Octapharma Employee Reviews

Poor work environment and attention to employee needs.
Physician Substitute/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Poor work environment and attention to employee needs. Schedules are ever changing and unpredictable. Employees are treated as property and not people.
Has been a dream working with this company.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Not the easiest job in the world but has been my favorite. Good management, good coworkers, even our donors make the day better. Couldn't have asked for a better place to work.
Director thinks he is gods gift to women. Sexual harassment. Favoritism.
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 21, 2019
Dont waste your time. You make $10 an hour and you are treated absolutely horrible. The director does not care about his staff and looks for reason to provide disciplinary action and watch cameras creeper
Management are sneaky lying and kinving
Phys sub (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Hired me and obviously lied to Human Resources to get me hired then they got caught and fired me three weeks before Christmas and what I got from the director who was in on the lie said to me o well sorry
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lying management they should be fired
Horrible environment and pay
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2019
The pay did not match up to the responsibilities I had as an employee. Management did not care about the employees only the donors who came to the center.
Helping others
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 5, 2019
Meeting new people was awesome and fun. Loved working with my coworkers and being able to help others. Hardest part about your typical day would be having to defer a donor for the day/week/month. None of us liked to be the bad guy but its always for their safety and protocol. I strive for excellence and the most enjoyable for me was, to see them leave happy and safe and receiving thank you cards for a job well done.
Pros
sometimes free snacks
Cons
skipped lunches, power outages
good place to start internship
Phlebotomist CPT1 / Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 4, 2019
good place to start a internship and or gain experience. I learned while being employed at OctaPharma on how to deal with stressful environment while working and maintaining a professional outlook.
VERY unprofessional
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 4, 2019
management does not work around your schedule, there are often scheduling issues and under staffed shifts. employees do not seem to last so there is constantly new people being trained. donors tend to be rude, unclean and aggressive.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
unprofessional
Choose not to review
Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  West Pam Beach, FLDecember 27, 2018
I choose not to review this company at this time.I am currently working for this company and do not want any negative consequences to happen. I currently work here.
Get your experience and leave !
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  PortsmouthDecember 20, 2018
Currently employed as a phlebotomist. It is always busy and understaffed. Management sucks. If you are cool with them and hang out outside of work then you can do whatever you want. Like come in late, no call no show , extended lunch breaks and have a special work schedule with all sorts of accommodations. The pay is not enough. We do entirely too much. And when a coworker is slacking or calls out , we have to pick up the slack which is a 24-7 thing. No weekends off, tho there are plenty of people to allow this. But again , they give people special schedules which isn’t fair for the rest of us. The donors are extremely rude but demand good customer service . You gota have tough skin dealing with them because management does nothing About it. Only good thing is being able to gain plenty
Of experience with them.
Pros
Experience
Wichita Ks location IS HORRIBLE
DFT to Phleb (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 18, 2018
Where do I start? The entire staff (well most), needs fired. New people to come in.
Im a FT donor floor tech. I noticed the high turn over rate. Why?
*pay is $9.30 hr but not worth the favoritism, rude emoloyees, lack of SOP training (the man that hired me, does not apoly to SOP). Not everyone can donate to make extra $400 mo. (When the company makes $1000-1500k per pladma bottle).
*Your expected to disconnect, when not signed off, when very BUSY, because the man that hires you, needs help.
*some phleb sups onky use rules when it applies to them.
*only 1 (30-40min) lunch and sometimes 1 (10min) break. When you work 8 hrs plus, legally, you HAVE to take an hour for breaks and lunch.
*i was told i cannot cross train to lab from DFT-PHLEB. They dont want to provide more pay.
*i will quit without providing 2 weeks notice, after 6 mos experience, so i can work somewhere way better.
*favoritism-coworkers pretend i am not there, when i never was welcomed. I am bubbly and only certain people will talk to you. Very disheartening
Pros
Cons
Dont waste time applying
great!
Donor floor technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 17, 2018
the experience was great, it was a pleasure working with the donors.learning the machines and the way the plasma is processed. the staff were nice. overall was a good experience
Needs a little more structure
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. Turnover rate was high. Management didn't know what was going on sometimes. It was a horrible experience. Only worked there because I needed a job.
good job
SENIOR PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2018
good job , good people , good management, long hours great teammates , no holiday, fair staffing, peaceful place , good pay , good people, everybody is family
Great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2018
Great learning experience. The ability to learn and promote yourself during your time of being with the company. Its a enjoyable job with great people to work with.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no cons
Stressful, and you'll always be expected to do more
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2018
- Low pay for entry level employees
- No overtime, and hours can be cut with no notice
- Clientele is mostly decent, but definitely has its characters
- Production volume is unpredictable and people will call in all the time, leaving you understaffed
- Managers make 50k to start, but work anywhere from 45-70hrs a week with no breaks. You'll always be on call due to the freezers
- The work is repetitive
- Breaks are unscheduled, so you can have your lunch 30 min. after you get there
- Advancement is only for those the manager likes
Pros
No degree/experience necessary and can move up - Benefits were great
Great environment to work in when you have a strong team
DONOR FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2018
I started with one center and then promoted to another center a few months later. I love my new center and how management helps the staff, especially when it gets busy! It is a vast improvement from the other center! The hours can get a bit hectic and overwhelming, especially when short staffed. Overall there are many opportunities to advance if you show initiative. Starting pay could be better, but also depends on your center director.
Good place to gain experience
Senior Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Midfield, ALNovember 21, 2018
It is a good place to start off, or to supplement your income because the pay is low. If you are willing to relocate there is chances for advancement on the technical side.
Great Starting Point
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 18, 2018
This is a good job to begin learning using and perfecting your skills as a phlebotomy technician. As long as you show initiative and growth you will grow with the company.
Pros
Wonderful management team
Cons
Stressful hours
Unprofessional
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 17, 2018
Management is extremely unprofessional even in hiring process. They will call but won't leave a message. When you call back they leave you on hold 30 minutes then the phone hangs up with no call back. Afterwards they send an email saying they found a better candidate because of their lack of professionalism.