Play YouTube video button

OEC Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
OEC Group selected this as a representative review
Growing company - full of opportunity
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2017
You will learn everything there is to know about the ocean shipping industry. Become an import export professional and interact with various companies who import or export goods.
Pros
Not Micro Managed
Cons
Job Security
No flexibility, low pay and great health benefits
Logistics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 2, 2019
The company is getting overly centralized by management. More flexibility would be nice to show employees that you trust them as adults to do their jobs. Pay wouldn't be as big of a deal if there was more work flexibility,
Not very professional
Ocean Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 12, 2019
To much drama for an office setting. If you choose to work there best to keep to yourself. HR does not make fair decisions on hiring and firing of candidates. Everything is in group email and unorganized. More people are on there phones and worried about who they are going to date next in the office rather then the work itself. Dress codes and policies not enforced but, only upon select individuals. More of a popularity contest then a business setting.
Pros
Nice office and area
Cons
To much office drama with employees, management and HR.
Waste of time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2019
Don’t bother making friends because it’s like a high school there. If a manager does not like you, you will not last. This post will probably be deleted by the company.
Ocean Import. Traffic. Ect.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2019
It is a great opportunity if you are interested in the operations industry. Great training program the only Con is : Low pay. Stop wasting money on fancy parties and events and pay your employees more.
Cons
LOW PAY ( starvation wage)
Average
Traffic Pricing Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Job has a great work environment/culture and like to do nice things for the employees. However, for the amount of hours/work load performed I believe the compensation for most employees should be higher.
Pros
Cons
Hours/Compensation
Awesome
Customer Service Representative/Ocean Imports (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75038December 6, 2018
OEC Group is the most amazing company I have ever worked for. It is not just an office, it is a family. The people are great and the culture within is phenomenal. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone.
Great Place to Start
Cerritos - Ocean Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 21, 2018
Company culture was great, but it's slowly becoming more strict and the environment is becoming more cold. They'll train you from the ground up, which is great. Get the knowledge you need and move on and up.
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers.
Cons
Low pay for demanding work.
Good place to work, fast paced environment.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, NYAugust 22, 2017
The days go by quick at OEC, everyday is a new challenge, the culture is fun and the management is easy going. Not a lot of chances to move up as it is a relatively small company. Overall it's an enjoyable job if you don't take into account the pay.
December 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. OEC Group is committed to creating a comfortable and family oriented work environment! We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience thus far. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our pay structure as the company grows and value our employee's input.

its a good job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 16, 2017
this job teaches you about the world and community that you can teach others also once u start you wouldnt think ofnit as so fun but then once u get into it you will like it.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy working at OEC Group. OEC Group is committed to becoming one of the best employers to work for.

No mobility and low pay
Pricing Analyst/Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 15, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, no one is riding you all day. No structure everyone does whatever they want. Everyone gets paid from 30-40K. No upward mobility. Turnover is also high, I saw about 30 new people and I have been here for about a year and 1 month.
Pros
have office parties for holiday, can have direct communication with upper management
Cons
no upward mobility, low pay, old school culture
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback! As the company continues to grow and develop, OEC Group is continuously looking for ways to improve our organizational structure and provide career advancement opportunities.

Great place
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, NYJune 2, 2017
I loved working for this company. They treat everyone so good and show a lot of appreciation. Great team work and very friendly environment. The pay however is below what it should be but other than that the company is amazing. I left for more money and hated it ever since
March 22, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback! We are glad to hear that you are happy at OEC Group! At OEC Group, we thrive to become an employer of choice.

ok
Logistics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 29, 2017
this is a good place to work. they give people chances and for those who have been around for 5+ years, it is comfortable for those people. family culture. management is good in my opinion. all relatively young, and know what they're doing.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! OEC Group is pleased to hear your positive work experience and would like to thank you for your continued contributions to the company.

laid back &
Ocean Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
This position was great when I first started. The upper management did train me to be able to succeed in the position.
However, management was not the best. Always secretive, make promises they cannot keep, and unfortunately, the "employees first" is not true.

On a good note, they do believe in family first. I have children, and they always allowed me to take off when needed. They were very understanding in certain things.

This is a great company to get into, but again, management is not the best. Advancing in the company was also a default. Everyone in higher positions, have been their a long time, and no one is leaving any time soon.

They do a lot of company outings, and parties to celebrate holidays, and just to get everyone involved with the families.
Pros
company outings
Cons
bad management
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry that you had negative experience with OEC Group. As the company continues to grow, we are continuously looking for ways to improve our work atmosphere and become an employer of choice.

This company is not a great place to work
Sales Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, NYDecember 2, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 weeks and it was the most stressful 2 weeks of my life. They have you in a training class where the trainer has a heavy Asian accent which makes it difficult to understand. Majority of the people working in the company is asians that graduated from a freight college or somewhere in china. The person that was training was very rude and unprofessional. If you have no experience in the frieght industry this is not the job for you cause they expect you to Catch on to the work in a week. They seem to have great benefits which is what draws your attention to the company. Also the salary does not match the amount of work they want you do.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, 1 hour lunch, 9-6 hours with no flexibility
March 22, 2018

We apologize for the negative experience that you encountered. As the company continues to grow, we are continuously looking for ways to improve our pay structure and training programs. OEC Group is committed to developing our employees throughout their career and become an employer of choice.

great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
I worked in the Customer Service department and enjoyed it because this is an area that the company really focused on. Management showed a lot of care for customers, but also for the employees. All of my employees were super awesome and everyone worked well together.
Pros
open communication, high team work
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you have had a great experience at OEC Group. We do take care of our employees and appreciate their contributions.

sales trainee program
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
I was offered a full-time position in the program after my college graduation. I was a little hesitant to enter sales, but all of my doubts were proven wrong. I learned so much from my time in the Sales program, especially from my supervisors and my co-workers. The atmosphere of the office was also a reason why I took the job.
Pros
friendly employees, new employee lunch
Cons
distance from home
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! OEC Group is delighted to hear about your positive work experience! We appreciate your continued hard work and dedication to the company.

how my interview process went
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
I applied for a position with OEC online and received a response within a week. I received an email requesting to set up a phone interview so I scheduled it for the end of the week. I was a little nervous for the phone interview, but the woman I spoke with was personable and made it easy to explain my reasons for applying and my interests at OEC. The phone interview went well and I went to the onsite interview the next day. I really liked the environment of the office and how all of the employees seemed to know each other. Looks like a great place to work!
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your reply! We are pleased to hear that it was a positive experience with OEC Group. We always thrive to support our employees and become an employer of choice.

Great place to work!
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
I have been interning at OEC for about two months now and it has been great so far! I am getting real hands-on experience in my field and I am able to really learn from my supervisors. Everyone in the office is welcoming and I can communicate with everyone openly.
Pros
the culture and environment
March 22, 2018

Thank you for providing feedbacks! OEC Group is glad to hear that you like the culture and environment at the company. We want to thank you for your continued contributions to the company.

Start career here don't end
Operations (Current Employee) –  NY NYAugust 20, 2015
Unprofessional depending what department you are in.
A lot of work.
Good benefits 3% match 401k.

There are favorites in the company, many are fresh college graduates or college drop outs. Co workers work hard but are not appreciated through their efforts.
Pros
Company dinner
March 22, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedbacks! Based on feedback from our employees, we will continue to improve our work atmosphere and thrive to become an employer of choice.

awful
Ocean Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 23, 2015
awful place to work, people were awful, no training just awful would not recommend to anyone, managers had no people skills, worst place i worked for
March 22, 2018

We apologize for the negative work experience that you had. As the company is growing, we are improving our training program and work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OEC Group. Our community is ready to answer.