Odfjell Employee Reviews

Not sure how this facility is still open
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXAugust 19, 2018
When I went to work at Odfjell I previously worked in Alaska for a terminal storage company. I had 7 years working terminal operations and trained in a union program and had a associates in process technology. This facility had alot of potential but the supervision just did not have the skill set and lack of education to lead the operations department. The supervision plant wide was inadequate. In this area you are surrounded with petro chemical industry and most operators could not afford to live in this area unless they worked overtime offten.The plant across the street operators are making 60-80 grand a year and in this facility you would have to work overtime on every set to make 45 thousand a year.I have been told they are a union plant now but that doesn't always lead to competive earnings I feel bad for the guys who felt they could not leave and get a better operations position. This facility needs to be bought out and layoff all the supervision and pay a appropriate wage and things will turn around.
Pros
Healthcare was good but I am sure that has changed.
Cons
Benifits do not pay the bill's.
Negative Environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXJuly 10, 2018
Employee moral is horrible. Management does not want to hear what the problems are. Employees are overworked. Overall, Most unprofessional place I have ever worked.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else
If you go there, please keep searching
Operator (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXJune 28, 2018
There is no work life balance. Management has no clue why they are constantly hiring and soon after losing people. If you are constantly hiring and receiving 2 week notices, you would think that at some point the "money people" would start asking questions and looking to replace some of the people at the top. If the culture is every man for themselves, no one is looking out for their or anyone else's safety we lose good people constantly, that can make a real difference at this place but no one is looking at management as the cause. Instead we get the same old "them guys couldn't handle real work" stuff that we hear ever time someone quits. This place has old school superintendents that believe they aren't to be questioned, leaders that have no clue how to get people to do their job and respect them, these two work diligently to ensure that none of the programs that the manager tries to install work at all. They preach safety but there is no sign whatsoever at living it. Hazard communication is, "watch out this stuff is really bad for you", then your're handed 8 orders to load or offload the stuff all day. They say if we catch you without your ppe on you will be fired on spot. but then they never check. If a truck is scheduled for 9:00 am and its loaded and out of the unit by 9:35 am, everyone in the unit knows that there is some major step skipping going on.
Pros
There are other jobs out there
Cons
Nearly everything
Pool company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Low pay, wont get a rise into 2 years they push you to work 7-1 12 shifts.union not good did not do a them thing .they give you alot of work on you on.
Pros
Free benife
Cons
No bonese
What was a great comapny is now a joke
Operator (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXMay 4, 2018
You've read the other reviews, very accurate.
The company's moto "safety is a value" is only relevant if it doesn't impact profit margins.
The management have destroyed moral, cut costs in every corner they can, from lack of maintenance to substandard PPE. There's no training system in place and trainees are constantly left to work on their own with deadly chemicals.
I'm looking for jobs elsewhere and would advise anyone to keep looking before working here.

If OSHA ever made a surprise inspection this place would be shut down.
Pros
Family health care
Cons
Everything else
Horrible
Operator(loader) (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXApril 22, 2018
This place is the lowest paying plant in the Houston area and the most physical. Safety is non existent and when you do have a safety concern it's put off. Management is horrible they expect you to load 100 trucks and rail cars with 4 guys.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Pay, workload, management, hr, schedule
They talk about family unless you are an operator
Dockman (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXFebruary 26, 2018
The management does not care about anybody in operations or maintenance. We had to bring the union in to try to get the things fixed but they think it's just a joke
Pros
Trying to get this contact signed
Cons
To much forced overtime and management and hr are really bad
Terrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXOctober 20, 2017
Not a good place to work, management are terrible and when you have a complaint HR are for them a waste of time to file a complaint. All management needs to be replaced and maybe it will be a decent place to work.
Benefits
a once thriving company now spiralling downward under new ex management.
management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
Turnover under current executive leadership has been double digit last 3 years. Employees are disgruntled as evidenced by recent affirmative vote for hourly union. Not a healthy place to work except for benefits
benefits
Cons
unhappy employees
Unstable company
operator/ safety professional (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXMarch 8, 2017
Our company recently went union and ever sense the moral and upper managment leadership skill have went down hill. I feel the company is in a down hill spike and am seeking a stable and established company to grow with
benefits
Cons
managment