OERLIKON Employee Reviews

They got a big turn over on 2nd and 3rd
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 11, 2018
No people skill, managerial skill. Management don't care about the people. Especially the hard working ones. They don't have meeting with the employee. Management. They don't have the time. Lead person don't have people skill, but he do show favortism to certain employee.
Best company I've worked for.
Additive Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
The first job that I have had that I feel appreciated. Even though we are getting ready to move into our brand new green facility safety, quality and professionalism stands as top priorities. Great job team!
Pros
Good PTO and benefits, technology, tools, equipment, team members and top management cares.
Cons
FR clothing is hot
the company is a good company to work for.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHJune 28, 2018
this job was a good job fair and set things i was to have done during my shift. the boss was easy to get along with and showed me what i needed to do for my job.
Needs improvement.
Incoming Operator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 25, 2018
This company has excellent benefits however the hours are changing constantly without much notice and pay is a little low for the work load. There are some instances of favoritism between employees and the opportunity for advancement is slim to nonexsistent. The work itself is intriguing and interesting and fast paced. Attention to detail is crucial. This company has no "training" curriculum. Everything is hands on and you are expected to learn through repetition. You may be hired for one position however they do expect for you to cross train and learn other departments. This works well in ensuring job security however be aware as you could find yourself stuck somewhere you didn't want to be. Overall its excellent for current college students or high school students as they WILL NOT accommodate your schedule for anything else.
Always looking for reasons to celibrate.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2018
Great place to work. Three shifts to choose from. The management team has changed and seem to really care about their employees. Company plans to grow and they are investing in new technology.
Pros
Great 401k and good pay
Cons
Must wear steel toed shoes.
Its a job that may pay your bills when you get OT.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 6, 2018
Opportunities are luck based. Depending on managements mood on that day determines how you are treated and what rules they wish to enforce. The worse you do at a job the more likely you will be promoted.
See below
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 5, 2018
Cut Throat and back stabbing cultured.
Senior management had no clue concerning operation....
Management took advantage of liberal PTO
Management would give excuse they were working from home.
Benefits were excellent.
Compensation was low.
No teamwork or trust.
Although they always promoted safety, no one cared about it....
Its a good and friendly place to work.
Production Tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 28, 2018
I have enjoyed working at oerlikon Fairfield for the last 12 years have learned a lot about gear making and the people there are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good working hours and good pay
Cons
A lot of overtime and layoff
Relaxed but Outdated
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 27, 2018
Oerlikon Metco provides a relaxed but outdated atmosphere. LEAN manufacturing processes are preached, but never practiced. Too much tribal knowledge can lead to stagnant career growth.
Pros
Make your own schedule.
Cons
Little to no pay scale increases.
Great place to work and good benefits
Assistant Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 7, 2018
I had a great time working at Oerlikon. I learned a lot about being a good leader and how to be better with time and prioritizing my tasks. It ended up not working out in the end. I had my responsibilities nearly doubled and I had to stay at the same title and pay grade. I went back to Ernst Metal Technologies to work for a little less money, but a lot less responsibility.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/a
Fast pace and stressful.
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIMarch 6, 2018
The company claims that they are Best in Class but the higher management don't know anything about management. Workers and engineers there are like slaves. The workplace is like WWII Work Camps or concentration camps. Good work has no meaning for them. There is no value for employees at OERLIKON. If you make one mistake even if it wasn't your mistake totally you will be accused. You can't even use your vacations. 247 on call no vacation, no rest, no sleep. The worst place to work.
Pros
You will get experience in PVD Cotings
Cons
The worst place regarding work and life balance.
Culture is a bit old-school, but interesting company w/great boss
MANAGER, FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NY 11590February 23, 2018
Manufacturing environment new to me, nice to learn new business practices and procedures. I'm a contract person, the term has expired, and boss is keeping me indefinitely. I do desire permanent, however.
Terrible management
Tool Coating Technician (Current Employee) –  Agawam, MAJanuary 9, 2018
Benefits are fantastic, but the corporate side of the company rubs in how little you make compared to what your branch earns in profit. management is a mess and employees that aren't good workers get recognized the same amount as the employees that work hard.
benefits
Cons
management and pay
Not the place to be if you value your career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 13, 2017
A tremendous amount of finger-pointing, infighting and backstabbing and that's just within your own department.

The leadership team in Europe has no idea of how to manage US employees and the integration between Metco and Oerlikon has been a disaster. The management team in Westbury is a nightmare too.
Pros
401(k) match
Cons
unfair labor practices, employees who are more concerned with their fiefdoms than making the workplace better.
Run- Lazy people make your job harder/bad culture
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIDecember 12, 2017
Management cares about dollars - huge separation and unbalanced standard some wander around spending half their day in breaks never addressed when the few who carry the place are pushed to keep giving more. Customers suffer while the company is getting bilked out of hours not really spent working. All the good employees leave due to this. Yearly reviews are a joke only give pennies after you go above and beyond. Get your money when your hired or you won't get it but they'll keep adding to your responsibilities though. Corporate needs to get involved, high turnover rate. Temps even leave.
Pros
Lunches often during meetings
Cons
Culture, lazy coworkers, clown show
Great place to work!
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2017
Oerlikon metco dayton ohio is one of the best places I've worked. The company values great employees. There are plenty of opportunities if you apply your talents. In less than 2 years I've been promoted twice. I like that they are always looking for ways to improve processes in order to make sure that the job can be done in an effective way. I highly recommend anyone in the manufacturing field to apply for work at Oerlikon.
Pros
Advancement opportunity, excellent benefits, awesome appreciation gathering.
Cons
Lack of communication between shifts at times. Employees that always find things to complain about.
clean for a stamping shop
Assistant Supervisor line leader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2017
nice place to work. strict on attendance. room for advancement. willing to educate and send to school for work shop. very clean and organized. I miss the people the most..
Nice work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIOctober 9, 2017
I loved oerlikon i would definitely work there again everyone was so nice the work was easy and as long as you were doing what you needed to do it went by smoothly
Love the Company just wasn't enough job advancement
Outgoing Inspector; Coating Tech (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIOctober 8, 2017
Oerlikon is a great company too work for. Pay and benefits were awesome. Great cultural and diverse organization too be apart of. Management was very understanding too personal problems and flexibility...
Good Pay, but very repetitive!
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR/SETUP (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 11, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Easy job if you do not get bored easily doing the same thing over all the time. Management changed so often, it is hard to say if it is any good.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OERLIKON. Our community is ready to answer.