Octo Consulting
View all Octo Consulting reviews

Octo Consulting

Octo Consulting Employee Review

Octo Consulting Systems Engineer Review - Good Coworkers; Absent Managment

Remote working environment - individual coworkers and direct manager were accessible online and good at communication. Direction from above was lacking, and communication was poor.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Octo is in general a very good company with comparable benefits and decent competitive pay. It is a new company, formed out of the trunk of the CEO's car back in 2006. The company has grown by leaps and bounds since I joined in 2017 (from ~250 employees to approx 450). As some other projects, the one I was on within a year became over budget, hence the layoff. I'm not sure how long employees remain "on the bench", but I was let go since there wasn't an immediate need for me or in the near future.

Pros

Interesting work, decent benefits and pay

Cons

Government contracting isn't stable IMHO
Same location

What I learned

Had the most unique experience in my life. Octo is a minority based small company trying to grow into a large corporation. Work place culture is easy going and the upper management is working towards building an enjoyable place that everyone can come to work to. It maintains a positive experience for Junior employees who wish to build a better career by understanding and analyzing strengths and weaknesses of each employee.

Pros

The Benefits & Free Networking Events

Sense of company on the move. Many acquisitions over the 1 - 2 years

It's a good place to be at right now. Lot of good things going on. Good training opportunities which will allow you to get desirable certifications. Company is building a state of the art lab for advanced technology work. Seems pretty cool. I like my client. I was with the client previously through other companies but consulting to a different division.

Pros

I've been here over a year and leadership and opportunities seem good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octo Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits