Octapharma Employee Reviews

plasma
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
was a cool place to work I met a lot of nice people i was saving lives and I found some I want to do for the rest of my life but the pay was horrible I asked for a raise was told I should be glad about it is dealing with blood and didn't make anything but 75 cents over minimum wage.
Fast paced and always new faces.
Phlebotimist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 12, 2018
I have enjoyed working at octapharma. The job can be stressful at times due to the high amount of donors at all times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude donors and the body odor some donors had.
Pros
Employees were easy to get along with.
Cons
pay rate, work hours
Okay to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2018
This place is okay to work at. It gives me chances to apply some of my nursing skills and customer service, but not challenging enough for a nurse like me, who always want to take challenges.
Fast Paced with Many Opportunities to Develop
Medical Screening Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 8, 2018
Fast Paced environment with many Opportunities for personal development and cross-training. Large variety of skills can be taught/learned on the job. The staff if very much like family and the business hours and management work well to balance professional, educational, and personal life needs.
Great place to start if you want to be in the medical field.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Training is provided in all areas. Must have thick skin to deal with donors. Pay is not the best but good to great advancements within the company. Have medical benefit, matching 401k, PTO, and sick days.
Pros
Can be a great place to advance within the company.
Taking a lower paying job is better than working here dont do it please
LPN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 6, 2018
You won't have a set schedule... along with them changing the schedule the night before. be prepared to work almost every weekend. The director is a nice person but a TERRIBLE worker. Also, if they aren't busy they will send you home so you are never guaranteed 40 hours. There is an extremely high turn over rate with employees... they just simply walk out of the shift and never return. They are very unfair with your pay too.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
everything else
Would not recommend
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2018
The work is not difficult, but it is extremely stressful, especially during busy hours. We were constantly understaffed, though a couple of the managers would help us on the floor when we needed it. Donors were often rude and disrespectful, and I received low pay for the amount of work that was expected. There was a problem with many of the employees disappearing several ones durin their shift, leaving even more work for the rest of us. Would not recommend for anything other than getting some experience out of the way.
Pros
A lot of experience, ability to cross train, promotions
Cons
Short staffed, management, pay, disrespectful donors, co-workers sometimes didn’t pull their weight
Fun place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 4, 2018
At Octapharma Plasma the work place was often faster than most ! People there were nice and fun to work with. We were required to process plasma bottles , payments, doing the receiving and shipping and to put products delivered away also required to open and close lab.
Pros
Good pay and friendly environment
Cons
fast paced but made days go by quickly
Relaxing Job
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2018
In the lab is a good place to work if you are okay with -32 freezers. But other than that it is very peaceful back there, you can listen to music while processing bottles very nice work environment.
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist lab technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
This is a nice place to work. There is always an available for work. While working here you will see some crazy things but as an overall this place isn't to bad.
Great people, good balance, challenging work
Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2018
Worked in the corporate office. Offered independence in decision making & execution. Good balance. Colleagues made it a great place to work. Rewarding work because helping donors/patients.
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2018
No one was ever on the same page. So much confusion and management played favorites. Management would also get into altercations with staff members. Training was also an issue.
octapharma on Portsmouth is horrible
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 15, 2018
The Octapharma plasma in Portsmouth has horrible managing, they are slow and inconvenient. The pay is horrible for all the responsibilities they want you to take on. There are a lot of rude and disrespectful donors but the management is too scared to correct the issue. That plasma center needs security, because the management team is frail and scary.
Stressful enviroment, entitled unappreciative <Management
MEDICAL SCREENER (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 8, 2018
If it wasn't for the regular staff this place would drown. The senior management is extremely rude and does not take into consideration the importance of its team members. The Assistant Managers are great but unfortunately the upper management is awful. The lack of appreciation for the staff and the rude cold environment creates a very stressful work environment.
Pros
provides scrubs after 3 months of employment
Cons
Horrible working conditions, lousy pay, bad employee parking, tiny break room.
Fun place to work
Senior Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49007August 6, 2018
This employer has nothing to offer their employees. The pay is horrible and a very unsafe environment due to the nature of their business. They need security.
Pros
Cons
Unsafe
Big Pharma drives this company
RN, Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 6, 2018
This is not your typical nursing job. This is solely based on the production of plasma. You have very specific guidelines set by the FDA and you must abide by all of them with no room allowed for deviation.
As an RN I had a medical assistant as my "supervisor" and would critique my assessment skills, blood pressure skills, etc. This is beyond me and I'm sure the CNA would love to know how a medical assistant is able to supervise/oversee RN/s and MD/s.
Pros
No patient care
Fair job
Phlebotomist, Machine Tech, Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2018
If you're a good people person this job is excellent. Can get stressful at times, but what job doesn't have bad days? Good pay, excellent benefits. In my opinion it's a good place to work
N/a
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 2, 2018
I did not like working at Octapharma because there were problems with management and I could not get any type of help with the problem, but I did love what I did as a Phlebotomist. If the work environment was different, I would have definitely stayed.
Relaxed but fast paced Lab work environment
Plasma Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 1, 2018
Pros: Relaxed but fast paced Lab work environment. The lab can listen to music and talk while working. We are trusted to do our job without management breathing down our necks. Management will work with your schedule. Benefits for full-time employees and vacation. The job has mandatory 30 minute lunch breaks. And sometimes 2 short breaks if you aren't working alone.

Cons:Underpaid compared to other people in the same industry. Working with potentially infectious material. The work load can be overwhelming at times. Standing all day and work with a walk in freezer that is -35 degrees or colder.
Typical experience of octapharma
PHLEBOTOMIST AND MEDICAL SCREENER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at ocatpharma is fast paced and persistent you get to interact with the management on a daily basis the company management itself rather hire from outside than promote the employees that are already within the company. All around a good company not to many options to move up but good place to start if you are new to the medical field.
Pros
Potluck
Cons
No appreciation of hard workers