Octo Consulting

Working at Octo Consulting: 40 Reviews

United States40 reviews

Managers are Caring

Managers at Octo Consulting actually take the time to know their employees and make an effort to be aware of your performance. This means during your annual review, the person giving you feedback and fighting for your raise actually has a clue about who you are and what you've done.

Sense of company on the move. Many acquisitions over the 1 - 2 years

It's a good place to be at right now. Lot of good things going on. Good training opportunities which will allow you to get desirable certifications. Company is building a state of the art lab for advanced technology work. Seems pretty cool. I like my client. I was with the client previously through other companies but consulting to a different division.

Pros

I've been here over a year and leadership and opportunities seem good

Octo Consulting insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Good Coworkers; Absent Managment

Remote working environment - individual coworkers and direct manager were accessible online and good at communication. Direction from above was lacking, and communication was poor.

good place for beginners

good place for interns, good salary, work-life balance.. depends on which project you go... no bonus .. parties only for big shots... micromanagement sometimes in few projects... salary increment is less..

Pros

sometimes free lunch

Cons

micromanagement

High Potential Growth Company

The company itself has a lot of capacity to grow and people are great. Great work/life balance on most programs. At the end of the da, Octo is just another sub contract for another prime.

Pros

Bonuses & Salary

Ignore negative biased reviews

Other reviews being biased? Work life balance depends on the contracts and clients you worked for. None are the same.My program offered great work life balance and ability to wfh

Pros

High Salary

Cons

Minimal WFH

Highly paid

Competitive in the market. Software eevelopment are highly paid and folks are extremely dmart.Work environment is fun no micronanagement. Helped you grow in your career.

Productive environment

Overall great place to work. I felt very proud that volunteer work was organized to help vets and military families. Taking wreaths to the Arlington cemetery, preparing toiletries and visiting the military hospital among other things.

Pros

We were kept up to date on the contract information.

Cons

Can not think of any

Talented, bright people all dedicated to personal and corporate success

Everyone I work with is very bright, highly motivated, and most importantly, willing to work as a team. My boss isn't just a manager - she's a leader. Yes, because I'm in business development, we often work long and irregular hours. But the level of appreciation shown by everyone is remarkable. Acknowledgements, publicly shared kudos, spot bonuses, beautiful bottles of wine, flowers, gifts - all little gestures that show appreciation. I really feel like I make a difference, and I think my colleagues feel that they do, too.

Pros

Super managers, talented colleagues, team mindset

Cons

Lots of weekends, but it goes with the job.

Good place to go and come back and go back again again again

nice good happy fun enjoy Good place to go and come back and go back fun place and good. Good and happy customer and people and work. Go with full energy.

Good working environment

Working at octo is a great learning opportunity for entry level . Good people to work with and great culture. They have good career growth opportunity with competitive salary

Productive Environment Allows for Personal Success

Pros: - Great company atmosphere, relatively laid-back, yet productive environment - Helpful and supportive team - Organized information allows easier learning of roles - IT equipment used and offered is abundant, but limited depending on location - Company outings typically include an open bar and complimentary food and music - Additional paid certification training provided - Paid parking offered Cons: - Not a lot of space to move up, increase salary. - Separation of teams prevent proper expansion of learning new roles - Management knowledge/involvement of team atmosphere and employee work ethics is questionable - No real commuter benefits available. Newly added benefits allow for tax free purchases only. - Onsite parking very limited unless at HQ.

Very busy work schedule

Stressful environment and multiple accounting systems with manual accounting work. Takes very long to finish assigned tasks and no appreciation for the hard work.

A great place to work

Great leadership , a caring and supporting managers and senior staffs. Also possess strong flexibility in terms of working conditions as along as you deliver. Happy I had to work with highly efficient and motivated teammates. Very welcoming from day one. The pay at this company I good for a debut experience in it auditing.

Up and coming firm with aggressive posture

12 years from start-up to large business. Considerable recent M&A activity. Young, smart leadership team. Aggressive move into defense market after years of FedCiv GovCon focus.

lkajdf

Am happy to go into detail in person or over the phone on a typical work day, what I learned, management, and work place culture at Octo Consulting Group.

Unbelievably untrustworthy manager

Don't trust anyone in management at this company. They are biased against minorities and they have very few people of color working there in Reston VA. The culture is one of rudeness to customers and employees.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Sneaky lying unethical folks

Company of liars

This company will lie to you on the interview and throughout your time with them. Management sucks! They stab you in the back with the client. They use your personal information for their gain but force you to give them access to your skills, degrees, and certifications. I had a performance review and my team lead sieges my signature to make my review look bad. Very high turnover.

Octo is in general a very good company with comparable benefits and decent competitive pay. It is a new company, formed out of the trunk of the CEO's car back in 2006. The company has grown by leaps and bounds since I joined in 2017 (from ~250 employees to approx 450). As some other projects, the one I was on within a year became over budget, hence the layoff. I'm not sure how long employees remain "on the bench", but I was let go since there wasn't an immediate need for me or in the near future.

Pros

Interesting work, decent benefits and pay

Cons

Government contracting isn't stable IMHO

Great company, gives you the opportunity to balance work and personal life

-Free range to explore your interests/passions - Constantly around talented and ambitious people -Lots of social events in local offices/within talent groups

Excellent Work Environment

Management treated employees with respect and supported further career advancement. There is an emphasis on developing a career plan and determining measurable goals for the employer and the employee.

Pros

Flexible Supportive Management, Yearly Company trips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octo Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits