Octapharma Employee Reviews

Octapharma
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working for Octapharma Plasma. The culture is inviting and there are many opportunities for advancement. Many of the management personnel have been promoted from within the company.
Get a check and get out!!!!
Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 14, 2018
Find something else. Don't waste your time
They are the McDonaldsame of plasma I reported being harassed and they act like theyes don't care. Always short staffed. Since the old center director left, the Decatur location has been a mess.
Pros
Nothing... on memorial dr
Cons
Everything, the job is easy and the donors are awesome but management and the center director has no structure, they talk to you like your a child and the pay is bottom dollar compared to the other plasma centers
Work here until you find something better
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 13, 2018
bad management, non helpful employees, sink or swim, management will show favoritism, fire skilled workers and hire personal friends and relatives. Avoid, also unsafe environment with no security and because they hire convicts
Pros
easy work
Cons
Poor management, favoritisim, discrimination
Great employees
Senior Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2018
Donors where nice the management was horrible tried to apply and they will not take back they fired me for being sick in the hospital for a week because I reacted to the required shot I need to work there
Energetic Workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2018
I work a typical eight hour day, sometimes more when we are busy. i learned how to be a Phlebotomist, Donor Floor Tech and Donor Floor Tech Trainer. Management has its favorites for people working at the center. Workplace culture varies day to day. The hardest part of the job is we are short handed always and they send people home early, so many times I end up doing most or all the disconnects of the donors, because I am the only Donor Floor Tech still working that day. I can disconnect up to 64 or more on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can fill up carts for the day with supplies.
Great but no room for growth
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 31, 2018
The job overall is great for those who're in school continuing their education such as going back for graduate licensing. The hours are long, the work is emotionally draining at times, and nurses are paid to be receptionists for 70% for the time. The medical reception area is understaffed, underpaid, and under appreciated. This puts a lot of extra work for the nurses/medical staff to compensate for the loss when other things could be done to improve medical training. The hardest part of the job is when the nurses are understaffed for an upcoming busy summer. Management seems to understaff due to reasons unknown (perhaps to save money for other stuff). Management doesn't do well with the schedule.
Donor Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 31, 2018
Sometimes you work long hours but it's worth it, because of your hard work you would get an extra day off or be able to leave early the next day. Fast paced environment, rewarding place to work, especially once a year corporate would have a recipient of the plasma products come in a talk with the staff and donors and thank to donors for their life saving donations. If you work hard and prove yourself you will be promoted.
Pros
cross-training, benefit packages, years of services awards
Cons
Management, long hours, work life balance
A good place to get experience and that's all.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
If you are looking for a way to gain experience this company is for you. However, be warned that the plasma life is not for the feint of heart. You will be working in a non-stop, customer service field that will take a toll on anyone. I am forever grateful for the experience I received from the company, but numbers are all that matter in this field. The pay for an entry level position is not worth the stress, lack of hours, and possibility of exposure to bio-hazardous material. I have worked in multiple centers around the country and they all have the same problems. Not enough staff and an underdeveloped management team. I will say that both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the donors themselves. On good days it's quite nice to get to know the people who are helping save lives every time they come in and donate. On bad days these people turn into ugly, demanding individuals who have no respect to the employees who are trying their best to get the donors in and out as quickly as possible.

All in all, I would say that this is a good job if you are looking for experience to boost your resume. However, you must be very positive this is the kind of work you want to do if you stay with the company long term.
Management was actually involved in things
Donor floor tech, Medical Screener, Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 29, 2018
We worked together as a team and it really helped when we got busy,
we were all like a family.
Management did a lot of cool fun stuff for us like having BBQ's for the holidays or parties for birthdays.
The worst place I have ever worked. Poor management.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked. The staff is immature. Poor management that shows favoritism. Unpredictable hours. Patients feel entitled.
Pros
Decent pay
environment
medical screener (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 29, 2018
it is a fast paced work environment and i love working with donors. The co worker where big on team help. The mangers where very helpful and encourging.
Pros
coworker are great
Cons
the pay i to little
Worst job I’ve ever had
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALMay 25, 2018
The manager and assistant manager are AWFUL they are all in this weird clique and if you don’t fit in or care to be apart they make it personal and take it out on you in the work place. Very messy and disorganized. Never any resolution to any issues. The older employees bully the new young employees.
Cons
If you want to go nowhere in life...work here.
Plasma Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Bch, VAMay 24, 2018
Unprofessional management, no room for advancement, unethical behavior. The only job I know where you can walk out and still keep your job and be promoted.
ok
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 24, 2018
it is ok working there. easy job. easy to learn. easy people to work with. management easy to work with. job wasn't hard. benefits good. pto and personal time
turn over rate is unbelievable,and managers are inexperienced.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 22, 2018
Turn over rate is unbelievable,and managers are inexperienced, high stress, low moral and constant hours being reduced depending on the day. Three years ago this was a wonderful place to work. For the first five years of nine, moral was high and turnover was low. Managers knew something about their employees dignity.
Cons
high stress, low moral and constant hours being reduced depending on the day
The manager is awful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 20, 2018
You will never have a consistent schedule, your days off will be split, the manager will not work with you on trying to build a better schedule, you can never have time off for appointments, you are expected to not have a life outside of work, the environment is terrible, hands down the worst job I ever had.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2018
Octapharma Plasma Inc. is a great place to work if you are looking for employment advancement and is willing to relocate anywhere in the United States.
Avoid at all costs
Anonymous employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2018
The management team is horrible and cares nothing about their employees. They treat them like dogs and talk to them in very unacceptable ways. The job itself is not hard but management makes it unbearable. Octapharma is the worst company that I have ever worked for. The only time you get any respect is when you are talking to them through a lawyer.
Pros
Good pay, easy work
Cons
Short breaks, no respect, no professionalism
Hard place to work if you have children
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 7, 2018
I wasn't able to work so early due to child care not opening that early.
I also had been there a year and i was told i wasn't going to move up because of my availability. basically because I had a child and that keep me from moving up.when i was hired i was full-time 7-3. they wanted me to come in earlyer around 5:30 and leave when they were ready to let be go. Which would of be fine if a didn't have a two year old child. they were telling us that are schedule were going to change too.
Pros
job was great
Cons
hard company to work for
Fun place to work
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 3, 2018
It was exciting to work at octapharma. Everyone was like family. Had a lot of training. Supervisor was great. Met a lot of people that I can say are friends