Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a Good Place
Managet (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 16, 2018
Staff is treated poorly. Clients are treated poorly. The only thing Executive Management cares about is money money and money. People are put in positions to fail. Many guidelines are broken. Upper management is awful and deceitful. There is no jon stability. The turnover is extremely high. Keep looking, dont waste ur time.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Everyone
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and conduct client and staff satisfaction surveys that are a part of our Process Quality Improvement measures. We are currently working on a retention plan to ensure a better work environment for all staff. We are also working on leadership training to ensure professionalism, adherence to policies and procedures, teamwork, transparency, and communication.

Poor and deceitful upper management
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 10, 2018
Horrible place to work. Even worst place to consider treatment. The whole program is a joke. There is no chance for advancement. Upper management sucks(big time). Regular workers are over worked and no appreciation. Good place to if your in the market to become modern day slave...
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
No job security, stressful
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and we are currently working on a retention plan that includes more staff recognition to ensure a better work/life balance, leadership training to ensure professionalism, teamwork, transparency, and communication as well as a professional development plan for all staff. We also conduct client and staff satisfaction surveys that are a part of our Process Quality Improvement measures.

-HR Director

Nepotistic, Absentee Upper Management, Client Abuse.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2018
Clients are treated like children.Staff is treated like inmates. Management is delusional.Food that feed clients should just be considers horrible air.Walking on eggshells here.Good employees always get forced out. Building has mold. I'm sure all the good reviews are from managers.
Pros
Other Counselors
Cons
Client Food, Moron Boss, Micro Manage, Underpaid, Slave labor, Evil Finance
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback. We conduct client and staff satisfaction surveys that are a part of our Process Quality Improvement measures. We also have a client grievance process and employees are encouraged to submit an Employee Concern forms to have their concerns addressed and resolved. We are currently working on leadership training as well as ways to address the client food concerns and have a renovation and repairs plan in place to address building concerns.

Absolutely Pathetic
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2018
All about money, power and gossip.
It has very little to do with anyone getting well.
It is an embarrassment to be a part of a team where management cares more about what happens to Cookie on Empire than what is wrong in the lives of the patients that we are treating. I would die of a heart attack if I saw some of my mgmt team actually climb down from their holy altars and extend a hand shake, or a kind word or maybe just a simple smile to one or two of our patients. Some of them are in pain and could use just a simple, short act of kindness to help them through the day....the 24 hours we tell them that it's "all" they have to get through at a time. "Just a day at a time." right? Why don't we pay a little more attention to their day? I guarantee you it goes by a whole lot slower than you think especially when you are mentally ill.
But, we are the professionals. We are supposed to know that..or do we?
Pros
breaks, benefits, pay
Cons
often times patients get ignored
September 21, 2018

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback. Employees are encouraged to submit an Employee Concern form to have their concerns addressed and resolved. We are currently working on leadership training to ensure more professionalism, teamwork, and communication.

Fun, productive, impactful job
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2018
This place is amazing! They pay well, respect employees and the culture has shifted toward the betterment of the patient and staff. They truly care about you
It's for a certain type of person
Recovery Support Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2018
Employees and Management are great, the work is difficult at times. The program itself doesn't have structure; the clients do whatever they want when certain people are on shift. The building itself is very very old and needs a lot of repairs. The job as a whole was satisfying.
August 10, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and will look into our compensation structure to evaluate where we can make improvements for line staff. We are also working on building renovations and repairs.

-OHL HR Director

Not a good place to grow
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 1, 2018
Feels great to help others, but very stressful. Alot of demands are made on entry level staff. Poor pay for entry staff, makes it harder to fill positions. Facility is not well maintained
Pros
Great pay for management
Cons
High stress

Great place poor management
Grant Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 31, 2018
The employees were great, the job culture was great. Management did not have a sense of job culture which promoted security and promotion. The only individuals that seemed to constantly received raises was management.

-OHL HR Director

Challenging but limited opportunity for advancement
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 24, 2018
Great experience in residential treatment setting, but limited opportunities for advancement and salaries are pretty static. Its better to stay focused on your job and not get caught in the culture.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement, uncertian job security
August 10, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and will look into our compensation structure to evaluate where we can make improvements.

I love Odyssey House
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 29, 2017
I would recommend OHL to anyone. You become a big family. They give promotions when deserved and hire from within. The agency has a relaxed and laid back atmosphere and it was a joy to go everyday.

Want to know more about Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good Mission
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 5, 2017
Time spent working here was a joy knowing the effort was to assist people in rebuilding their lives.

Building community relations and developing many projects that also instilled team members with pride and vocational skills was rewarding.
A thriving organization that provides a necessary service to the city
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2015
Odyssey House is the biggest and most successful not for profit organizations in the state that provides the whole continuum of care for those suffering from addiction and substance abuse.

It is a fast paced, all hands on deck culture in a time where the financial landscape is ever in flux and that can sometimes be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable, though, is the gratification of knowing that we are working for an organization that is making a significant difference in our community.
Wide variety of social services provided to the community
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 30, 2014
Odyssey House provides housing to homeless individuals with mental health, physical health, and developmental disabilities. Case management is provided to assist the client to move toward self sufficiency. I work in a quasi management position conducting team meetings with two other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is helping the client to manage their addictions. However, there is an inpatient and outpatient treatment program along with a community clinic. I enjoy working with the clients and helping them advance in life by accomplishing the goals set in their treatment plan.
Fun place to work.
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2013
Working with co workers and residents. And working with chef cook.
Pros
Chef demom
Cons
Non
Review of Job Description
Recovery Support Staff (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2013
My typical work day is focus on drug rehab, problem solving, counseling and managing. Working at Odyssey House LA, I have learned in depth knowledge of addiction, mental, and behavioral health. Addiction is a disease. This disease can be won only if individuals are ready and open for change.

My co-workers and I are team players. The hardest part about the job is when I witness clients give up on their recovery and end up more mentally and behaviorally destroyed; and allow their addiction to take whole of them. I can say the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients successfully complete treatment and start encouraging clients they're able to do the same.
Productive and rewarding workplace making a difference in the lives of others
Program Manager / Vocational Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2013
Great place to assist others as they rebuild their lives and set out on a new journey of sobriety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Odyssey House Louisiana, Inc. Reviews by Location