Octo Consulting Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
remote work, never met real people
Senior .Net Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 30, 2018
100% remote work, never visited office or met any of the team I was working with. Made impromptu hallway meetings never happen, used Slack for almost all interactions.
hardest part of job was getting familiar with the way they used a highly modified SharePoint as a delivered product.
Not a nice environment to work in at times
N/A (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 24, 2018
While Octo is great at employing great talent, the attitudes of the managers for some divisions will have the talent recruited submit a resignation in a matter of months. The environment is toxic and while not all managers there are negative, you have a few that have attitudes that are impossible to work with. People stay because the company has potential to be even greater than what it is, but when it comes to your peace of mind and potential stress you begin to wonder if it's worth it. Turnover while I was there was high and I'm sure it still is. Bonuses, promotions and raises aren't awarded to those who truly deserve it. People are thrown under the bus in meetings, publicly embarrassed and spoken to in condescending tones via email. When those negative attitudes are brought to the attention of Executives no one is reprimanded and heaven forbid you lash out in defense of yourself it will be your job on the line. Majority of the people I came in with are gone and even great people that came in after me have moved on. I've seen people who have one title take on the role for others and were not given fair recognition for their hard work; meanwhile those that do less, have poor attitudes and have less skills education wise are compensated. The mentality there is that of a frat house...it's pathetic. Please make adjustments or continue to lose A-1 employees.
Pros
Social gatherings (the meetings are always nice to attend) and nice office space.
Cons
Management is horrible.
Great Place to work.
IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 30, 2018
Awesome Work place. Flexible hours. This company exudes positive energy. Management is very transparent and supportive of your contribution to the company. They make an effort to know each employee.
Supportive environment, great client interactions.
UI / UX Designer (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 16, 2018
I felt supported and heard in every meeting and interaction, and that each team member shared the same goal of producing quality solutions. As an added bonus, the government clients I worked with were fabulous. I would recommend Octo Consulting to anyone looking for work.
Best Consulting Firm in my Experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 6, 2018
I have worked for Octo for a little over two years. If you put in the work for them, they invest in you. I had two projects under two different portfolios and was incredibly happy with management in each role. I highly recommend this company.
Although I may be moving on from Octo right now, many former employees have returned to the firm after leaving.
Pros
PTO accrual, fair compensation
Burn out led to resignation
Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 19, 2017
Long hours and very fast pace; which led to cut-throat environment. Just to keep pace you'll end up working weekends. High employee turnover and very stressful.
Pros
smart senior management team
Cons
they will throw you under the bus and backup
Octo is a great company to work for
Operations (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 21, 2017
Octo really provides great benefits. PTO that accrues quickly, a generous 401k plan (with no vesting period), and one of the best tuition reimbursement plans I've seen in the industry. Our health insurance premiums didn't go up a cent this year!

Octo has great office space that is light and airy with free parking at the headquarters location.

The company is transparent in its leadership style. Frequent all hands keep employees informed. The executive team is also very approachable.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome colleagues, and lots of opportunities for career growth
Cons
Can't think of any
its a good place to work
Software engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2015
Day starts slow at octo but it picks up eventually. It is fun place to work. The best thing about Octo is the organisation is flat that you can approach CEO and CTOs easily. I learnt Angular.js and other javascript there.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
free lunches[bad if your are on diet :( ]
Professional
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 7, 2013
Professional environment - Very knowledgeable employees - Great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octo Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Octo Consulting Group Reviews by Location