OFF 5TH Employee Reviews

Non-enthusiastic employees because of poor management
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
Saks OFF 5th was a great place to work before it acquired Gilt and thousands of employees were laid off. Any meeting usually consisted of negative impact on it's employees. Career advancement depends solely on your relationship with upper management and not your performance. It is a constant struggle to be the loudest person in the room to be noticed, rather than the actual work you are putting in. The open office environment makes it hard to focus and makes your ear subject to listening to everyone's conversations about their personal lives. Saks OFF 5th should care more about building a more professional environment and ensuring their development programs actual lead their employees to a better future.
productive fun place to work for
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 5, 2018
loved this job the discounts on clothing was awesome. the pay rate was awesome and I also got plenty of raises within the two years I worked there. no complaints
Retail that CARES
Customer Service representative in jewelry (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
Having worked in customer service in many difference aspects this has been one of the more positive experiences especially with the management changes in the last year. This company (and particularly this store) really cares about it's staff which translates to it's clientele --- making it so easy to come to work everyday and provide great customer care. The benefits of working here is endless and would recommend any position here at any time to anyone who was interested.
Pros
Pto, Decent Pay, Good work/life balance, Great management. Great Benefits
Cons
Constant re-branding and reward system issues
Was an okay place to work
Selling Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2018
I would recommend this job as a first job or good for college students. As I am older and a mother, this job was not a good fit for me. While it afforded me flexible hours, it was minimum wage and my shifts were all over the place. It is not good for good work-life balance. Overall, the staff and management were pretty easy to get along with. Not issues with any of the managers. Just your typical retail job.
Productive, Collaborative,Fashionable, Fun Place to work.
Selling and Service Supervisor over Center Core. (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 8, 2018
A typical work day goes by very quickly, you will always be busy with clients, associates, and daily task. There is always something to
be done. The management team is collaborative and they value everyones opinion. The work place culture is family oriented, and everyone cares about the store and each other. The hardest part of the job is pre-sale when you don't have the brand that clients prefer. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients and making them happy, and acknowledging associates on a job well done.
Pros
Management is fair and collaborative with each other and the associates
Cons
Better Pay would be great.
Great place to work if you are into fashion
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work was easy and fun. I learned how to be a leader. Management was cool. All had great personalities. Workplace culture was clean, neat, and organized. The hardest part of the job it was a 6am shift. The most enjoyable part of the job I was able to get first dibs on all the latest clothing that came in. And the employees discount is love! 40% off everything.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Shift was too early for me
good starter job for a short time
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 14, 2018
typically long hours and a lot of being on your feet. The hours suck for the amount of pay that is given. Management isn't great either and loosely follows some sort of structure that isn't clearly defined. They have a high turnover rate which isn't surprising. No rewards or real incentives to motivate employees.
Good for college students
Locator (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 4, 2018
Flexible with schedule, good pay, pretty ok hours. Dress code was sometimes an issue but it was a good work environment nonetheless. Learned a bit while there.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
management can be annoying
Strict accountability with no lead example
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Co workers would get written warnings for being 5-10 minutes late and after your second warning you went on final warning. I witnessed several co workers be let go after miscommunication with management on scheduling because they were on final warning. Meanwhile, managers would show up whenever they wanted and take smoke breaks several times a day.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks
Productive, fun , early learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 11, 2018
Loved working there the management was a lil off but loved it there . We had a good team we had no problem helping eachother out . We actually help put the store together cause it was a new store that was opening up at the time
Excellent Atmosphere for High Fashion
Womenswear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 2, 2018
The store was a wonderful place to showcase and display high fashion clothing and the the culture was wonderful. Keeping up with trends and seeing the new merchandise that came into the store was key in being successful and advancing.
Worst management ever
Asset protection investigator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Recently just quit here. Have worked as asset protection for numerous companies and this by far took the cake for being the worst. The store manager at Aurora does absolutely nothing. Absolutely nothing. Which directly affects your job as asset protection. Constantly having to do your job and the store managers job because he doesnt care. Then your area manager for asset protection is a kid who is racist and gives no to little training or help. Just bs. All around. Good thing was I made my own schedule and hours. Pay was good
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
No one else does their jobs.
It's All In What You Learn From The Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2018
This company's mission is to promote a customer service experience like no other, sometimes it can be challenging but you get back what you put into it. Like every other job, if you approach it with the right attitude and are willing to put in hard work, you will be rewarded for your efforts. The greatest part about this job is the people that I work with. When I'm having a bad day, they are always there to let me know that I'm cared for, it is truly a family type of atmosphere.The hardest part to probably adapt to is the scheduling. There are many college age students or adults going back to school that have a hard time with how the schedule works with classes often not having enough time to get from classes to work.
Pros
The People
Cons
Scheduling
easy going workplace
Men department sales associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 10, 2018
Saks was a great place to work at. I loved talking to regulars and meeting new people there. Networking my bosses were nice people i never hated going into work. The one knock I'll say is that it was like working for a higher class Macy's.So there was days where customers where really snobby and gave me hard time but other then that if they gave me better opportunities to get promoted and grow in the company i probably would've still been there.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
i didn't get much opportunities to get promotions.
Unless you need something on the side do not do it
FT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
Mangement was terrible the pay was minimum scheduling was a joke nobody ever knew what was going on. They make you wear tshirts, that make you feel like you work at a fast food resturant. Management walks around like a chicken with out a head and they don’t want you talking to each other like you’re in middle school when the store is slow even if you’re being productive.
Pros
The events at GILT and the discount
Cons
Everything else
Easy Job/Work Life Balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 13, 2018
Job had flexible scheduling and management was easy-going. Job tasks were straight-forward and easy. In addition, hours were manageable which allowed life balance.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays
Productive and fun enviroment
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
Great work place culture, great managers that are very supportive of security. Work hours are great. Hard to advance due to having only one store in the area.
Managers are terrible, other associates support each other well
Jack of All Trades (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
Management was replaced 4 separate times in less than 2 years. I was one of the last 6 people that was originally hired. I did everything and it got to the point associates would refer to me as a manager, and when I would apply for a manager position, I was told Everytime I have no leadership qualities. Sure, that's why every single associate would rather come to me than a manager. Customers thought I was a manager. New associates got hired on at more pay, and I received 2 raises. They were hired on making more. Really? Go work for the full line, they're much better.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The cost of your life
serious and quick paced environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
there was minimal room for growth and little understanding on the managements behalf. The discounts were great but the pay was not enough for financial purposes.
stressful.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 18, 2018
There are many ups and downs to this job.Week days are very slow, business picks up on the weekends. Managers never schedule enough people to work busy shifts, so you end up multi tasking to help the store run sufficiently. You will never leave on time for a closing shift and the store never looks completely sorted or ready for the next day.
Pros
Discounts when they were 30%
Cons
Not being compensated for the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OFF 5TH. Our community is ready to answer.