy when it was needed. Management would change up every now and then, but I encounter Managers that were like mother and father figures, showing the ropes of thing and how to implement those values of everyday life to being adjusted into a positive outlook of work values. the hardest part of the job was watching co workers and or managers leave, also interacting with families of patients that was in the hospital was very much so hard to witness them experiencing such hard times dealing with the health of their love ones. the most enjoyable part was getting good news from the guest and employee events, I truly felt the job was family oriented.
Pros
Discounted items, friendly enviorment.
Cons
different company took over dietary department.
work day
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 29, 2018
customer service is great
time management and efficiency is a plus
it helps when the staff is familiar with the patients that they are serving
I'm always treated with kindness courtesy and respect
the most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2018
Exciting place to work. Great for nurses just getting out of school. Many opportunities for advancement offered. Nicely paced environment to make learning fun and effective. Great coworkers. Sign on bonuses often offered. In the heart of uptown.
Pros
great scheduling system
Cons
pay
Ochsner is a good place to work, I want a part time job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  North Shore, LAJuly 25, 2018
I just want to get a part time job. Ochsner is a good place to work. My supervisor is good and so are the people that I work with. The pay could be better.
Pros
Cons
many
Fun Place to Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 24, 2018
I had fun working there. Derm was just not my thing and they did not have any other positions avalliable. I worker time to time in Ortho and would have loved to stay there. I loved all the people I worked with.
Very educational
ED / ICU Tech (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 23, 2018
Worked here as a Tech. I was allowed to view procedures and be a part of a fast paced ED / ICU team.
I had Good rapport with Physicians, nurses and other staff
This was not part of my Physical Therapist Assistant shadowing, just a weekend job.
Cons
long shifts
Large system with many options for advancement
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 23, 2018
This healthcare system continues to grow which allows for change within as well as growth opportunities. Excellent quality throughout the organization.
Lpn - immunization nurse
INJECTION NURSE/LPN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2018
I administered flu vaccines at the clinic.

I worked in the internal medicine dept where the patients came to me in a designated room
I read the doctors instructions & I administered the injections per md orders.
Unorganized/biased place to work
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJuly 19, 2018
Ochsner is a very unorganized place to work. No management or stability. No one ever knows what is going on in crucial work units. Like the Operating room.
Pros
occasional gross breakfast
Cons
no relief, short staffed, catty work environment, favoritism
Work Flow
Information Systems Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJuly 19, 2018
Start off taking care of issues with printers and system around all 10 west bank facilities travelling to each facility and solving network, Printer PC and software issues. Also Completing Project and Pending installs of delivered equipment. The Best Part of the job was you were pretty much your own boss and took care of your on facilities and got to know a lot of employees in the other departments

Their wasn't really a hard part except I took care of all 10 west bank facilities by myself so I had to create a work flow to Make sure all were taken care of and happy with their service
Pros
Good Vacation Time and Hoiliday pay
Cons
after reaching their salary cap you would only get a 15 to 30 cent raise yearly
Company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 19, 2018
Great job to have,easy to get along with people,every well placed,great listening and Communication kills,team players,well organized,has flexibility wen you comes down to there team members
Environmental Services Ops Manager-ABM (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2018
Very impressed. I would recommend this as a great place to work.
It has great benefits, friendly staff and people who are eager to help you succeed in what you are trying to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight