Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun, productive, impactful job
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2018
This place is amazing! They pay well, respect employees and the culture has shifted toward the betterment of the patient and staff. They truly care about you
Not a good place to grow
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 1, 2018
Feels great to help others, but very stressful. Alot of demands are made on entry level staff. Poor pay for entry staff, makes it harder to fill positions. Facility is not well maintained
Pros
Great pay for management
Cons
High stress
Great place poor management
Grant Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 31, 2018
The employees were great, the job culture was great. Management did not have a sense of job culture which promoted security and promotion. The only individuals that seemed to constantly received raises was management.
Challenging but limited opportunity for advancement
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 24, 2018
Great experience in residential treatment setting, but limited opportunities for advancement and salaries are pretty static. Its better to stay focused on your job and not get caught in the culture.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement, uncertian job security
I love Odyssey House
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 29, 2017
I would recommend OHL to anyone. You become a big family. They give promotions when deserved and hire from within. The agency has a relaxed and laid back atmosphere and it was a joy to go everyday.
Good Mission
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 5, 2017
Time spent working here was a joy knowing the effort was to assist people in rebuilding their lives.

Building community relations and developing many projects that also instilled team members with pride and vocational skills was rewarding.
A thriving organization that provides a necessary service to the city
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2015
Odyssey House is the biggest and most successful not for profit organizations in the state that provides the whole continuum of care for those suffering from addiction and substance abuse.

It is a fast paced, all hands on deck culture in a time where the financial landscape is ever in flux and that can sometimes be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable, though, is the gratification of knowing that we are working for an organization that is making a significant difference in our community.
Wide variety of social services provided to the community
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 30, 2014
Odyssey House provides housing to homeless individuals with mental health, physical health, and developmental disabilities. Case management is provided to assist the client to move toward self sufficiency. I work in a quasi management position conducting team meetings with two other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is helping the client to manage their addictions. However, there is an inpatient and outpatient treatment program along with a community clinic. I enjoy working with the clients and helping them advance in life by accomplishing the goals set in their treatment plan.
Fun place to work.
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2013
Working with co workers and residents. And working with chef cook.
Pros
Chef demom
Cons
Non
Review of Job Description
Recovery Support Staff (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2013
My typical work day is focus on drug rehab, problem solving, counseling and managing. Working at Odyssey House LA, I have learned in depth knowledge of addiction, mental, and behavioral health. Addiction is a disease. This disease can be won only if individuals are ready and open for change.

My co-workers and I are team players. The hardest part about the job is when I witness clients give up on their recovery and end up more mentally and behaviorally destroyed; and allow their addiction to take whole of them. I can say the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients successfully complete treatment and start encouraging clients they're able to do the same.
Productive and rewarding workplace making a difference in the lives of others
Program Manager / Vocational Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2013
Great place to assist others as they rebuild their lives and set out on a new journey of sobriety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc. Reviews by Location