Odysea Aquarium Employee Reviews

1.8Pay & Benefits
2.2Job Security & Advancement
Horrible Managment/ Horrible administration
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 17, 2019
This is another company who is all about looking out for number one which is themselves. They have no concern about you unless you’re able to give them everything they need. Administration there does not know anything about anyone they have employeed and 80% of their staff are interns who are required to donate 40 hrs a week of their time to odyssey for 5 days a week (sounds like a full time job to me). This place is all about free labor. There is a woman here who is in charge of each department and she does not know how to handle anything so she deleigates duties into the interns and when they can’t handle it they are let go from the program.
Pros
Cons
Management/ administration
It's a terrible company
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2019
In short, if you don't mind having all of your time and energy wasted, then this is the place for you. Other than that, it's a miserable company with little to no actual interest in it's employees or it's animal life.
Cons
Schedules are horrible, no flexibility, unorganized environment, carelessness of employees
Was a fun place to work seeing all the exhibits and work with the community
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 22, 2018
I learned about new animal species

Worked with children and adults
Toured
It was a very well organized community
They make sure visitors have the best experience at the odyssey aquarium
Pros
Educational
Cons
N/a
Most unappreciative company to work for
GUEST RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 3, 2018
I have worked here for about 6 months and the management is all over the place. None of the managers communicate with one another so you are constantly being told different things. People go very under appreciated there. Not a single employee there has told me they want to stay there. Management plays favorites all of the time. But, I did love all of my coworkers and the family that I had there, it's definitely a strong community. I also just love the fish and how we care for them.
Pros
Free Admission for yourself
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Facility Is Open, Inviting...Management, not so much...
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 18, 2017
For a premiere facility of it's type, management does not seem interested in fostering a feeling of care, education, and support among it's staff.

From the building layout, to ticket sales, to policies about guests & employees, everything seems confrontational and anti-intuitive. Does not allow guests re-entry, tries to herd them one-way thru and out the door. Oddly, does not have alternative exits, on the one through the gift shop. There are emergency exits which are well-marked.

Yes, there are unique features, but they are not explained well or flow well with the path through the building.

Employees are always in a situation of "putting out a fire" due to guest confusion, which is a direct result of building design and company policies.

All said and done, the exibits are very nice and kids will enjoy it. Parents, please have saintly patience, you will need it.
Pros
Variety of Exibits & Uniqueness
Cons
Confounding building layout & rules for guests & employees. Very dark inside.
this place is a awsome place to take your kids!
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2017
I loved working there.i would go to work every day at 6pm and I would clean the hole place and work to 2:30 or longer.i have learnd that you can kepp all kinda anaimals in a big cool place