Odyssey Cruises Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun and exciting place to refine your fine dining skills
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2018
Management was a dream to work for, they were very professional and fair and their training program really prepared me for my future endeavors.

My work day consisted of setting up the restaurant and making sure we had everything we need to have a productive day or night. At the end of the day, we reset the restaurant to be set for success for the next day.
Pros
The many different people and personalities I had the pleasure of working with.
Cons
Quick breaks, healthcare
Best place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2018
It's a place where you can growth. It teaches you teamwork, costumer service, & leadership. Perfect for anyone seeking experience in the food industry. The management it's great.
Pros
Discount
Like every job, come in make your money and GO HOME.
Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to work, but you have to be strong in the mind and heart. Come ready to work. The veteran staff can be cutthroat, but that is only because they strive to maintain a standard of excellence for their service.
Pros
Shipmates, Base Pay for Servers and Bartenders, Tips
Cons
Not at all a fun place to work
1st Cook (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2016
This job could be more professional in their training of new employees. And more professional in serving their customers. They need to find away in providing lunch breaks for their workers.
No Comment
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 23, 2015
I am a professional, I do not like to talk bad about someone else's actual business unless it is a horrible place. Every work place has it's good and bad.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
Short breaks/almost non existent, no growth or benefits.
customer
bartender (Former Employee) –  washington dc2010October 14, 2015
hello I appy for that job its a high turn over all the time the training is not organized at all they always hiring for new crew member half off them don't show up for work
Pros
lunch
Cons
dinner
Fun job but low pay and prejudice captain kills it, brown nose behavior encouraged
First Mate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
In the beginning it was a fun place to work. Fellow coworkers for the most part were some of the most awesome people to work. To this day I still think fondly of many of them. You get to meet and work with people of all kinds and from all walks of life which was great. Looks good on resume too. Long hours and lots of work was welcomed but after a while it becomes too much since the pay was so low. Promotions were not hard to come by if you worked your butt off. Uniforms are sharp but company makes you pay for them and they are not cheap, which I always thought was bull considering the wage they start you at. Anyway, if it wasn't because I met my wife there I honestly have to say that every thing good was greatly diminished by one particular captain. Also the butt kissing nature of other employees sometimes made it hard to know who you could trust. One last thing, being part of the marine crew means a great deal of responsibility and for the pay it really isn't worth it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, great coworkers sometimes, fun place sometimes
Cons
way too much work, low pay especially for the responsibility, head captain
Fun workplace
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2012
Beautiful experience. Beautiful boat...good food. Training was great. Co workers works well together (team work)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare and river rats
this job was very great job. i loved this job.
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2012
productive, safe, and fun place to work. customer service is a high priority of this company