Off Broadway Shoes Employee Reviews

Not a fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 6, 2019
The job is an easy first job. It's basic cashiering and cleaning the store but it's very slow most of the time and it doesn't keep you occupied unless it's a weekend. Not good pay either
Poorly managed with a stressful work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 5, 2019
I worked here seasonally and felt extremely pressured at work. They did not pay me for all my hours. In a day, I would straighten up the store and assist customers.
good place to start at
Manger in Training (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2019
good place to start working i did advance a lot within the company in less than a year which was good for me in the long run and also learned a lot about management
Pros
close by my house
Cons
cut hours for no reason
great learning experience
Retail Sales Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
Fun to be at work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 17, 2019
Fun place, shoes are very cheap. Would definitely come back if I had to. Co-workers are cool and intellectual, managers will talk with lower employees to see how things are going and will step in if needed
Pros
Cheap shoes
Cons
Low hours
did not have same opportunity
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2019
no culture the management had life problems with echother and the management was rude but i can say they were about hard work and they would help you find out what you need to do
I did not like my job
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2019
The manager was not flexible or open to any changes. Very unprofessional, discrimination definitely was towards african Americans. I quit my job after feeling attacked.
Pros
Discounted shoes
Cons
Bad management
Management staff
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 18, 2018
very immature management staff, I left the company as soon as seen what they did to another manager when I was there. No help from HR when she called.
Productive, but limited work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 9, 2018
A typical day at Off Broadway would be checking emails and taking the deposit to the bank. Then with whatever cases we receive and or have on hand, censoring and placing shoes on the floor. I learned to manage a team and how to lead with purpose. Management team as a whole is not supported enough by each other. The hardest part about the job is the lack of flexibility in schedule. The most enjoyable part about working there is the staff among the entire store.
Pros
Friendly staff, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Lack of flexibility in schedule
Minimum Wage
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GADecember 7, 2018
I worked here when I was 16. I don't remember much about the work day. It wasn't hard to move up in the company but it was a very grouped company. If someone didn't like you it would be hard to go anywhere.
This company does not value its employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 1, 2018
They expect high paying work but pay you as little as possible. Your shifts will become very boring and repetitive. Managers are very nit-picky and will micromanage you, so if you like doing independent work and being able to manage your own tasks, this is not the place for you.

The store manager expects too much from young, part-time employees. He expects you not to have a life outside of work, and will frequently disregard your availability. There were also times where management would hire too many employees so you wouldn't have good hours.

There were frequently times when the store manager would break protocol for inaccurate clocking in and out as well as harassment to customers and colleagues and nothing would be done about it.

Sales associates are underpaid and underappreciated. This company does not value its employees.
Pros
Good employee discount of 40%
Cons
Management is awful
No team work
Assist manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CA 90028November 30, 2018
Loved working in the shoe fashion industry. Helping customers has always been priority because it is rewarding to have customers come back to the store and ask for your advice/help by name. Learning about different brands of shoes and shoe technology helped me advice customers of what type of shoes were better for their feet specially when it came to athletic wear.
Taking Initiative at work seem to cause conflict between my store manager. Although I was able to work on store visuals and shift merchandise properly the effort to do team work was unappreciative. I always tried to help the sales reps with shoe information and brand knowledge I was consistently told by my supervisors that it was unnecessary however I am a strong believer in education/tranining specially when it can help a business thrive.
Pros
401k and health insurance
Cons
Constant shoptlifting and employee theft
Amazing Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 29, 2018
The management at Off Broadway Shoes is amazing and very flexible with hours for school and secondary jobs. I overall highly recommend this place of work to all interested.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Slow shifts
Don't work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 28, 2018
The Danvers location of Off Broadway Shoes is horrible! There is such an incredible lack of respect for employees from managers. Work drama is really bad. Never got a Saturday off. Worked more hours than my boss. Don't work there!!!
Excellent enviornment, great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
To get hired, you most likely need experience with retail and customer service but the managers and co workers are welcoming the mission for the company is well known and they teach you everything you need to know. Nothing is bad about the job, just a great opportunity to get discounted shoes and advance job skills.
Pros
Management, discounts, advancement
Cons
nothing
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
I learned a lot working here ,you have to have great people skills to talk to other people and let them know about the sales and discounts. Also, you have to be respectful to your employees because they will help you in he long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
less benefits
Management was a nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
Store manager was a nightmare to work with. He'd been reported to corporate and HR for years and nothing had come of it, though he was eventually fired. I left shortly after and can't vouch for if or how things changed after that. Typical retail job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 9, 2018
I enjoy working maybe because meet different people the management is very well the discount is unbelievable for employees and just saw a whole atmosphere of good people
Pros
Get 45 minutes for lunch
Amazing job!!!
Retail Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716October 31, 2018
Fast pace sometimes has it slow days, flexible hours, you learn great customer service skills, and retail experience. Very organized management, and workplace for neat, clean and organized. Holiday's and weekends become hactic and fast paced. You enjoy the employees their very nice and pleasant.
n/a
Cashier/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2018
An excellent department to work for considering most Lieutenants and below. Due to today's current political climate it is a challenging and stressful occupation. The members of your team are doing the right thing for the right reasons. The department's reputation is carried on the backs of the officers that do the work. The senior leadership are very disengaged from the actual work done by the officers. Fortunately the working staff truly care about the profession and work extremely