Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc. Employee Reviews

Review from New Hire
new hire (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 9, 2018
I started recently. Process was little longer then I was expecting. People are very kind and upbeat. At this time the job has gone well. Smart staff
Pros
People, Clients, Pay
Review from Agency
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LANovember 9, 2018
As agency nursing i wanted to leave a review of honesty. odyssey has changed over the last 1/2 yr. This is a time to be an odyssey employee. i applied to be staff here and hope it works. they do good for olreans parish and surrounding parishs. their new chief is a good man. Clients need odyssey house
Job Security
admission (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 6, 2018
If you can keep up with changes you will succeed. If you cannot handle changes do not work here. I enjoy it and many of us do. It does not matter if you work here or else where there will be multiple things to overcome. It is like any job. The management here has improved with the new operations chief. I recommend working anywhere but in the finance department.
Pros
pay & pto
Veteran Staffer
LPN Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 6, 2018
Having a hand in an org that changes peoples lives is a large reason for being here.
I have witnessed a lot of changes and turnover.
I can say we feel we are becoming larger and more influential in nola.
New leaders like our new coo have created renewed enthusiam for ohl.
Pros
patient, salary, coo, work hours, pto
Cons
turnover which they are addressing
I worked at the House 1 year ago
lpn (Former Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LANovember 6, 2018
Im applying to wrk back the OHL. I left due to lack luster leadership . my socialworker friend told me good things and i hope to come bak . we spoke last night and i will see for my own self..if different i will change my review
Pros
mission
Cons
poor leadership ...... not sure if they have changed it but heard they have changed some
employee resigned review
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Orleans Parish, LANovember 5, 2018
the typical day at the house can be chaotic becuz of less staff...
this is the hardest challenge is the low staff.. if they fix this I thnk the house will succeed more
I do not work here no more but want to come back
I heard good things now
Pros
treating clients, working with staff
Cons
over loaded work sometime
detox reviews
Contract LPN (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 5, 2018
I like to continue to work detox as a contractor now because of changes...it is a good friendly site for me to wrk my lpn prn hours. new staff friendlier nw
Pros
detox manager whos new
Cons
old managmtn of detox
Honest Review
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 5, 2018
Being a part of the mission at OHL has been a great experience. OHL has been through the rigor back from Katrina Days. We know big challenges have been managers and management. People don't want to stay. I do feel big changes. First time in my years here...
Pros
clients, staff, benefits, pay, timeoff, new managrs
Cons
old management
Former Employee
rss (Former Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LANovember 5, 2018
I worked for the Odyssey H not 2 long ago and miss it. I had to leave becuz of personal issues in my life. Am reapplying now mainly cuz we hear of new upper management who actually hear us, listen, care. old managers are gone and I feel better comin back
Pros
executive managers
Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 2, 2018
Odyssey House is a top notch organization. Benefits are very good!. Ignore bad reviews they are from former employee Responsible for the past issues.
Pros
client
Ohl
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 2, 2018
This is a good place to have a job as of now. The leadership is highly regarded and are 6 months new. They are the talk of the city. Good people putting us all on the right path!
Pros
People and managers
Changes
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  4730 Washington AvenueNovember 2, 2018
Odyssey House has improved 180 degrees with the newer management on board. Excitement is in the air!!! Great please to work with a lot of growth !!!! We hear of a lot of job openings because of the new buildings soon to come!
Benefits
OHL helps a lot of people with addtiction
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2018
I would work at OHL again. I gained a lot of experience working with the clients and working in the clinic and in the detox center. I started working with a counselor in training CIT license, and now I have obtained a Registered Addiction Counselor license.
High Energy work place
Recovery Support Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2018
There's not a lot of structure for clients that are serious about recovery but the staff is amazing. Management is very accessible, and always listens to employee concerns. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
It's fast paced, and you're very involved with the clients
Cons
No real lunch breaks, part-timers work over 40 hours most of the tie without the benefits
Not a Good Place
Managet (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 16, 2018
Staff is treated poorly. Clients are treated poorly. The only thing Executive Management cares about is money money and money. People are put in positions to fail. Many guidelines are broken. Upper management is awful and deceitful. There is no jon stability. The turnover is extremely high. Keep looking, dont waste ur time.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Everyone
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and conduct client and staff satisfaction surveys that are a part of our Process Quality Improvement measures. We are currently working on a retention plan to ensure a better work environment for all staff. We are also working on leadership training to ensure professionalism, adherence to policies and procedures, teamwork, transparency, and communication.

It's an okay place to work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 27, 2018
The job its okay. It not the worse but its not exactly the best. Stressful work environment but if its your passion to work in the substance abuse field you can obtain the training you need to succeed at your next career opportunity. Only bad thing is the current building is about to fall apart any minute.
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Stressful
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and have a renovation and repairs plan in place to address current building concerns. We also have an Employee Assistance Program available to staff to address concerns such as stress management.

Absolutely Pathetic
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2018
All about money, power and gossip.
It has very little to do with anyone getting well.
It is an embarrassment to be a part of a team where management cares more about what happens to Cookie on Empire than what is wrong in the lives of the patients that we are treating. I would die of a heart attack if I saw some of my mgmt team actually climb down from their holy altars and extend a hand shake, or a kind word or maybe just a simple smile to one or two of our patients. Some of them are in pain and could use just a simple, short act of kindness to help them through the day....the 24 hours we tell them that it's "all" they have to get through at a time. "Just a day at a time." right? Why don't we pay a little more attention to their day? I guarantee you it goes by a whole lot slower than you think especially when you are mentally ill.
But, we are the professionals. We are supposed to know that..or do we?
Pros
breaks, benefits, pay
Cons
often times patients get ignored
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback. Employees are encouraged to submit an Employee Concern form to have their concerns addressed and resolved. We are currently working on leadership training to ensure more professionalism, teamwork, and communication.

-HR Director

Fun, productive, impactful job
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2018
This place is amazing! They pay well, respect employees and the culture has shifted toward the betterment of the patient and staff. They truly care about you
It's for a certain type of person
Recovery Support Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2018
Employees and Management are great, the work is difficult at times. The program itself doesn't have structure; the clients do whatever they want when certain people are on shift. The building itself is very very old and needs a lot of repairs. The job as a whole was satisfying.
August 10, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and will look into our compensation structure to evaluate where we can make improvements for line staff. We are also working on building renovations and repairs.

-OHL HR Director

Not a good place to grow
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 1, 2018
Feels great to help others, but very stressful. Alot of demands are made on entry level staff. Poor pay for entry staff, makes it harder to fill positions. Facility is not well maintained
Pros
Great pay for management
Cons
High stress
August 10, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc. Reviews by Location