Octopi

Working at Octopi: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Immature popularity contest

With all the work I put in and experience I gained I was disregarded and disrespected by "management" - which isn't much more than a click. I couldn't work there after being passed on my raise while others that didn't do much more than goof-off got a significant one. It's all who you know; not your work ethic or how much knowledge you gain.

Fun and innovative workplace

Great place to work with room for opportunity. The people are awesome and the products are fun to work with. Company is growing and improving everyday.

Pros

Employee lunch

Octopi insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Not worth it

Long hours, dangerous work, poor work-life balance, 20/hr isn't worth the amount of stress and effort. Leadership in the company has no idea what is happening on the ground level but makes laughable decisions effecting workers. Very little protection for employees, I was heavily scrutinized every time I got injured, which was often for the 90 days employed there. Was promised 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks, but was encouraged not to take those breaks and was chastised for taking them. Rapidly expanding but has no ability or interest in employee retention. Would be surprised if it continues to exist within 18 months.

Great coworkers and room for advancement

Octopi has proven to be a fast-growing company with lots of opportunities for employees motivated to grow with the company. My favorite part has been the people I work with and the work environment.

Pros

Great benefits, coworkers, new equipment and building

Cons

Sometimes we move too fast

What is the best part of working at the company?The people are great and fun to work with, the products are exciting, there is a lot of opportunity within the company as the growth takes place.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?There are a few changes being made with the growth happening.

Look elsewhere

Very Poor Management

No sense of ethics. Very Profit driven to the point of lying to the customers. Unorganized having no plan on the production plan from day to day. Pushing equipment beyond the capacity.

Pros

Everyone takes free beer

Cons

Horrible Management

Avoid

Management has a do as I say not as I do mentality. Work is not challenging, when you ask for additional work management says there isn’t anything extra to do. But berates you for not taking on additional work. No care, concern, respect for employees. Only care about bottom line.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Toxic work environment

Boring, understaffed, two faced

If you want to work at a company that how only one way of thinking and terrible management then join here.Working there for a year to see how pathetic management and HR was simply sad which is a understatement, if you want to be watching people stand around while you work well work there management wasnt strict for the terrible workers and unjust to the good workers, if your not a big asset to them then feel free to take as much personal/sick days that you want if your a hard worker go somewhere else. Very disrespectful place and very he said she said kind of job your word means nothing in this job even if its 100% right.

Pros

Lots of down time to watch people not work

Cons

Understaffed, poor management, very hot in the summer, no airflow, not enough safety practices, poor training, onesided HR, two faced managment, disrespectful.

Lack of training a struggle

Lots to learn, but not many people to teach it. Exponential growth takes away from proper training. Safety not a priority. Hours could change on a dime. Paid holidays are abysmal.

Pros

Free beer, room to grow

Cons

Lack of structure/safety/training

Weak Managment

Management was weak & turnover was high. Employees there one day & gone the next. Job training was minimal & roles were undefined. Hired for one job & expected to do another.

Pros

Free beer

Cons

Minimal training

Good community of people

Good people. Lots of growth and new things to learn each day. Fast paced and fun if you are passionate about it. A unique business model compared to most breweries so naturally there is knowledge to be gained you might not find elsewhere.

Pros

Beer industry

Cons

Undefined roles

Going nowhere

This comapny has a good culture but management is pretty horrible. Lots of people that dont know what they are doing making decisions and people that are smart and experienced dont get their say.

A young and quickly growing company

Needs to continue to improve communication as it quickly grows. Has great potential but is limited by staffing and structure. Has some good talent and should strive to keep them. Department leadership is weak and needs improvement for future growth.

Dynamic Start-Up

Ever-evolving company, whose CEO is a true visionary. The positions here require self motivation, as well as ability to adapt as the company grows and changes. The culture is positive and family oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octopi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Octopi Reviews by Location

Learn about Octopi in popular locations

Octopi reviews by popular job title

• Octopi