Octapharma
53Below average

Octapharma Employee Reviews

United States984 reviews
I enjoy my position at Octapharma. My job helps make a difference in our patients lives. I look forward to going to work every day. We have a strong leadership team at my center. At my center we try to promote within, to give current staff the opportunity to excel, before we look outside the company. We are in the business of saving lives.
The management staff is very discriminatory abd lets the phlebotomists and managers talk to employees very badly and talk very poorly of donors. The employees have their cell phones on the floor and use them to text about donors. They argue in front of donors. They are retaliatory when even new hires file complaints. They witheld a new hire's pay for telling on the center director in hazelwood, mo. The center director in hazelwood verbally abused an employee the regional manager makes stories to put good employees on corrective action to take sides with higher seniority managers. The older center directors are stealing money from the company. Many donors have left out of there bleeding from the arm across the floor because the staff is sloppy and does no t train properly. They fire good employees who speak up. They defer donors when the donors inquire about payment. The higher level directors don't care and are opening up centers when they are not up to code. A machine caught afire while donors were on the floor . Poorly managed . Everyone who works there comes from other plasma companies and carries the negative baggage with them. The center director is not engaged with donors and discloses personal information on the donor floor. Very poor customer service to donors.They fired another center director based on false statements and without warning. They sent a good emplyee home because she had asthma and could not wear a mask. THEY PURPOSELY CUT HOURS BUT CALL IN OTHERS TO WORK. VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT PAY WELL !! NO ONE LASTS PAST 2 YEARS. THE CENTER - more...
Pros
Cons
Pay, Work Schedule, Healthcare, Culture, Management
I worked only a short time here, but my donors are made it worth it. They always had such interesting stories to tell. That pretty much helped in getting me through the long hours.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Long days
This was an alright place to work. I made it about two and a half months here. They’re supposed to train you within two months and they neglected to train me so they didn’t know what to do with me. I ended up quitting because I had complications due to COVID19 but you don’t get anything done ever. I got sent home an hour into my eight hour shift two days in a row because they didn’t need me. Pretty ridiculous but there wasn’t anything I could do about it. They paid 15 an hour for a phlebotomist.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they don’t care about your time
The work itself is mostly enjoyable. High turnover rate. During the first 6 months of the year, they hire on extra employees and cut all hours to prepare for when we eventually get busy. Once we get busy, all of those extra employees quit, leaving you overwhelmed for the remainder of the year. Management team is mostly worthless with no people skills or ability to lead.
Pros
Met some great coworkers
Cons
favoritism, pay, managment, unobtainable metrics
What can I say but I love my job. If you are an RN and tired of the mental and physical stress of inpatient and outpatient nursing this is the job for you! This is a low stress job conducting H&P's. We also have the opportunity to screen donors or help out on the donor floor which is a great chance to get to know our donors. We have a great friendly staff with lots of teamwork.
I really only have positive words to speak about the donors and coworkers who I have worked with The management of the company is very poor I have had the best experience with my coworkers and the people who donated there
Pros
People
Cons
Management is very bad with favoritism. If you are a female, managers won’t even think of you for a raise unless you are “cute” or you make them feel good about themselves. The pay is horrible. The raises are trash. Only .50 cents for learning all of the areas. A older woman has worked there for 3+ years and was only making $8 to $9 an hour. They low ball you in pay but when people are quitting left and right they hire people and give them $12 or $15 an hour thinking they are going to stay and they leave as well. Yet workers who stick around they mistreat them and belittle them if they make one mistake management is just horrible there very sexist only males are in management and they don’t do anything other then sit in the office on the phone watching movies when people on the donor floor need help with all the overload of donor we have
The typical day at work included interacting with different patrons who were wanting services, providing medical attention. I discharged patients after they would finish with their plasma donations
Manager slept with donors she was on drugs cocaine marijuana etc.. did not have control of the floor! Had favoritism and she was of no help at all!! We were over worked and under paid she never wanted to come out and help! Used company charge card to feed herself and those she likedb
As it goes for Nursing, the least stressful job you will encounter, BUT scheduling is different and you may work consecutive weekends before have a weekend off.
Pros
Does not have the Nursing stress, or physical demands with typical nursing jobs.
Cons
Will need to be crosstrained in non nursing duties.
Always a shortage of help. People sent home even though more than enough work to be done. Worked most weekends. Little respect among employees, alot of drama and gossip. No security on premises. Large staff turnover-didn't even know the names of some staff members. Excellent benefits and some very hard working staff.
Upper management promises full time schedule (due to such a dire need for nurses), along with room to be flexible, if need be during training. However, upon being hired, you are cancelled for shifts as soon as you enter the building to work. You are not informed of how to contact the company regarding calling out, finding out if you're on the schedule for the week, etc. Apparently, communication among employees, supervisor, and director is done through text message and word of mouth, which is unreliable in itself. There's absolutely no exchange of phone calls, which is unheard of, from a place of business. There's so much room for error and miscommunication, especially for new employees - which can lead to unemployment. This is disheartening for good, honest people who are seeking work during hard times, when work is already scarce.
A lot of tyrants that’s work there and feel like they can talk to you however you want they do not care about there employees at all they only care about the ones that they like
overall a decent place to work, met a lot of really nice people, you can get promoted very quickly if you want.Staff are like family.If you like fast paced this is for you
While I worked there my husband's grandfather died. I had worked out someone to cover my shift and the management would not okay the change. Management told me that my husband's grandfather's death did not mean I could not work my shift. Just the same day a different staff member changed shifts in order to get her hair done before going to a concert, and that was approved. I ended up having to quit my job because I was put in a position where I had to choose to pick between my husband and my job.
Working at octapharma has given me a chance to do something worth while. I love the work itself however the management staff aswell as the company's priority needs improvements.
The people are over worked and constantly under staffed. No one seems To care they’re all about the numbers and not the people attendance policy is terrible the turnover rate is astronomical and hours are pretty rigorous.
Will work there again. They will work with you..nice people..long as you do your job your good.. Be truthful and respectful.. nice job to get and hold on too
They are disrespectful to women. Sadistic and sexist work environment. Do not promote women. Gave several employees breakdowns over the pressure to succeed. Adjust numbers on commissions so that a small number of employees excel.
Terrible work place, every manger is lazy and picks there favorites. They do not pay enough. Hours and job duties suck. You also have to put up with drug addict creepy donors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octapharma. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight