Oconee Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun workplace
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 23, 2018
Great place to work and advance in your career. Everyone is a team here. The manager was great and wanted you to learn more and supported you. Would recommend to anyone.
Great Experience
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 30, 2018
Family oriented Facility, Oconee Regional Medical Center Trains young nurses to be the best nurses that can compete and delivers high quality care to patients nationwide with world class care. From 2004-2013 I saw a lot of young nurses grow, develop their skills to be a world class nurses.
Fast Pace
Medical Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 6, 2017
This position was in many ways was fast pace and semi-stressful. Many patients would be slightly over the income limit and did not qualify for help with their prescription medication which sometimes caused some hectic questioning from the patients and they required answers. Overall the position was enjoyable.
Great First Job
Inpatient clinical dietitian (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 17, 2017
A great first job to gain a lot of experience in the many aspects of an inpatient dietitian. The environment and staff are very friendly and supportive.
Horrible
Surgical service attendant (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 5, 2017
I hated working there. I was lied to when I started there and was lied to about working. Still on the pay roll buthave been contacted in 6 months to work.
Pros
Cons
All around bad place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Exercise Physiologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GASeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work was fun yet productive. One is able to learn about the cardiac medical field while also building relationships with patients. The culture was fast paced, yet never overwhelming.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 19, 2017
Great coworkers that work well together.
Enjoy taking care of my patients.
Its a laid back environment.
Its easy to get attached to your patients and their families.
The administrator is easy to work for.
Pros
Parties in the day room.
Cons
The loss of hospice patients.
Nice and friendly atmosphere! Great place to work.
Surgical Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 2, 2017
Oconee Regional Medical Center is a great place to work. The staff is very friendly and very willing to help you out in any way that they can. Great place to learn.
great place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 18, 2017
Very good company to work for. Department head have always been fair and great to work with. The hospital keeps you up to date on insurance demands. Allows you to advance in job opportunities.
productive and very friendly work place
Doctor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 25, 2016
working here at oconee family center you and see a lot . you have to be very productive at what you do . I love this job .the staff is very friendly and well trained
friendly and family orientated workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 7, 2015
Family friendly workplace. All staff work together and we aim to please and make the customers and their families feel comfortable.
Other than the financial situation, it's a good place to work
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 26, 2015
The best part of the job is shift of hours that I work, the job I do, my co-workers are great, over all it is a great place to work other than the financial situation.
Pros
shift of hours worked and job itself
Cons
financial situation and possible layoffs
Poor management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GeorgiaOctober 25, 2015
Unfairness in the work area, partiality was shown, Some employees were not held accountable for their work, at that time it would just be handed off to a person that always completed their work. Management started not caring. CEO and CFO resigned, Board members resigned, it was fighting between the board and the physicians in the community.
Pros
I love my work; billing, collecting and working with the public
Cons
Very stressful enviroment
Great enviornment to work in.
Registration (Former Employee) –  MilledgevilleAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work was come in and start paperwork. Register all the patients in the ER and get all of their information. I learned how to use their computer and filing system. I did not deal with that much management other than the Supervisor over the Administration Department. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the sick patients. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Productive and fun workplace
Speech Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 19, 2015
I did a internship at Oconee Regional and the workplace was productive and educational. I learned many new and innovative concepts that will help me achieve my future career goals.
Great place to learn
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 30, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow. Business office staff are personable, pleasant, knowledgeable, and eager to help others learn and succeed.
A typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 29, 2015
Collected blood using venipuncture technique on neonates, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Properly disposed of all samples and tools used in processing the specimen.Properly identified each patient, label and delivered samples to the lab while maintaining specimen integrity.
Job Review
Hostess/Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 27, 2015
ORMC is a good place to work. I think that right now, people aren't too sure of their job security. Before everything, I was really happy about working there. I just need something that is stable to provide for my family.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job Security
Needs a change
Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 3, 2015
I miss the way this hospital use to feel. Before I felt like I was a part of a team, I have been reduced to a number. I understand times are hard but I haven't had a raise in 5 years. I have bills too! I hope that ORMC is bought by a hospital that understands how to manage itself and makes the necessary changes. I hate that I am even looking for another job but again, no raise in 5 years.
Cons
No raises.
Not enjoyable
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 9, 2015
The work is very demanding and long hours. There is not a lot of support from management on any level. Co-workers are as overworked as you are during a sift, therefore can be of little help. The hardest part of the job is not feeling like you are making any difference in your patients life because of workload.