Ochsner Health

Found 1,960 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,976 reviews

Ochsner Health insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Featured review

Ochsner Health selected this as a representative review
Ochsner was a great place to work!I loved my doctor and my team members.Ochsner really cares about there patients and their employees both as a whole.

Pros

Helping patients

Cons

Low salary

It is a very stressful environment. Job duties have become very unclear.

It is mostly management that makes it a unpleasant place to work. I have been made to feel like my job is not important any longer. I have always had top notch evaluations, but now I feel like I am being pushed out. It is almost like In with the new and out with the old. I love what I did before most of my responsibilities were taken away. I have been with this co for over 15 years so it’s very disheartening to feel this way. I really love what I do and I am good at it. I dread going to work now.

Pros

Great co-workers, good dr’s.

Cons

Poor management, no communication, no cost of living raise, more about numbers than patients, unfairness.

Blah

I loved Ochsner better benefits my department had a great work life balance I’m sad I left if i could go back i would , enjoy my pts, enjoyed management .

The Name Only. Only pros available

I feel this place of employment is not where it needs to be as far as advancements. The focus and praises are geared toward Doctors and Nurses only. The compensation in this organization is antiquated,The IT department is horrible and the Department for which I work in currently does is not conducive to the employees needs and our cries go unheard.

Pros

Company Name

Cons

Compensation Management Advancement

Great place to work, management is kind of bad.

great benefits and meal discounts, no schedule work arounds. little pay. workload often too much on small workers, overall good place as far as career advancement.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Very productive. Everyone is always on their A game and very willing to help.

Both jobs that I held with Ochsner Healthcare System in primary care and OBGYN clinics as a medical assistant were both family-like environments. I felt included in everything and enjoyed my times there. I had the best supervisors anyone could have asked for. They weren’t like helicopter supervisors that were always over your shoulder. They had the mindsets of us all being professionals and treating us as such. Pay could be better; everything else was great.

Pros

Great work environment Helpful employees Hour-long lunchtime

Cons

Epic system is hard to learn

Nothing to brag about, it's a job

Just like everyone I wanted to work at Oschner. Thinking for some reason it was the best hospital in town, til I got my foot in the door. Oschner has alot of Bull S*$# with them..They want you to do a million and one things, sign for that high a** medical insurance and only want to pay you pennies..

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Extremely low pay

Caring staff

Great place to work. Amazing staff. Coworkers will go above and beyond to assist you. Management is great too. Loved working here. Very respectful environment. Will miss it a lot.

Good mission, great people.

I enjoyed working in admin there and would consider a full time position in the future. The people are great and I felt very supported throughout the internship.

Great place of opportunities and advancement

Great place of opportunities and advancement. You do get overstretched sometimes and have to work weekends if they’re short staff. No overtime is given unless approved.

Pros

advancement opportunities

Cons

Overstretched and no work life balance

Overly stress management that has create an environment unhealthy to work in.

Since Ochsner is the big dog in the state of Louisiana it has given them complete control of the salaries and threatens the job security. If you are fired or quit from Ochsner finding another job very difficult. This has lead to a feeling of stress and fear amongst employees. It has create an environment that a person is more concerned about their personal well being then those of a department or team.

Great workplace overall, but management was hard to work with.

I enjoyed my time working for certain clinics, but others you could feel the tension the second you walked through that door. Too much cattiness was taking place that made one feel like an outsider.

Pros

No weekends.

Cons

Fellow employees won't think twice about stabbing you in the back, Management was too biased towards other employees and wouldn't listen nor answer questions.

Good Organization to Practice Medicine With

Ochsner Health is physician led and this is a big difference from a lot of organizations. Patients are the center of focus and the physicians are supported to provide the best possible care to the patients. The multi-specialty group provides ease of coordination of care.

Pros

Collegial patient and physician focused organization, Competitive compensation, Physician led organization

Cons

Healthcare is hard, Change is a constant

Terrible work culture and management has lack of responsibility and care for employees

I would not recommend working here, especially if you’re a person who has a life to live with kids or no kids. Management does not care about you at all

Ochsner is a great place to start because they are very willing to train people on the basics skills...However there growth dies quickly after that. Ochsner has room for improvment when it comes to mentorship and succession at the department level. Many deparmtents are in constant flux because they do not bother investing energy into selecting high potential employees from frontline staff and preparing them to step up. As a result there is chaos everytime a supervisor leaves. And "High Achiever" making 1.5-2% merit is a joke. Where is the incentive? If you offer less than 3% I am lossing money each year that I work for you.

Pros

Willingness to train, lots of opportunities

Cons

expensive benefits, glass ceiling, poor succession planning, stingy raises

Work environment like family

I love working for the company but sometimes it feels as if there is no room for growth within. I work med-surg and to move to another department is like pulling teeth.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Hard to change departments

Toxic work environment

Hands down the most toxic work environment I have ever experienced working in. Coworkers do not work together and only complain about other coworkers. Everyone is fake and talks behind everyone's back! I know this happens everywhere, but this crew takes petty to a new level. Management does not listen to concerns, nor address issues that need to be handled. Coworkers do not help each other. There is no "team" in this pharmacy. I do not recommend working in this pharmacy unless you want your soul to be sucked out and thrown up then stepped on with football cleats. They will use and abuse you all they can while coworkers sit down on their phones and watch you do all the work and drown. RUN!!!!!

Pros

It's a job and paycheck

Cons

No support from coworkers, no teamwork, low pay, toxic workplace

Call center is a great place to work.

Overall it's OK. The call center is like family. Everyone is helpful and willing to jump in at any point. Management is willing to assist and very personable.

Run

This job literally stressed me out al of 2 months I worked for them. I worked from home but felt overwhelmed. The management would be upset if I hadn't called a patient in 15 minutes. I felt that I was at my own home and couldn't step away from the computer to use the bathroom outside of my two 15min breaks and one 30min lunch.

Pros

Cons

Horrible

Nice place to work

I worked at Ochsner Kenner as a patient access rep for a while. I didn’t have any issues. I came to work, did my job and did not entertain the foolishness. Some of the staff were messy but that comes with working with mostly women. No issues with management but again I did my job and wasn’t looking to be besties with anyone. The pay was pretty fair. I left to go back to school.

They take care of their employees

They actually care about your well-being. The contract bonuses are the best part of the job besides caring for people. Great work environment. TSU is one of the best units to work on.

Pros

Ochsner main campus is a great place to work. Great pay!!!

Cons

Under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Ochsner Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?